+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents could not fulfil RO, your insight requested...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks! I see, what if they refuse, is it possible to ask for theif visitor visa to attend the wedding in August then,,? I am hoping so,
Yes you can try. It may be more difficult to get a TRV if they have just tried to retain the PR status because that basically indicates that they would like to remain in Canada permanently.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much Armoured! No I am yet to apply, Yes, my story is all over the place, I will make sure to put them in bullets, as effective as possible....I will be adding more points on how the reunion is going to impact me mentally, not worrying about them and trying to organize affairs / errands from here for them and how they will be now with their children at this final phase in life. If anything else I can add, please do let me know, from my windy story, :) much appreciate!
What is the most important is to show that they had an H&C reason that made them unable to meet their RO since 2014 and prevented them from returning to Canada until now and that they would be relocated permanently to Canada if given the option. You should explain the rituals that had to be done and why they had to be done by the parents and why that prevented them from coming to Canada if rituals were every year or every 6 months for example. You mention trauma quite often had they pursued treatment for whatever mental health issues they had? It sounds like you are describing grief not trauma but you would have to go into details at the why their grief was preventing them from coming to Canada If they had sought out treatment, medication, etc. concrete proof like medical records or receipts of all these things should be included.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Entering the US is an option if they already have US visa or want to wait until they can get an appointment with the US embassy to try and secure one. Most offices are only booking 12+ months from now although you can try to get a cancellation. The big issue is that if able to enter Canada without being reported they won’t be able to secure a new and valid health card in Canada without a valid PR card. You can take the government to court to try and secure a new OHIP card but that will likely take some time. Most have to wait 2-3 years to get a new PR card to get a valid/new OHIP card. The other issue is the couple would have to decide whether to sell their home and belongings before trying to return to Canada. If they get reported and do eventually end up losing their PR status then they would have nothing to return to. If they leave everything as is and once they know whether they can remain in Canada they can have a family member return to sell their assets or wait until they eventually get a PR card to return and sell their assets themselves. That could take years. With a PRTD you have the benefit of knowing the outcome before leaving your home country. It is really up to the family to determine what option best suits them. Whether the couple already has a US visa is also big deciding factor.

Reactions: bhavnat

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Entering the US is an option if they already have US visa or want to wait until they can get an appointment with the US embassy to try and secure one. Most offices are only booking 12+ months from now although you can try to get a cancellation. The big issue is that if able to enter Canada without being reported they won’t be able to secure a new and valid health card in Canada without a valid PR card. You can take the government to court to try and secure a new OHIP card but that will likely take some time. Most have to wait 2-3 years to get a new PR card to get a valid/new OHIP card. The other issue is the couple would have to decide whether to sell their home and belongings before trying to return to Canada. If they get reported and do eventually end up losing their PR status then they would have nothing to return to. If they leave everything as is and once they know whether they can remain in Canada they can have a family member return to sell their assets or wait until they eventually get a PR card to return and sell their assets themselves. That could take years. With a PRTD you have the benefit of knowing the outcome before leaving your home country. It is really up to the family to determine what option best suits them. Whether the couple already has a US visa is also big deciding factor.

Thank you, so much, it totally makes sense to go ahead with PRTD, I will give my best try, it is also my mental health, to be honest it is exhausting not knowing procdures, trying to do my best while taking care of them remotely on a regular basis, in addition to my own work, family and personal life challanges...:) I would really hope they understand how it all has such an impact,thank u for listening..

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
If refused, they have a chance to appeal that decision. If not, PR status is revoked. They can then apply for visitor visa. Obviously approval of that may be uncertain.
Thank you, they dont have US visa and PRTD is the way to go....

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Thank you, so much, it totally makes sense to go ahead with PRTD, I will give my best try, it is also my mental health, to be honest it is exhausting not knowing procdures, trying to do my best while taking care of them remotely on a regular basis, in addition to my own work, family and personal life challanges...:) I would really hope they understand how it all has such an impact,thank u for listening..

Happy Holiday, everyone! Hope you all taking time to enjoy the warmth of the season..!

Quick question, someone suggested I should apply for PR renewal, then PRTD, please advise on this, much appreciate!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Happy Holiday, everyone! Hope you all taking time to enjoy the warmth of the season..!

Quick question, someone suggested I should apply for PR renewal, then PRTD, please advise on this, much appreciate!
They can't apply for pr card renewal from outside Canada, so no - not a good suggestion.

Reactions: bhavnat

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Hi everyone:

Quick question, as I have started filling the details, I just realized my father had surgery for prostate in 2020, requiring him to take care of his health for a while...is it okay to include in the reasoning for absence, as I am thinking IRCC may see a potential burden on our health care system, although he is perfectly alright now....your insight is appreciated!

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Hi everyone!

Hope all is well with ya'all.

So finally I have applied for my parents PRTD, this month. on 8th April. When I go on portal, I am unable to view my application, when i click on the button, it just does not allow me, to view, what do youthink is the reason: is it simple a technical glitch OR does it take time after submission for an applicant to view the application? Appreciate your response!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone!

Hope all is well with ya'all.

So finally I have applied for my parents PRTD, this month. on 8th April. When I go on portal, I am unable to view my application, when i click on the button, it just does not allow me, to view, what do youthink is the reason: is it simple a technical glitch OR does it take time after submission for an applicant to view the application? Appreciate your response!
You usually can’t seem that a PRTD has been submitted. Would warn you that a lot of PRTD based on H&C are taking 6-12 months to be processed. You basically just have to wait until someone reviews the file. Due to the strike there will likely be extra delays.

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
thanks canuck78, fkor the insight. I have received an email asking for a document, (my mothers passport all pages), but I emailed them the document, as I am unable to review my application, let alone upload or edit a document. I am hoping thats okay, i called call center here, was asked to call India, so waiting for Monday now...Thank you,