+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents could not fulfil RO, your insight requested...

Besram

Jun 13, 2019
Hey guys, its me again..
While I am still making my decision, another industry person mentioned that, I can abandon the appeal, and appply for Supervisa,
once she is here, I can apply for a new H & C ground based on both siblings are here and that she truly requires to be taken care by the family..

Appreciate if you shed any light on this..and wishing ya all a great day!
I doubt this will work. You can only apply for a supervisa if your parents voluntarily renounce their PR. But once it's voluntarily renounced, I don't see how they could put in an application to basically reinstate PR again. Have never seen a case like this on this forum. But will let others comment.

Reactions: bhavnat

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys, its me again..
While I am still making my decision, another industry person mentioned that, I can abandon the appeal, and appply for Supervisa,
once she is here, I can apply for a new H & C ground based on both siblings are here and that she truly requires to be taken care by the family..

Appreciate if you shed any light on this..and wishing ya all a great day!
That comes with significant risks. Supervisa is not guaranteed especially given that your mother has expressed she wants to move to Canada not visit Canada. She could also fail her medical. PR via H&C is also far from guaranteed for parents. It is impossible to know how her case would be treated because she did already have PR but chose not to meet her RO. Even having all children in Canada does not guarantee PR by H&C. H&C processing times are getting close to 2 years partially because people believe this is an easy way to secure PR for parents and are not willing to wait for PGP or unable parents visit on supervisa. Assume IRCC may need to eventually take action because H&C wait times has gotten extremely long and a large portion of parents wanting to secure PR defeating the quota set by IRCC for parent and grandparent immigration while our healthcare system is in crisis.

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Thanks for the insight, @canuck78, I just did some research while I was waiting to hear from you experts here, she may not pass medical, if she does and even on supervisa insurance, if she is hospitalized for anything, it sure is a risk ..we would rather have her wait there, till the decision made, if it gets too long, i will see the option if we can apply (while on appeal, can she come on a visitor visa not sure.?.) Anyways, I am for sure going ahead with the appeal intention, while searching for the most suitable option, for the same.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the insight, @canuck78, I just did some research while I was waiting to hear from you experts here, she may not pass medical, if she does and even on supervisa insurance, if she is hospitalized for anything, it sure is a risk ..we would rather have her wait there, till the decision made, if it gets too long, i will see the option if we can apply (while on appeal, can she come on a visitor visa not sure.?.) Anyways, I am for sure going ahead with the appeal intention, while searching for the most suitable option, for the same.
This is a public forum so if you want expert opinion I would speak to an immigration lawyer. Sadly some immigration lawyers want you to apply to secure your business so if anyone tells you that applying for PR via H&C is guaranteed or is without risk they are lying to you. If denied the appeal you can try to apply for supervisa. Supervisa health insurance is valid for a year so if you significant healthcare it may be difficult to secure supervisa insurance for the next year. H&C applications are taking around 2 years so there could be a gap in healthcare and if denied H&C could be longer time without healthcare. She can also try for a normal TRV but similar issue of intent to return home after a visit and potentially failing a medical could be an issue. Length of stay is up to 6 months so applying for supervisa would be advisable versus normal TRV.

There seems to be a lot of people trying to secure PR for their parents via H&C because they don’t want to wait for PGP so there could be policy changes since the H&C system is being overwhelmed by many of these applications and healthcare system is in crisis. It is hard to predict immigration policy 2 years in advance.

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
it all make so much sense, yes, I am aware things may not go as per my hope.. and respect the system and whatever is going around the system at the moment, and go accordingly...