+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Krisv

Feb 2, 2022
Here is my family (parents) sponsorship status & timeline, so far.

1. Application submitted via online portal is Nov 9, 2021

2. Received ghost email from cic updated the program & category (it was blank at the time of submission) - Jan 14, 2022

3. Linked application in ircc (gc key) - Feb 01, 2022
(For linking application in gc key used primary applicant first name, last name. Date of birth, passport details, place of visit in canada, no of ppl is 4)

4. Current application status is submitted both in gc and portal - Feb 02, 2022.

5. Received BioMetric request for both parents on Mar 09, 2022.

Hopefully this helps for others.

All the best.

Krisv

Feb 2, 2022

2. Received ghost email from cic updated the program & category (it was blank at the time of submission) - Jan 14, 2022

(For linking application in gc key used primary applicant first name, last name. Date of birth, passport details, place of visit in canada, no of ppl is 4)

4. Current application status is submitted both in gc and portal - Feb 02, 2022.

6. Current application status in gckey is your action is required and permanent resident portal status is submitted - Mar 09, 2022

All the best.

Reactions: kirantejoday

Stars2022

Feb 23, 2022

All the best.
Thanks for sharing.After number 3, you can see FN, right? If so, your application status is completed ( status 10 instead of 7 ( at the background only), it will not reflected on portal). Hopefully I can get ghost email soon..

montrealhoysala

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Doc's Request.
22-01-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Request
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-02-2015 (Passport Sent: 05-02-2015) (Decision Made: 06-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015
LANDED..........
21-02-2015 (already in canada)

All the best.
@Krisv I am trying to link my parents' application in GCKey but unable to do so...How do you arrive at the number of people (e.g. right now we are 3 people in Canada - my spouse, son and I. And I am sponsoring my mum and dad. Does it mean the # of people = 5 or is it only adults (4) or is it only my parents (2)...)? Please help!

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
@Krisv I am trying to link my parents' application in GCKey but unable to do so...How do you arrive at the number of people (e.g. right now we are 3 people in Canada - my spouse, son and I. And I am sponsoring my mum and dad. Does it mean the # of people = 5 or is it only adults (4) or is it only my parents (2)...)? Please help!
use 4 in your case.

Krisv

Feb 2, 2022
My case is 4 i.e. sponsor + co-sponsor + primary applicant + dependents, exclude all children under 18 (think so)

Reactions: montrealhoysala

Sandhun

Aug 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
MISSISSAGA
App. Filed.......
08-11-2021
I received the ghost email over a month ago and I'm still unable to link the GC key. Is it possible that I'd miss any important update or requests such as the medical exam request if I can't link my account to the GC key? Would they still send the request by email if my GC key is not linked?
Did you have both last name and first name of the applicant

Sruraja

Feb 4, 2022
Hi Everyone, i submitted my application on Nov 6 2021, and on feb 3 i got an email saying my application is incomplete and i have to fill additional family information form. We send the documents they requested on feb 10. Now today, again i received an email asking for the same additional family information. not sure what to do . did anyone face this issue? do we have to fill additional family info for the person sponsoring as well? any info will be helpful

CanSpo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018

1. Application submitted via online portal is Oct 14 , 2021

2. Received ghost email from cic for status update - Dec 10 , 2021

3. Linked application in ircc (gc key) - Mar 11, 2022

4. Current application status is in progress.
— Review of eligibility-in progress
-Review of medical results- you do not need
- Biometric- Do not need fingerprint
- background check-We are processing
- final decision- in progress
Both sponsor moved to ON canada on Visitors visa.

Can someone tell me how to inform and what can be the next?

Reactions: RRBP

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019

1. Application submitted via online portal is Oct 14 , 2021

2. Received ghost email from cic for status update - Dec 10 , 2021

3. Linked application in ircc (gc key) - Mar 11, 2022

4. Current application status is in progress.
— Review of eligibility-in progress
-Review of medical results- you do not need
- Biometric- Do not need fingerprint
- background check-We are processing
- final decision- in progress
Both sponsor moved to ON canada on Visitors visa.

Can someone tell me how to inform and what can be the next?
What do you see on F12 method, first name, last name,status id 7 or 10?

Elainelaine

Mar 9, 2022
assume you didn’t get ghost email , so it is almost zero chance to link GC key when application status is submitted. Have you got any response after you filled webform? I applied couple weeks earlier than you, case worker didn’t check my application after couple months assigned. For our 2021 September application, lot of people applied after us have already got sponsorship approved, I will wait for few more weeks and raise a webform to ask, maybe call them too. contact them in both ways.
the call center doesn't really work (i tried), it almost no chance to speak a real agent~i also tried to fill up the webform and ask but still nothing.

Elainelaine

Mar 9, 2022

All the best.
may i please ask which province are you apply for? I submitted on Nov 4 and I am in Ontario.