+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

shahvishal679

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi Everyone, I received an email from IRCC saying I need to fill up form IMM 5476 e - Use of Representative. Anybody received similar request? Any idea who signs section D. Is it me and my wife or my father and mother? Unfortunately I am not able to take a screenshot so pls help.

SECTION D: YOUR DECLARATION
10. Your declaration
• I declare that I have fully and truthfully answered all questions on this form and any attached application (if applicable).
• I also declare that I have read and understood all the statements on this form, having asked and obtained an explanation for every point that was not
clear to me.
Signature of applicant Date (YYYY-MM-DD)
Signature of spouse or common-law partner for sponsorship application Date (YYYY-MM-DD)
Warning! It is a serious offence to give false or misleading information on this form.

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've got my PR application approved and planning to land in this April. Can anyone please explain when I will become eligible to sponsor my parents? From what I understood from the details present in their official website, I need to show 3 years of continuous income proof. Does this still hold true or are there any changes that have been made for this year? Is there any other program that allows us to sponsor so that I need not wait for these many years?

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've got my PR application approved and planning to land in this April. Can anyone please explain when I will become eligible to sponsor my parents? From what I understood from the details present in their official website, I need to show 3 years of continuous income proof. Does this still hold true or are there any changes that have been made for this year? Is there any other program that allows us to sponsor so that I need not wait for these many years?
Yes you have to meet with income requirement for last three years.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hi Everyone, I received an email from IRCC saying I need to fill up form IMM 5476 e - Use of Representative. Anybody received similar request? Any idea who signs section D. Is it me and my wife or my father and mother? Unfortunately I am not able to take a screenshot so pls help.

SECTION D: YOUR DECLARATION
10. Your declaration
• I declare that I have fully and truthfully answered all questions on this form and any attached application (if applicable).
• I also declare that I have read and understood all the statements on this form, having asked and obtained an explanation for every point that was not
clear to me.
Signature of applicant Date (YYYY-MM-DD)
Signature of spouse or common-law partner for sponsorship application Date (YYYY-MM-DD)
Warning! It is a serious offence to give false or misleading information on this form.
section D is for the applicant ,in this case it will be your father and mother
it depends how you filled an application or which email you chose to receive information ,un sequence the agent assumed that you will be receiving the information in this case you need to be assigned as a representative.

Reactions: shahvishal679

sundeep38

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
You need to file Canada taxes for three years with the minimum income.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, that's right. You'll need to wait until you have worked in Canada for three years and meet the minimum income requirement. Then you'll be able to enter the lottery and hope you are selected.

There's no other program through which you can sponsor them. An alternative would be for them to qualify for PR on their own (without your help) through a program like Express Entry or PNP.

They can certainly also apply to visit you (TRV or super visa) while you wait to qualify to sponsor them and wait to be selected.

Reactions: subramani_vs

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
submitted my in-laws application on 19th October. We didn't receive any ghost update or email yet. Is it the case for most of you who applied around October time? Only change that have happened is program and category is showing up since today.
parents applicationFamilyParents/Grandparents2021/10/19 5:08 PM (UTC)SubmittedView

Reactions: sureshcoim

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
You need to file Canada taxes for three years with the minimum income.
if you're a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident. You can't sponsor someone if you're a permanent resident living outside of Canada . I added this to the conversation to reinforce the idea that a permanent resident should be inside the country and in sequence have a three years minimum acceptable income any other exceptions would be related to the status of a Citizen and no one else .

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
Yes, that's right. You'll need to wait until you have worked in Canada for three years and meet the minimum income requirement. Then you'll be able to enter the lottery and hope you are selected.

There's no other program through which you can sponsor them. An alternative would be for them to qualify for PR on their own (without your help) through a program like Express Entry or PNP.

They can certainly also apply to visit you (TRV or super visa) while you wait to qualify to sponsor them and wait to be selected.
Thanks for your detailed reply, that helps

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
This is I am seeing in my PR portal now.
Application nameProgramCategoryDate submittedStatusAction
Parents fileFamilyParents/Grandparents2021/11/24 6:09 PM (UTC)SubmittedView

Before program and category was blanked.

Last edited: