Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Good news for the ones who were able to link the application
Was anyone without the ghost update able to link with GC key?
I have been trying but nothing is working and no ghost update

montrealhoysala

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Doc's Request.
22-01-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Request
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-02-2015 (Passport Sent: 05-02-2015) (Decision Made: 06-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015
LANDED..........
21-02-2015 (already in canada)
Hi All, I just logged into the application portal and it is now showing the program and category which used to be blank before. Are any of you seeing the same?
Yes i am seeing both which were blank previously!

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Please help
MY dad(PA and my mother dependent) received automatic email notification at his email address that there is an update in online portal
When he went to online portal his application is return and form 5406 was showing incomplete state

I also received an email at my email address having an attached PDF saying 5406 form is incomplete

Now I am confuse and please help in following questions

I am not sure what was missing in 5406.
Originally when my Dad submitted the form they had created 2 entry one for himself and one for my mother.
Can anybody please share , what got wrong in their situation or what did they updated , if they got same form issue

They have send email to my email address with attached PDF and asked me to submit the form and send them via email.
So should i send them email from my email address or should my dad send the email with new filled form ?

What should i do about online return application

Please please help

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Please help
MY dad(PA and my mother dependent) received automatic email notification at his email address that there is an update in online portal
When he went to online portal his application is return and form 5406 was showing incomplete state

I also received an email at my email address having an attached PDF saying 5406 form is incomplete

Now I am confuse and please help in following questions

I am not sure what was missing in 5406.
Originally when my Dad submitted the form they had created 2 entry one for himself and one for my mother.
Can anybody please share , what got wrong in their situation or what did they updated , if they got same form issue

They have send email to my email address with attached PDF and asked me to submit the form and send them via email.
So should i send them email from my email address or should my dad send the email with new filled form ?

What should i do about online return application

Please please help
When did you submit the application?
Did you include full addresses for each of the members included in the form? Or just city and country?

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
When did you submit the application?
Did you include full addresses for each of the members included in the form? Or just city and country?
So there were two forms One for my mother and one for my father
and each form i have provided full address all my Uncle/grandparents. Only when any of my uncle is deceased then . just provided the City, country and Date of Death
email address were missing for sure for all my Uncle/grandparents ?

Did you received the email on 5406 too ?

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
So there were two forms One for my mother and one for my father
and each form i have provided full address all my Uncle/grandparents. Only when any of my uncle is deceased then . just provided the City, country and Date of Death
email address were missing for sure for all my Uncle/grandparents ?

Did you received the email on 5406 too ?
Nope, I haven’t got any update yet. But I read some posts where they included only city and country and it was returned. This form seems complicated. But if you scroll up few pages, you will see some members resubmitted this form. They might be able to give you better insights.

I also did not include email addresses for all and left those blank.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bimpsy_7

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
the private insurance ( related to your work insurance ) doesnt cover any independant beyond 25 years so no, you can get the regular medical coverage and you cannot right off a thing remember that the undertaking ,when it comes to your sponsorship is very clear that you are fully responsible about your parents so make sure not to seek any welfare or aid from the government cause if they get you need to pay it back .
getting aid and getting Credit in CRA is too different thing. Once they are here you should look at that time whether you can get some credit based on caregiver.

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Is there anyone who applied after 20 Nov and got an update email?
Applied 25th Nov, nothing yet.

On another front though, I had applied for my mother's Super Visa on Oct 2020, which they froze until Nov 2021. Once they picked it up though they processed it in 2 months. The application was from Pakistan which are typically processed in UAE. But interestingly this time it was processed in Poland. What I'm hoping for is that it means they've shuffled things around to process cases faster..

Raj_singh_s

Jan 25, 2022
Can anybody answer this please, I have applied for my parents PR already but I am now married ,if I update my status, is CIC going to check my past income based on this or I have to maintain the MNI in future only, please provide me any official link for this information if anybody knows, thanks

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Can anybody answer this please, I have applied for my parents PR already but I am now married ,if I update my status, is CIC going to check my past income based on this or I have to maintain the MNI in future only, please provide me any official link for this information if anybody knows, thanks
I tried finding out information regarding this but no hard rock information to maintain MNI. They say they might go and reassess that income but didn’t mention it if you have already applied and your application half way through what would happen at that time. I would love to hear from person who have personally experienced this then only we can be assured about this.