+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

PGP2021Visa

Nov 5, 2021
when i first entered the lottery, i put 3 people being sponsored, but now im only doing 2 since i found that i cannot sponsor my brother since he does not qualify as dependant since over 22. Do i need to write any letter to explain? or should they be ok with it.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Last edited:

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Hi, i tried searching for the question in case it was asked before but didnt have luck with the exact question.

I understand scans of passport need to be all pages. If the principal applicant and dependents had new passports recently. Do we have to give scans of previous passports? If so, how far into the past 10 years worth of passports?

Thanks in advance

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Questions regarding IMM5768e:

What should I be mentioning under current undertakings?
What should I be mentioning under Previous undertakings?

I never have sponsored anyone, and also under point #9: What should I enter? Should I enter my parents details or not (does it consider not yet in effect)
Details of your family members and persons included in undertakings in effect or not yet in effect signed by you and if applicable, your cosigner.

Please help!

e1emental

Oct 28, 2019
I'm submitting application for my parents but I'm not sure whether to include my partner as co-signers.
We do not have a marriage certificate and won't be able to get it till next year(might take longer because travel to India might not happen). Not sure they'll accept another proof. My own income is sufficient but we still have to provide a letter of explanation if partner is not a co signer.
Is it a red flag for CIC if partner is not a co signer?

Thanks for your help

Last edited:

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
I'm submitting application for my parents but I'm not sure whether to include my partner as co-signers.
We do not have a marriage certificate and won't be able to get it till next year(might take longer because travel to India might not happen). Not sure they'll accept another proof. My own income is sufficient but we still have to provide a letter of explanation if partner is not a co signer.
Is it a red flag for CIC if partner is not a co signer?
Do you alone have the income requirement for the past 3 years?

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi There

Including my co-signer (My wife) I am responsible for 4 people. (Me, My Wife, and my parents) - Total 4.

so the income requirement is
2020-
$48,167
2019-
$61,209
2018-
$60,271

Does this income include mine and my wife's? or just mine. Cause my family income(my sal and my wife's sal) meet this requirment but not me alone.

Please help answering this question.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi There

Including my co-signer (My wife) I am responsible for 4 people. (Me, My Wife, and my parents) - Total 4.

so the income requirement is
2020-
$48,167
2019-
$61,209
2018-
$60,271

Does this income include mine and my wife's? or just mine. Cause my family income(my sal and my wife's sal) meet this requirment but not me alone.

Please help answering this question.
You have to include your wife in the count regardless of whether she is a co-signer or not.

The income requirements can be either met by you alone - or by you and your wife together if she is a co-signer.

ApplicantCND

Jan 24, 2019
Cambridge
Category........
When you have a certified translation of a government issued record, do you upload the record under "Identity and Civil Status" section and then upload the translation document separately to the "Translation and Affidavit" section?

e1emental

Oct 28, 2019
Another question, do the passport copies have to be certified? And should all empty pages be scanned too?
Since they'll be asking for original passport submission at a later time anyway, I was wondering if they need to be certified.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Another question, do the passport copies have to be certified? And should all empty pages be scanned too?
Since they'll be asking for original passport submission at a later time anyway, I was wondering if they need to be certified.
Nothing they are asking needs certifying

PGP2021Visa

Nov 5, 2021
Hi.
From IMM 5669 is to be completed electronically in the IRCC portal, not a downloaded pdf like some other forms. When you are through with it, the principal applicant will see a box where she will type her full name. That is the digital signature required. no signature of the dependent is required, only the form completion.

Hope this helps
This form says to write the names in you native language as well. How can we write in Native language online?