+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Sorry, I've only just started working on the forms. Where does it say you need more than just the first 2 pages of the passports? Thanks.
You can see it in the application guide. All pages are needed for the people that are being sponsored.

This is the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#mail

“Copies of passports for people being sponsored should include all the pages”

Last edited:

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Apr 19, 2017
Hi People,
I am filling up " Schedule A" and My mother and Father don't remember their Mother and Father's Date of Birth and one of them don't remember the date of decease. Can we fill in approximate dates ?
Does anyone else have such a scenario ? Please suggest what do you think I should do in this case ? how do they plan to validate these dates ?
What did you end up doing? I am in similar situation. Thanks !

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
What did you end up doing? I am in similar situation. Thanks !
This is from the application guide

If you don’t know a family member’s complete date of birth, use “01” in place of the day, month or year you don’t know. Include a letter of explanation saying why you couldn’t include the complete date

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Anyone writing Sponsors Invitation letter. What to include in that.
I don’t think you need to write an invitation letter( unlike the visitor visa). You need to include the invitation letter that you have got from IRCC and other forms and documents mentioned in the checklist

Reactions: YVR123

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi all, can someone help me out.
i'm looking to sponsor my 2 siblings and parents. one of my sibling is 23, but he was and still is dependent financially to my father. ICRC says, if child 22 or over, must be dependent financially AND have mental or physical condition. Does this mean that my brother has be financially dependant and is either mentally sick or physically disabled and cannot work due to that ? He has been studying continuously. Please help if anyone know.
Your 23 year old sibling is not a dependant and is not included in your application. Examples are those with disabilities who cannot work/study and rely on parental support.

your_pankaj

Sep 14, 2014
Hi,
I got invitation to apply for my parents PR.
I do not have proper birth certificate.
However, I have my Indian passport, canadian PR, school documents etc with birth date
My mother name appear on my passport as my mother
So, my question is, will my passport and other documents acceptable as birth date proof with passport as proof of relationship with my mother?

Thanks
Hi dreamcanada1
I just saw your question in the forum. I am also in the same boat. I don't have any relationship proof with my mother than her name on my passport.
Are you able to find out some solution for this. Its a critical document and I am stuck here. Please advice

Mustflo

Apr 15, 2013
Hi,
I received the portal link from IRCC asking my parents to create an account, then my representative can submit application on my behalf, but in the same email, a username and temporary password are given. I tried to sign in with them, but not working. When I was trying to create an account with the user name give in the email, it’s shown the account with the username is already exist. Then I clicked forgot password, trying to reset it, but never received any verification code. I’m starting a new application, so how can I sign in the portal? Thanks.
Hi there,

I am facing the same issue. What did you do? I raised a webform and replied to the link. But have not got a proper response yet. Please let me know if we're able to find a solution.

Thanks

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Question: What exactly do they want for Section D: Personal History in imm5669 Schedule A Background Declaration??

'Personal History for the past 10 years' was vague enough, and then the checklist says if someone was retired for this period then they need the history since the age of 18. My father is 71, retired for the past 10 years. His personal activity is basically his whole lifetime between 18 and now :rolleyes:. I've already provided a separate resume since the start of his career which contains education and professional timelines. Education itself is already asked for in imm5669 separately, and a separate travel history is also been attached. So what goes in Personal History?

I'm surprised this is not a more common question/frustration on this thread. Any clarity is much appreciated!

Last edited:

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
For the Biometric fee, do we need to pay for it if they have a valid biometric? Both my parents did their biometric while applying for the visitor visa and it is valid until 2029. Please let me know if I still need to pay for it again ?
It’s on IRCC website, they are exempting people that had already given biometrics due to covid

prosanjitpaul

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
I am making my spouse co-sign the application but on IMM 1344 every time I save his contact details under Canada - Cellular I am getting an error ?
Co-signer contact Information
1: Telephone number ( Country code )

The correct format is : Must be numeric and must not start with 11

Is there any way to rectify this ?
I had same problem, and cross check several time, number was correct. Then I validate the form and its validated. So you try on validation, if validated then its fine.

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question, if I scan the photo and get it in pdf how are they going to measure if its accordance to actual size. Although the pic I got is of size 50x70mm size but with pdf how will they check it.