+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Melissa91

Nov 2, 2021
I am making my spouse co-sign the application but on IMM 1344 every time I save his contact details under Canada - Cellular I am getting an error ?
Co-signer contact Information
1: Telephone number ( Country code )

The correct format is : Must be numeric and must not start with 11

Is there any way to rectify this ?

songcry07

Nov 3, 2021
Hello,

My dad (biological dad for me and my brother) passed away last year and mom (biological mom for me but step for my brother) is left alone in the other country, so we've decided to bring our mom over here.
At that time, I couldn't meet the income requirement, so my half-brother applied for the interest in sponsorship in 2020.

We just found out that we got invited for 2021 application but also hearing that a step-parent can't be sponsored.
I wish to know if there's any exception clause that can be applied to our situation and allow us to proceed.

Now I'm eligible to meet the income requirement starting 2018 tax year, which applies to 2021 application, so I'm having very mixed feelings about this current situation..

I can't get connected to Immigration Canada contact centre so I'm asking here for any insights.
Thank you in advance for the help!

Last edited:

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm filling these forms and Im super confused. I know people have said not to include any family members that are not dependents but the forms also clearly state to include ALL family members above 18.

For schedule A and additional family information, my parents have no qualifying dependents as all my siblings are older. Do i feel this form for just my dad and mum then?
This is the definition of family members for the principal applicant. If your parents don’t have any dependent then you need to fill the forms only for your mom and dad

Family members
Your (the principal applicant’s) family members include your spouse (even if separated) or common-law partner, your or your spouse or partner’s dependent children and any children that are their dependent children.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm filling these forms and Im super confused. I know people have said not to include any family members that are not dependents but the forms also clearly state to include ALL family members above 18.

For schedule A and additional family information, my parents have no qualifying dependents as all my siblings are older. Do i feel this form for just my dad and mum then?
You can take our advice or not.

The conditions are in an "AND" clause... if you know what I mean.

They only want forms to be filled for PA, PA's spouse/common law partner/dependents (under 22, single)
These are family members of PA. (sorry you are not... under immigration terminology) AND so include family members above 18. They do not want the schedule A for a 1 year old baby.....

SoSaPB

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Hi,

For passport...
Do we really need to submit blank pages as well, there may be 50 or 60 pages to scan then? I there an issue if we dont include the blank ones?

Andrea90970

Oct 18, 2021
Hi there,
I am wondering if anyone submitted the pgp application this month and received any kind of follow up email from IRCC for missing form/document/signature?

Reactions: alan123999

itralala

Aug 21, 2020
I am making my spouse co-sign the application but on IMM 1344 every time I save his contact details under Canada - Cellular I am getting an error ?
Co-signer contact Information
1: Telephone number ( Country code )

The correct format is : Must be numeric and must not start with 11

Is there any way to rectify this ?
I had the same issue, even though everything looks correct. Form was successfully validated anyway, so I left it as is. Hope someone can shine some light.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Tanrose

Sep 13, 2019
Hi,
I submitted my parents application on oct 24. I uploaded only the stamped pages of their passports, not all the pages. I realized now that it should be all the pages even the blank ones. what i should do now? please help

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Reactions: Bimpsy_7