Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
I am happy for people who received the invitation but when I see some of them asking questions about them not meeting the minimum requirements, I feel this whole process is unfair. Shouldn't the basic requirements to apply for sponsorship checked by online tool before submitting an interest to sponsor? This system definitely needs some refinement. :|
Agree
System should ask 2018/2019/2020 Income and based on that proceed to next page .
Any person who got selected in Lottery must match with the amount (Line 150) value what S/he decelerated else hefty penalty something $10K +

It will control these fake people till great extent

Reactions: Naytov

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Agree
System should ask 2018/2019/2020 Income and based on that proceed to next page .
Any person who got selected in Lottery must match with the amount (Line 150) value what S/he decelerated else hefty penalty something $10K +

It will control these fake people till great extent
To be realistic, only $500 deposit will also stop those ones who are submitting EOI for fun

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
You might not like it but is your friend dumb miscalculating income. I hope he is not but seems he did submit EOI for fun or for some dead hope. As far as your question is concerned there is no future implications but I wish if IRCCC make some rule to stop people submitting EOI just for fun. Because of your friend someone else's legitimate, spot is wasted.
I do understand and thanks for your answer, but I think if you are going to answer, you gotta do it politely and do not pretend to be smart as. This is an opened forum and calling someone a dumb just because they missed something I don't think is the right thing to do. Whenever people send me PMs here I do not believe they are experts and do not treat people in such a way that will diminish them. I do agree there should be a rule or flagging signal that adverts people to be careful when submitting their EOI. I don't think my friend is a dumb he just missed some small amounts or took a wrong lico but that was it. So with that said, I thank you again for your answer...

• Haha
Reactions: nayr69sg

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Any idea when 2022 lottery will open ?
No one knows, but some basic facts are

Prior to 2020,
  1. IRCC used to communicate updates normally on January of every year, open EoI on first quatar and invite to apply on the same year. (long long ago, they would ask us to send paper based application on or after Jan 1 and compete with each other for FIFO race)
  2. IRCC used to ask or require income that were already earned, but not the future earnings. Note: on 2020 submission of EoI was based on our expected income, i.e., we were asked to submit EoI if we expect on October that we will earn enough for the year 2020
Last but not least, per year intake of PGP will be ~20K as of now till 2023, based on IRCC's 2020-23 immigration plan.

Reactions: CEC_1304
May 10, 2014
I received my invitation on 1st of October, I havent yet started my application just starting it now, I just wanted I have profile created for my mother but how to start with the application?
Do we need to get reference number from come to canada tool?

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
I received my invitation on 1st of October, I havent yet started my application just starting it now, I just wanted I have profile created for my mother but how to start with the application?
Do we need to get reference number from come to canada tool?
You can find the link to the Permanent Residence online portal in the Invitation Letter. There the Principal Applicant should create an account and upload the forms.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
No one knows, but some basic facts are

Prior to 2020,
  1. IRCC used to communicate updates normally on January of every year, open EoI on first quatar and invite to apply on the same year. (long long ago, they would ask us to send paper based application on or after Jan 1 and compete with each other for FIFO race)
  2. IRCC used to ask or require income that were already earned, but not the future earnings. Note: on 2020 submission of EoI was based on our expected income, i.e., we were asked to submit EoI if we expect on October that we will earn enough for the year 2020
Last but not least, per year intake of PGP will be ~20K as of now till 2023, based on IRCC's 2020-23 immigration plan.
Thanks for detail Info :)

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hello Everyone, this is not actually for me but a friend of mine has been invited but he miscalculated their income for the previous years and now are in doubt as to whether they can apply or not but if they do not apply what implications. Will it cause a problem in the future if they submit the intention to sponsor their parents?...I was actually thinking on helping them out but went through all the requirements and nobody else except spouse/legal partner can co-sign. So please if someone has any experience that can help I will really appreciate it...
From what I understand, there is actually no penalty at all in applying even if you do not meet the requirements. But if you do not meet the requirements, you will be refused and application will be rejected and returned.

I guess it is the same as submitting the ITA to take part in the lottery. No penalties. So worth giving it a shot anyways?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
From what I understand, there is actually no penalty at all in applying even if you do not meet the requirements. But if you do not meet the requirements, you will be refused and application will be rejected and returned.

I guess it is the same as submitting the ITA to take part in the lottery. No penalties. So worth giving it a shot anyways?
I think you lose part of the fees. The full fees aren't refunded.

• Wow
Reactions: nayr69sg

Sensible

Oct 5, 2021
If a country, a government favored by the people, should have principles for the people, it is necessary to have a reasonable order. The previous methods, albeit flawed, had a somewhat sense of order. We reject this chaotic lottery method. This is a game, our parents are people, not objects to play, hurt our feelings, indefinitely delay or prevent our family reunion! Since the government wants to give some people a chance to play the lottery, why not give other people other options, for those who don't want to play this game? For example, waiting in line, or paying more to reduce the burden on the government, why not?

We refuse to play games, refuse to play with our parents who are older year by year...
Our parents have been in the lottery for 7 years! We really don’t understand why this lousy lottery is playing the destiny of our family! Time after time, loss and emotional hurt, why is it so difficult for our family to reunite? Isn't 7 years enough? This is not fair!

If the government sincerely cares about each of our families, please stop playing games! Please take the future of each family seriously. This is also our country’s reputation! Freedom, fairness and reasonableness, giving us a correct way and more choices, it isn't to force every family to participate in this gambling game and let a stupid game decide our lives! Where are our freedoms, our rights? We refuse to play, this is our life and family....because a country and it's government should be responsible and do what's right for it's people, rather than gamble with family's lives, with lottery games that determine the outcome!

Who of you are in the same boat and feel the same way we do? We need to get together and let the government hear our family voice, if they really care about family!
I am in total agreement with you

Reactions: Rick K

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hello Everyone, this is not actually for me but a friend of mine has been invited but he miscalculated their income for the previous years and now are in doubt as to whether they can apply or not but if they do not apply what implications. Will it cause a problem in the future if they submit the intention to sponsor their parents?...I was actually thinking on helping them out but went through all the requirements and nobody else except spouse/legal partner can co-sign. So please if someone has any experience that can help I will really appreciate it...
It would have been nice to you, your friend and other eligible sons/daughters if you and your friend asked this question before submitting EoI. Now he has already submitted the EoI, gotten an invitation and potentially wasted a spot (which would have potentially used by an eligible one), why not taking a chance and applying for PR. Its worth taking the risk, in the worst case you loose some $$ and time, given the possible outcome is being with parents. I hope you understood what I am actually trying to say.

I do understand and thanks for your answer, but I think if you are going to answer, you gotta do it politely and do not pretend to be smart as. This is an opened forum and calling someone a dumb just because they missed something I don't think is the right thing to do. Whenever people send me PMs here I do not believe they are experts and do not treat people in such a way that will diminish them. I do agree there should be a rule or flagging signal that adverts people to be careful when submitting their EOI. I don't think my friend is a dumb he just missed some small amounts or took a wrong lico but that was it. So with that said, I thank you again for your answer...
A couple of "may be frustrated" sentences from eligible people from whom your friend potentially snatch a spot seems to be impolite to you. Now imagine how impolite your friend is, who submitted EoI knowing he might not eligible, and not even sparing his 5 mins reading the eligibility. which is easily available online for free. Sometime it hurts to know the reality, specially you are at the wrong side.