+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
This is a query about my birth certificate. I received invitation to apply for parents pr. I remember when I applied for my pnp in past I think birth certificate was asked but I didn’t submit it instead a letter of explanation that the hospital where I was born is not there and I don’t remember what I submitted then as a proof. It’s almost 5 yrs that I applied for my pnp. So can I submit letter of explanation requesting them to accept my passport as my linkage to my parents?Any ideas what should I do. Thanks in advance.

miss_jc

Jun 11, 2013
Hello,

I am unable to find any answer to my question on the guide. I would highly appreciate any ones help.
I am trying to sponsor my mother and brother (minor) and NOT including my dad (I know he is still going to be part of the # for the income requirements) Anyway my only question is, I am not sure if I should fill out form 5669 for him, instruction only says "You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents " unlike Form 5406 it clearly states " Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not)"

Hope I explained that clearly.

Thank you so much!

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hello Guys,

This is getting worse now, We have to unite and convince IRCC to clear the pool and accept all the applicants who meet income requirements.

whats your thought?
I wish they (IRCC) hear us.
I don't like Lottery system at all
Better IRCC ask for higher fees , I would love to pay that and ready to sponsor and bring my parents ,
They are old can't stay alone , They need physical and mental support

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
This is a query about my birth certificate. I received invitation to apply for parents pr. I remember when I applied for my pnp in past I think birth certificate was asked but I didn’t submit it instead a letter of explanation that the hospital where I was born is not there and I don’t remember what I submitted then as a proof. It’s almost 5 yrs that I applied for my pnp. So can I submit letter of explanation requesting them to accept my passport as my linkage to my parents?Any ideas what should I do. Thanks in advance.
Yes explanation letter should work in case you don't have Birth certificate.
I am not sure where in passport parent names are mentioned . I don't have,
you have Canadian Passport?

Isha007

Apr 17, 2017
Hi All,
Request you to please suggest something-
I applied for my parents Supervisa on Dec 2020 provided upfront medical.
Biometrics done Feb, 2021. Biometrics updated May 2021.
Medical Passed- May 2021 for mother, Medical under review for father.
No update after since May 2021.

Could you please suggest what we could do to get faster processing of the application.
Especially for my mother as she is distressed since she has not met us in last 2 years, so we need her to visit us on an urgent basis.
Request you to please suggest if I should re-apply Supervisa application like everyone suggesting on forum or simply wait or contact cic. I tried to send webforms but received generic reply.

ta779

Jul 9, 2015
You have to fill form 5669 for your dad. Also, make sure he is not part of the invitation you received from IRCC. You cannot just change who you are sponsoring after receiving the invitation.

Hello,

I am unable to find any answer to my question on the guide. I would highly appreciate any ones help.
I am trying to sponsor my mother and brother (minor) and NOT including my dad (I know he is still going to be part of the # for the income requirements) Anyway my only question is, I am not sure if I should fill out form 5669 for him, instruction only says "You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents " unlike Form 5406 it clearly states " Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not)"

Hope I explained that clearly.

Thank you so much!

Sep 24, 2021
I wish they (IRCC) hear us.
I don't like Lottery system at all
Better IRCC ask for higher fees , I would love to pay that and ready to sponsor and bring my parents ,
They are old can't stay alone , They need physical and mental support
Totally agree with you, this government need stop play lottery for the our parents! years and years, our parents have been in the lottery pool for 7 years, heart broken every year! Stop play gambling, we don’t want to play gambling anymore, they should hear our voices, we need to unite together!!!!!!!!

Sep 24, 2021
If a country, a government favored by the people, should have principles for the people, it is necessary to have a reasonable order. The previous methods, albeit flawed, had a somewhat sense of order. We reject this chaotic lottery method. This is a game, our parents are people, not objects to play, hurt our feelings, indefinitely delay or prevent our family reunion! Since the government wants to give some people a chance to play the lottery, why not give other people other options, for those who don't want to play this game? For example, waiting in line, or paying more to reduce the burden on the government, why not?

We refuse to play games, refuse to play with our parents who are older year by year...
Our parents have been in the lottery for 7 years! We really don’t understand why this lousy lottery is playing the destiny of our family! Time after time, loss and emotional hurt, why is it so difficult for our family to reunite? Isn't 7 years enough? This is not fair!

If the government sincerely cares about each of our families, please stop playing games! Please take the future of each family seriously. This is also our country’s reputation! Freedom, fairness and reasonableness, giving us a correct way and more choices, it isn't to force every family to participate in this gambling game and let a stupid game decide our lives! Where are our freedoms, our rights? We refuse to play, this is our life and family....because a country and it's government should be responsible and do what's right for it's people, rather than gamble with family's lives, with lottery games that determine the outcome!

Who of you are in the same boat and feel the same way we do? We need to get together and let this government hear our family voice, if they really care about family! Stop the gambling game for family!!!! Please join us fighting for our parents!!!

Sidsmt

Star Member
Jul 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If a country, a government favored by the people, should have principles for the people, it is necessary to have a reasonable order. The previous methods, albeit flawed, had a somewhat sense of order. We reject this chaotic lottery method. This is a game, our parents are people, not objects to play, hurt our feelings, indefinitely delay or prevent our family reunion! Since the government wants to give some people a chance to play the lottery, why not give other people other options, for those who don't want to play this game? For example, waiting in line, or paying more to reduce the burden on the government, why not?

We refuse to play games, refuse to play with our parents who are older year by year...
Our parents have been in the lottery for 7 years! We really don’t understand why this lousy lottery is playing the destiny of our family! Time after time, loss and emotional hurt, why is it so difficult for our family to reunite? Isn't 7 years enough? This is not fair!

If the government sincerely cares about each of our families, please stop playing games! Please take the future of each family seriously. This is also our country’s reputation! Freedom, fairness and reasonableness, giving us a correct way and more choices, it isn't to force every family to participate in this gambling game and let a stupid game decide our lives! Where are our freedoms, our rights? We refuse to play, this is our life and family....because a country and it's government should be responsible and do what's right for it's people, rather than gamble with family's lives, with lottery games that determine the outcome!

Who of you are in the same boat and feel the same way we do? We need to get together and let this government hear our family voice, if they really care about family! Stop the gambling game for family!!!! Please join us fighting for our parents!!!
100% Agree with you, We have to win our parents in lottery, So disappointed. With due respect, Canada has a funding for other immigration classes but no care for our parents who can work and contribute to the economy!

Sidsmt

Star Member
Jul 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

please let me know if anyone taking any legal advise or has any plan further?
I am mentally exhausted, These two weeks I could not concentrate on anything.
I really need to get out of it so that I can live with my parents a normal life!

Sep 24, 2021
sign a petition or something for the government to hear....... join this...do not die down.....create a platform....no other option.
Anyone that’s interested in joining a group to try and make our voices heard, go to page 89 and click on the spreadsheet link. Doing nothing is not an option, we owe it to our parents.

Reactions: lundir8

miss_jc

Jun 11, 2013
You have to fill form 5669 for your dad. Also, make sure he is not part of the invitation you received from IRCC. You cannot just change who you are sponsoring after receiving the invitation.
Thank you! Yes I did not include him in the application when I applied to sponsor.