+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
You are taking me back with that story. It was a complete sh*t show and unfair to many as you've said.

I remember the detailed threads of people watching to see which couriers were in the line first when the doors opened to accept applications and which ones hadn't even arrived at the IRCC offices yet. That was one big mess. And some people spent an obnoxious amount of money on couriers / airfare / etc. only to have their applications fail to make the cap.

I actually think the lottery system could be made to work. I just don't think IRCC has implemented it in the right way.

Anyway - I wish everyone luck. Crappy situation. Even more so with COVID and travel being so much more difficult.
To be honest, I prefer lottery than FIFO (this my own opinion based on experience we have with both the system). Moreover, this time I was very hopeful, more than before because of 10K+40K, that my wife would get invitation. With that high expectations, we even have everything ready from documents, forms and even online portal ready. Positive thing is we have not told our F&MIL that we have submitted EOI, based on my previous experience that it would create some kind of expectation to them. and results in only disappointment to them.

Reactions: YVR123

simmi06

Oct 5, 2021
Hello All,

Request you all to kindly share your advise. We are all siblings here with PR status and have been trying the sponsorship for our single parent(mother) since 2019. She is on Super visa and staying with us. We have been trying since three years but not received the invitation. She cannot stay alone in back home. Kindly help advise and guide in our case.

Thank you

punjabiguy

Feb 10, 2015
It’s been 7-8 days waiting silently on this page …this lottery system is just crap and plz plzzz plzzz tweet immigration minister and his press secretary alexander Cohen about how unfair is this …. Here from long trying from long bullshit

punjabiguy

Feb 10, 2015
It’s been 7-8 days waiting silently on this page …this lottery system is just crap and plz plzzz plzzz tweet immigration minister and his press secretary alexander Cohen about how unfair is this …. Here from long trying from long bullshit here are their Twitter accounts
@marcomendicino and @alexanderecohen

Reactions: lundir8

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
So finally it’s over, I don’t think so they will accept new interest of forms for next draw, invitations will be sent from same pool.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

Request you all to kindly share your advise. We are all siblings here with PR status and have been trying the sponsorship for our single parent(mother) since 2019. She is on Super visa and staying with us. We have been trying since three years but not received the invitation. She cannot stay alone in back home. Kindly help advise and guide in our case.

Thank you
Extend as long as you can and then pay for a caregiver when she goes home.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
To be honest, I prefer lottery than FIFO (this my own opinion based on experience we have with both the system). Moreover, this time I was very hopeful, more than before because of 10K+40K, that my wife would get invitation. With that high expectations, we even have everything ready from documents, forms and even online portal ready. Positive thing is we have not told our F&MIL that we have submitted EOI, based on my previous experience that it would create some kind of expectation to them. and results in only disappointment to them.
Agree. We asked if she would consider moving in the future. And once she agreed, we didn't tell her about the actual application until we got picked in the lottery.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Totally agree. They just play a game. They don’t respect their citizens.
Think there needs to be more clarification that parent sponsorship is not guaranteed so people can make a choice about whether immigration to Canada is what they want if they can’t bring their parents. Canada has an ageing population and that is one of the reason Canada welcomes a large number of immigrants. It isn’t a benevolent program both parties benefit but guaranteeing that every pone can sponsor their parent will just add to the ageing population and lack of healthcare resources. There is a reason that parent sponsorship with full access to services (except welfare) is not offered by most countries.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
3 months, and 2020 they dragged till year end :confused: :confused: :confused:
They had make the announcement before the election. Had there not been an election they likely would have delayed until the next year. They didn’t even do another EOI so they could do the draw with minimal work and as fast as possible.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Agree. We asked if she would consider moving in the future. And once she agreed, we didn't tell her about the actual application until we got picked in the lottery.
Exactly, we did the same. They do visit us regularly, though they never said explicitly to us, we understand their sentiments they would like to spend their entire 65+ yrs life with their child (or more with kids), wherever its possible. They are in their mid to late 50’s and we have promised we would do anything, to be with them when they are at that age. I and my partner learned how important it is to be with parents, when my mom passed away without us being around. Moreover, the entire covid has made us realized we are being bit selfish (thinking about our careers and kids only but not them)

On the positive note, I am extremely happy with IRCC/govt, finally they introduced online portal for PGP. With my experience of applying student visa, trv, super visa, off-campus and post-graduate work permit, PR via CEC (rejected)&FSW, spouse sponsorship, citizenship, and many other that I might have forgot; the online portal for PGP application is by far the most simplest and straight forward. If you have all info (names, dates, etc) and documents ready it can be complete in a single day. Literally it took me Sunday afternoon to finished everything (though we are not lucky to submit it)

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
If a country, a government favored by the people, should have principles for the people, it is necessary to have a reasonable order. The previous methods, albeit flawed, had a somewhat sense of order. We reject this chaotic lottery method. This is a game, our parents are people, not objects to play, hurt our feelings, indefinitely delay or prevent our family reunion! Since the government wants to give some people a chance to play the lottery, why not give other people other options, for those who don't want to play this game? For example, waiting in line, or paying more to reduce the burden on the government, why not?

We refuse to play games, refuse to play with our parents who are older year by year...
Our parents have been in the lottery for 7 years! We really don’t understand why this lousy lottery is playing the destiny of our family! Time after time, loss and emotional hurt, why is it so difficult for our family to reunite? Isn't 7 years enough? This is not fair!

If the government sincerely cares about each of our families, please stop playing games! Please take the future of each family seriously. This is also our country’s reputation! Freedom, fairness and reasonableness, giving us a correct way and more choices, it isn't to force every family to participate in this gambling game and let a stupid game decide our lives! Where are our freedoms, our rights? We refuse to play, this is our life and family....because a country and it's government should be responsible and do what's right for it's people, rather than gamble with family's lives, with lottery games that determine the outcome!

Who of you are in the same boat and feel the same way we do? We need to get together and let the government hear our family voice, if they really care about family!
AGREE One Hundered %

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
One of the reasons why the government switched to the lottery system from FIFO (first in, first out) was because people were screaming that the FIFO process was so unfair and a complete disaster. In fact, there was a huge petition started by people on this very forum specifically asking to switch to a lottery system and that petition was sent to the government. So technically the government / IRCC did in fact listen to the public when they introduced the lottery. Many people on this forum wanted this and asked for it.

The parent / grandparent sponsorship process that existed previously (where there was no cap on applications and people just waited in queue) had a 10+ year processing time. People thought this was a disaster too. It took far too long to bring parents here. Many parents tragically passed away before their applications were ever processed or developed medical conditions which then made them inadmissible. People created huge petitions to change that too and hence the cap was introduced.

I don't know what the right answer is. Unfortunately parent sponsorship isn't a right. However that doesn't mean you shouldn't lobby your MP for what you think is the best possible solution.
I Do not agree.
When you can bring(let the migrate) smart Brains, young brains, rich brains, wealthy brains to Canada, Why not let their Emotional support come with it. Its a part and parcel of life. Cant have Roses without thorns.
If IRCC keep doing like this regarding Parents' Migration, Canada gonna have a Brain Drain.

Sidsmt

Star Member
Jul 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

This is getting worse now, We have to unite and convince IRCC to clear the pool and accept all the applicants who meet income requirements.

whats your thought?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I Do not agree.
When you can bring(let the migrate) smart Brains, young brains, rich brains, wealthy brains to Canada, Why not let their Emotional support come with it. Its a part and parcel of life. Cant have Roses without thorns.
If IRCC keep doing like this regarding Parents' Migration, Canada gonna have a Brain Drain.
Your point is valid if we were to assume that Canada (Canadian govt) brought us here. In fact, my take on this is.. people like me (an economic immigrant) choose by our consensus to immigrate to Canada (amongst many countries). For me acceptance of my desire to immigrate here is the package that I received, family sponsorship is a value added package, which is definitely not the obligation of the govt.

Again, accept the reality. Govt (any political party) has no interest to look after what makes us happy, specially people like us who wish to bring our parents and grandparents are not that much for them to take us seriously as their vote bank.