waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Still waiting

Sep 24, 2018
Anyone have an idea for a situation like mine? Please help
Hi, I'm in similar situation like you. I'm separated from my spouse. You should include your spouse in the family size. I saw this in application guide 5772 from CIC site:

Step 1. How many people are in your family (including how many you sponsored before)?

Include

Reactions: Chu2017 and YVR123
Sep 24, 2018
Hi guys - I am a Canadian Citizen studying outside of Canada for 12 months (full-time post-secondary education). I got an invitation to apply for parents' PR. I met all the financial requirements for the past 6 years and own a house in Canada. Am I still eligible to apply and sponsor my parents if I am studying outside of Canada?
Hi, I think you'll be eligible to sponsor.. If you're a PR and not Canadian citizen you won't be eligible but since you're citizen you'll be eligible.. You need to give them a letter of explanation explaining your situation that you're abroad pursuing studies and intend to return back to Canada. You can give the property details in Canada and your intention to return to Canada..
I looked at form 1344e and in sponsorship eligibility assessment, question #4 .

Do you reside in Canada and no other country? Yes or No

If you answered “NO”, but are a Canadian Citizen living exclusively outside Canada, you may be eligible to sponsor

Lay Tailor

Jun 13, 2018
congratulations to everyone who received invitations. For all those who have received invitations, do you mind sharing following info

first and last name initials
Time and date received invitation
Province applied

this would help others inn knowing sequence ircc is working on

If not, thats fine too

navidfifa

Jun 20, 2014
congratulations to everyone who received invitations. For all those who have received invitations, do you mind sharing following info

first and last name initials
Time and date received invitation
Province applied

this would help others inn knowing sequence ircc is working on

If not, thats fine too
I don't think there is any science behind the selection process, like they also said, it's totally random. I know a friend with WZ initial who submitted his application on the last day in 2020 and received invitation on the first day of draw last week.

Reactions: YVR123

trini_ac

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Hi, I think you'll be eligible to sponsor.. If you're a PR and not Canadian citizen you won't be eligible but since you're citizen you'll be eligible.. You need to give them a letter of explanation explaining your situation that you're abroad pursuing studies and intend to return back to Canada. You can give the property details in Canada and your intention to return to Canada..
I looked at form 1344e and in sponsorship eligibility assessment, question #4 .

Do you reside in Canada and no other country? Yes or No

If you answered “NO”, but are a Canadian Citizen living exclusively outside Canada, you may be eligible to sponsor
That only applies to sponsoring a spouse not applicable for parents/grandparents