+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Mansi_patel

Sep 26, 2021
Hi Folks ,
What fee should i pay? Out of these two option:
1:Sponsor your parent or grandparent
2:Sponsor your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee)

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th September 2012--COPR
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
Hi Folks ,
What fee should i pay? Out of these two option:
1:Sponsor your parent or grandparent
2:Sponsor your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee)
1. Sponsor your parent> I think it is 1050 each plus biometric fees

Chu2017

Apr 13, 2017
Hello folks, for the Form IMM1344 - There are two options in the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking: a) Withdraw your sponsorship Application. All processing fees less $75 will be refunded. b) Proceed with the application for permanent residence. Processing fees will be retained. Which of the two options is advisable? Thx

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
Hello folks, for the Form IMM1344 - There are two options in the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking: a) Withdraw your sponsorship Application. All processing fees less $75 will be refunded. b) Proceed with the application for permanent residence. Processing fees will be retained. Which of the two options is advisable? Thx
Thats confusing one? I am following
Are you applying on your parents behalf? Can you sing in onto online portal?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Starting with the online application I noticed the imm 0008 form ,the Generic one and in relation to the selection de Quebec why are they requesting it now when you are starting the application ? And you have to answer the questions about if Your received it ( obviously not …) and if not when did you apply for it !!!the rule of thumb is that you have to send the letter of acceptance of IRCC and send this letter with the demand of Selection de Quebec …anything I’m missing here

Last edited:

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
Applying in behalf of your parent-- Can you login to PR portal and do all the forms and uploading all info in behalf of your parents ??

ON CIC WEBSITE --

"To become your parents’ and grandparents’ representative, complete, sign and save the form to appoint or change a representative and include it with your sponsorship application. The people you’re sponsoring must also sign the form.

If you’ve already submitted your sponsorship application, send it to us through our web form. Include your

• full name
  • date of birth
  • country of birth
  • application number (if you know it)
  • relative’s Client ID Number or Universal Client Identifier (UCI), if you know it
You can upload the form after you’ve completed all the required fields."

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Applying in behalf of your parent-- Can you login to PR portal and do all the forms and uploading all info in behalf of your parents ??

ON CIC WEBSITE --

"To become your parents’ and grandparents’ representative, complete, sign and save the form to appoint or change a representative and include it with your sponsorship application. The people you’re sponsoring must also sign the form.

If you’ve already submitted your sponsorship application, send it to us through our web form. Include your

• full name
  • date of birth
  • country of birth
  • application number (if you know it)
  • relative’s Client ID Number or Universal Client Identifier (UCI), if you know it
You can upload the form after you’ve completed all the required fields."
My two cents based on my experience with the application of my father's TRV long time back.

1. Use your parent's email to create an online account (if they do not have one, easy create one and use that). Here you need to sync with your parent to verify the email address while creating an online account;
  2. Prepare application package, as if you are the Principle Applicant/Dependent, i.e., your parents. Here, you need to sync with your parent and/or family members and/or relatives to gather information (such address, date of birth, education history, employment history, e.t.c.) and/or documents;
  3. Upload the required documents and fill all the required online form (what you have done in Step 2 will be used here);
  4. On step 3, do not forget to appoint you and/or someone you wish (your spouse, siblings, etc) as a representative. So that in the future you can inquire (call or write) IRCC if needed- In my case, I was the representative;
  5. Pay fee and make sure the only thing needed is to submit the application and sign digitally;
  6. Next thing is tricky, if your parent can use computer/smart phone, asked her/him to log in and submit application (here she/he needs to digitally sign)- This is what I did. I have read, people whose parents are not familiar/comfortable with computer/smart phone, submitted themselves and use their parents name and location (City, Country) to digitally sign the application package.
P.S: I, my wife, has not received an invitation. If she does, we will do the above steps. Probably, we'll sync with them to create an account and in step 6, my in-law will submit and digitally sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: aonedoc

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
My two cents based on my experience with the application of my father's TRV long time back.

1. Use your parent's email to create an online account (if they do not have one, easy create one and use that). Here you need to sync with your parent to verify the email address while creating an online account;
  2. Prepare application package, as if you are the Principle Applicant/Dependent, i.e., your parents. Here, you need to sync with your parent and/or family members and/or relatives to gather information (such address, date of birth, education history, employment history, e.t.c.) and/or documents;
  3. Upload the required documents and fill all the required online form (what you have done in Step 2 will be used here);
  4. On step 3, do not forget to appoint you and/or someone you wish (your spouse, siblings, etc) as a representative. So that in the future you can inquire (call or write) IRCC if needed- In my case, I was the representative;
  5. Pay fee and make sure the only thing needed is to submit the application and sign digitally;
  6. Next thing is tricky, if your parent can use computer/smart phone, asked her/him to log in and submit application (here she/he needs to digitally sign)- This is what I did. I have read, people whose parents are not familiar/comfortable with computer/smart phone, submitted themselves and use their parents name and location (City, Country) to digitally sign the application package.
P.S: I, my wife, has not received an invitation. If she does, we will do the above steps. Probably, we'll sync with them to create an account and in step 6, my in-law will submit and digitally sign.
Thank you for your advise. Much appreciated.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013

One more thing to add. If you do not have access to your parent's email then you can ask them to set a filter - to forward any email with sender "*@*.cic.gc.ca" to your email account. Although, my dad gave me his password :), I used the filter option. Whenever, IRCC sends any update/request to my dad via email, it will be forwarded to my inbox :).

Reactions: aonedoc