+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Son gill

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello..i need some help..So its already been 2 years since i applied for my parents PR but still waiting for the results..Now my parents are in Canada on supervisa and it’s expiring end of Nov 2023..do i have to reapply for supervisa or i can ask for extension?..please reply

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello..i need some help..So its already been 2 years since i applied for my parents PR but still waiting for the results..Now my parents are in Canada on supervisa and it’s expiring end of Nov 2023..do i have to reapply for supervisa or i can ask for extension?..please reply
If you want them to remain in Canada longer without leaving, then you need to apply for a visitor record / extension.

Reactions: YVR123 and Son gill

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Should i look for visitor or supervisa extension?
Supervisa is used when they enter into Canada which would allow them a longer stay for that entry (vs normal vistor visa which is max 6 months).
When they extend their stay, it's just extending their visitor status. So I think you can request up to 2 years but if IRCC will give them 2 years or shorter extension, it's up to IRCC.

• People who currently have a Super Visa also have the option to request to extend their stay by up to two years while in Canada. This means current Super Visa holders will now be able to stay in Canada for up to seven consecutive years.

Reactions: Son gill

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Should i look for visitor or supervisa extension?
There's no such thing as a super visa extension. You just apply for an extension:

Reactions: Son gill and YVR123

Son gill

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Supervisa is used when they enter into Canada which would allow them a longer stay for that entry (vs normal vistor visa which is max 6 months).
When they extend their stay, it's just extending their visitor status. So I think you can request up to 2 years but if IRCC will give them 2 years or shorter extension, it's up to IRCC.

• People who currently have a Super Visa also have the option to request to extend their stay by up to two years while in Canada. This means current Super Visa holders will now be able to stay in Canada for up to seven consecutive years.
Thank you so much

Sugaraddict

Aug 11, 2022
Anyone still waiting for Montreal office?
We’re waiting too - Montreal office.
applied December 5th 2021
Sponsor approved Jan 2023
Medical exam and PCC for applicant and additional family information request for sponsor September 27, 2023
Medical passed October 11
PCC and Family Info form confirmed received November 1, 2023
Waiting…

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

Son gill

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
If you want them to remain in Canada longer without leaving, then you need to apply for a visitor record / extension.
So i was applying for extension of stay and when they ask for expiry date of the visa should it be the date written on visa sticker(this date is same as expiry date of passport)or it should be the date that visa officer wrote under the stamp when they arrived in Canada?

GZB-Victoria

Dec 9, 2016
"Hello everyone,

I have just successfully uploaded my parents' PR application on the portal. However, I have realized that I made two mistakes on form IMM 5669. The first mistake is that I filled in my grandmother's place of birth incorrectly, and the second is that I mistakenly used her last name before marriage for my maternal grandmother's given name. Now, I am quite worried that they might return or refuse my application. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice from anyone.

Thank you."

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
"Hello everyone,

I have just successfully uploaded my parents' PR application on the portal. However, I have realized that I made two mistakes on form IMM 5669. The first mistake is that I filled in my grandmother's place of birth incorrectly, and the second is that I mistakenly used her last name before marriage for my maternal grandmother's given name. Now, I am quite worried that they might return or refuse my application. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice from anyone.

Thank you."
Fill out the webform with the details & corrected form. Also attach your invitation letter. It will be resolved

parmarjas

Jul 30, 2018
Hi all, my parents arrived more than a month ago. My father already got his PR card but not my mom. I am assuming they supposed to receive the cards together as my mom and dad was in the same application and my father was the principal applicant. Anyone had this experience? Should I be worried? I appreciate your help.
hi i am experiencing same thing my dad's PR has arrived but my mothers not , are you still waiting for it or did you do something ? please let me know i will rreally appreciate it

Son gill

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
So i was applying for extension of stay and when they ask for expiry date of the visa should it be the date written on visa sticker(this date is same as expiry date of passport)or it should be the date that visa officer wrote under the stamp when they arrived in Canada?
Anyone?

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
hi i am experiencing same thing my dad's PR has arrived but my mothers not , are you still waiting for it or did you do something ? please let me know i will rreally appreciate it
It will be separate …..
Contact The IRCC & they may advise you further.