+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Neelu123

Apr 8, 2022
Hello all,

Wanted a guidance whether it is beneficial to submit PCC upfront while submitting the Parents PR application for parents or wait for CIC to ask for it.

They are based in Delhi and have traveled to USA AND Canada multiple times on Visit status for close to 180 days but not exceeded 6 months in these countries in one stretch.

Please advice. Thank you

Neelu123

Apr 8, 2022
Finally Received eCOPR today -
Here is my timeline :
Profile - PGP - Parents Grand Parents - Inland (Both Parents)
ITA - Oct 13, 2022
Application submitted and AOR - Nov 25, 2022
PR confirmation mail received - Sept 14, 2023
PR portal credentials received and address and picture submitted- Sept 22, 2023
ECoPR received - Oct 11, 2023

Waiting on PR Card now
Congrats. Wanted to check if you sent the PCC along with the application, or later upon asked by IRCC?

Also, did you get it from PSK or from Local Police Station in India?

I am submitting the application for my parents as I got the ITA a few weeks back, so need guidance if submitting PCC upfront with the application itself will help expedite the PR processing or wait for IRCC to ask them to submit.

Other question I have is if they have not exceeded their stay on Visitor status more than 6 months in USA and Canada in one stretch, like they have lived for close to 180 days at a stretch but not beyond that, so do we need to arrange PCC from USA and Canada?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Congrats. Wanted to check if you sent the PCC along with the application, or later upon asked by IRCC?

Also, did you get it from PSK or from Local Police Station in India?

I am submitting the application for my parents as I got the ITA a few weeks back, so need guidance if submitting PCC upfront with the application itself will help expedite the PR processing or wait for IRCC to ask them to submit.

Other question I have is if they have not exceeded their stay on Visitor status more than 6 months in USA and Canada in one stretch, like they have lived for close to 180 days at a stretch but not beyond that, so do we need to arrange PCC from USA and Canada?
Yes, they will accept the PCC if submitted upfront, so if you can, I recommend just submitting it.
Make sure you submit PCC's for all long stays since age 18.

There is a good chance they might ask for the US one as well. The process for the US one is a bit tedious and takes a while so even if you don't submit it upfront, you could always submit it via webform later before they request it. It's up to you, really.

sohereiam

Feb 3, 2023
Hi All,
I got an update after 2 years - they're requesting for Canadian PCC as my parents previously lived in Canada for 7 months. They're not in Canada right now. Please if someone can let me know how to obtain the Canadian PCC. I did search the thread, googled and even read on the website - but not sure if it's very clear. They're asking to visit some third party for fingerprints - but these 3rd parties too are in Canada.

Will really appreciate the reply as I have less than 30 days.
Did you solve this? The instructions are a bit confusing but I believe you have to literally send to a canadian company a paper copy of your mothers fingerprints signed by a police official in your country,

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hi All,
I got an update after 2 years - they're requesting for Canadian PCC as my parents previously lived in Canada for 7 months. They're not in Canada right now. Please if someone can let me know how to obtain the Canadian PCC. I did search the thread, googled and even read on the website - but not sure if it's very clear. They're asking to visit some third party for fingerprints - but these 3rd parties too are in Canada.

Will really appreciate the reply as I have less than 30 days.
So i am going to tell you what we did since my parents are from punjab india and im in canada ofcourse and i already knew a person (a agency who does all these stuff in surrey) they charged me around $250 ans told me to get her finger print of my parent and then passport and other 2 ids notarized. After all we send all scanned copies to agent they checked its all good then we have to courier by dhl straight to them once they received it then they applied and we got it in 1 week.

The person who did the fingerprints was in jalandhar punjab. I believe there are some but they changer way more there are some who will come to your house and do it but thats takes too much time and as you know its no time wasting situation so my parents went to them same day and done it for 3500 rs.

Let me know if you need more help about it

Ruhi123

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Hi, I applied my parents PR in PGP in 2022, after medical, have got RPRF payment and PCC request, my mom was in Canada in 2019 for 6 months, please guide if I need to apply PCC in India and in canada? Really appreciate. Thank you.

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hi, I applied my parents PR in PGP in 2022, after medical, have got RPRF payment and PCC request, my mom was in Canada in 2019 for 6 months, please guide if I need to apply PCC in India and in canada? Really appreciate. Thank you.
Request letter from IRCC should mention which country PCC is required, and if the request is for PA or for dependents.

Reactions: YVR123

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
Hi all, I have noticed in pgp 2021 the applicants whom files have been transferred to Vancouver office are still looking for updates after AOR and sponsor approval. Seems they haven't find any update and its been almost 22 Months since they have applied. Did any one received any update from Vancouver office or How can some one find update from Vancouver office ?

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
received passport request on my email this morning.
Congratulations! It is truly a long journey. I wonder what happened between “Medical passed – July 28, 2022” and the new Medical submitted a year later. Were there any additional documents required and reviewed? I wonder your delay is due to a security screening.
Thanks again!

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! It is truly a long journey. I wonder what happened between “Medical passed – July 28, 2022” and the new Medical submitted a year later. Were there any additional documents required and reviewed? I wonder your delay is due to a security screening.
Thanks again!
thanks.
not sure what was it, but really it took long as in it fell under. once they got back found out medical already expired and need a new one.