+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

anurag0071

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
I may be wrong here but as far as I know, their landing has to be before the medicals expire. I remember seeing a post a few months ago where immigration even called the sponsor to determine if the applicants can land before medical date cause the finalization vs medical expiry was only within a month time frame. If I am not mistaken, in that particular case, the parents were not able to depart before medical expiry, visa got revoked and had to go through medical process again.
i believe medical expiry is important but visa expiry date prevails over any other date.
They always have visa expiry date before which you must enter Canada ( you need decision made before expiry of medcial otherwise you will be asked to redo medical).

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
I may be wrong here but as far as I know, their landing has to be before the medicals expire. I remember seeing a post a few months ago where immigration even called the sponsor to determine if the applicants can land before medical date cause the finalization vs medical expiry was only within a month time frame. If I am not mistaken, in that particular case, the parents were not able to depart before medical expiry, visa got revoked and had to go through medical process again.
great. Thanks for your replying. they will enter to Canada sooner!

anurag0071

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
what is the process of visa revoke ? where will it happen at departure airport (your home country) or after arrival and if they want you to enter before medical expiry date then why was visa issued even after medical expiry for PR ?

Reactions: Angelholy

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
what is the process of visa revoke ? where will it happen at departure airport (your home country) or after arrival and if they want you to enter before medical expiry date then why was visa issued even after medical expiry for PR ?
There was one specific post from the 2019 PGP (around October - November 2022) where the parents' flight was one day before medical expiry. Upon checking in immigration from their home country, one of the spouse's visa was marked invalid and they were not allowed to board. I believe the person that posted it in the forum was their sponsor and they provided an update that it was because of medical expiry and they had to re-do it. No updates from that person since.

Not being weird remembering this scenario/post in detail but this was posted around the time my parents PR just got stamped so the whole situation was giving me serious anxiety at the time.

Reactions: anurag0071

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Does anyone know how long does it take to get PR Portal creation instructions email after getting first PR Portal information request email? Thank you.

Yvonne777

Nov 22, 2021
my parents just completed the second medical exam on Aug 31. and recieved PPR that indicates the expiry date of PR doc will be Aug 31 2024.

anurag0071

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Does anyone know how long does it take to get PR Portal creation instructions email after getting first PR Portal information request email? Thank you.
hello Nilkanth,

I missed pr portal email (never received) and recently called CIC to enquire about the status of my parents file (since there was no response from April), they informed me that PR portal email was sent on 10-August which i never received. They confirmed file was transferred to Montreal office from Vancouver office.

Is it same for you ?
If you happen to have email address of Vancouver office, can you please share

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
hello Nilkanth,

I missed pr portal email (never received) and recently called CIC to enquire about the status of my parents file (since there was no response from April), they informed me that PR portal email was sent on 10-August which i never received. They confirmed file was transferred to Montreal office from Vancouver office.

Is it same for you ?

question- what should we do in our PR portal? there is everything grey out there!
is there anything we should do there?

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
hello Nilkanth,

Is it same for you ?
No I did receive emails but I have received separate email for principal applicant and dependent on two separate email addresses. So we responded through principal applicants email only and included information for both person on one email and never responded to other email. So I was wondering do I need to respond both emails??

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
question- what should we do in our PR portal? there is everything grey out there!
is there anything we should do there?
You will get an email regarding PR portal log in information. Do not create new one. I have received today which states use your PR portal login information same as PR portal application. Once you get an email then proceed and login, COPR tab will be open that time.
See link for more information
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

Reactions: RRBP

Ahmed.Sami

Jun 17, 2019
Today, I reached out to the IRCC inquiring about the status of my mother's PR application. Unfortunately, there has been no progress update regarding the background check. According to the IRCC representative, the background check consists of three steps:

1. Information sharing: Completed
  2. Security screening: In progress
  3. Criminality check: Not initiated yet
It has now been 23 months since we submitted the application, which is the specified processing time, and we are still awaiting a final decision from the Montreal Office.

To address this situation, I plan to compose a letter to the IRCC minister or anyone might help. However, it would carry more weight if we can demonstrate that this is not an isolated case. If your application has also exceeded the expected processing time, please feel free to send me a private message, and we can discuss our next steps together.

My MP has made contact with IRCC on two times, and also received my GCMS note last week

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Today, I reached out to the IRCC inquiring about the status of my mother's PR application. Unfortunately, there has been no progress update regarding the background check. According to the IRCC representative, the background check consists of three steps:

1. Information sharing: Completed
  2. Security screening: In progress
  3. Criminality check: Not initiated yet
It has now been 23 months since we submitted the application, which is the specified processing time, and we are still awaiting a final decision from the Montreal Office.

To address this situation, I plan to compose a letter to the IRCC minister or anyone might help. However, it would carry more weight if we can demonstrate that this is not an isolated case. If your application has also exceeded the expected processing time, please feel free to send me a private message, and we can discuss our next steps together.

My MP has made contact with IRCC on two times, and also received my GCMS note last week
Hi Ahmed,
I wonder what makes security check such a long time. Have your parents worked for government or had experience with military or police? IRCC may require third parties for further investigation.

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
You will get an email regarding PR portal log in information. Do not create new one. I have received today which states use your PR portal login information same as PR portal application. Once you get an email then proceed and login, COPR tab will be open that time.
See link for more information
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

Thanks for your guide. :)

I did not receive any email regarding that yet even in GCKey application is already approved and seems everything there are done already!

any idea when normally we should receive that PR portal email?

Ahmed.Sami

Jun 17, 2019
Hi Ahmed,
I wonder what makes security check such a long time. Have your parents worked for government or had experience with military or police? IRCC may require third parties for further investigation.
No, I am just sponsoring my mom's and she use to be a high school teacher her entire life.

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
No, I am just sponsoring my mom's and she use to be a high school teacher her entire life.
My mother also worked in a school, and we later received a request for a detailed government service form, which seems to prolong the application process time. Currently, the status still shows “we are processing your background check”. I sent a web form request and hope to get some answer soon.

Reactions: ccua