Nomination.....
9-8-2013
AOR Received.
3-09-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
The point of that letter is to give you information on services that's available when you become a new PR. It doesn't mean any specific state or time of your PR process.
Yes exactly. This letter kind of means nothing. I see people receiving this letter whose applications were rejected afterwards.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes exactly. This letter kind of means nothing. I see people receiving this letter whose applications were rejected afterwards.
It means nothing if you are looking at it as an indicator of the process.
It means what it means. Provide information. There is nothing to "read into".

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hi Folks,

After some disappointment earlier this week when i found out that my parents file was transferred to Vancouver office in August 2023 only.

Today i received pre-arrival services letter in the account.
Not sure what is the pattern but i have not received medical or PCC request as of yet. on GCMS notes, it shows "medical passed" for my dad as i renewed his super visa few months back and gave medical at the time but it shows "not started" for my mom.

Hoping for a faster processing now. Thanks All!

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

anurag0071

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Anyone has Vancouver office email address, it seems they sent the pr portal email on 10 August but i never received it. I called CIC office and they told me that i should have reeved an email from Vancouver office on 10 August and the representative said he will reach out to Vancouver office and request them to resend the email but i don't want to take any chances

if you have received PR portal email can someone post it here to basically what it looks like

Also i was able to link my application to GC Key account and

Final decision
  • August 8, 2023 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

anurag0071

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Those who have received PR Portal email from Vancouver office, can you please message the email address from where you received it , either post it here or please direct message me

I regularly got all the updates or request for more information not sure why / how did i miss the PR portal email.

Thank you for the help

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Those who have received PR Portal email from Vancouver office, can you please message the email address from where you received it , either post it here or please direct message me

I regularly got all the updates or request for more information not sure why / how did i miss the PR portal email.

Thank you for the help
Have you checked your spouse email including spam folder? Becuase I received separate email for my in laws. For one of them I received the request and for another one my received the request through email. I only provided portal information through one of the email.

anurag0071

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Have you checked your spouse email including spam folder? Becuase I received separate email for my in laws. For one of them I received the request and for another one my received the request through email. I only provided portal information through one of the email.
Yes i checked her email as well but she has also not received any portal email

faroquex

Star Member
May 18, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Nomination.....
9-8-2013
AOR Received.
3-09-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Today I received 30$ refund to my credit card. I don’t know what is going on. First pre arrival letter, then transfer file to nee visa office and now 30$ refund. Does anyone have similar experiences. What could that possible means.
Thanks.

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
hi guys,

parent got their stamped visa on their passport . I have two questions:

1- as per of my understanding their should be landed before their medical expiration. so their medical was passed Oct 3 2022 today shows Oct 4 2022). however, in their visas and also in GCKEY they have expire date Aug 7 2024 ??!!! I supposed they should be enter in Canada before their Medical got expired? any idea ? or similar experience? They also have same expiry date on Documents Status on theri GCKEY !

2- Is that anything they should do in the airport rather that give that COPR to officer for signing and dating? I heard there is a form that they should fill out for they stuff that may want to bring in Canada in future., any idea?

3- when and where should apply for getting their SIN and PR card?

any idea will be appreciated!

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
hi guys,

parent got their stamped visa on their passport . I have two questions:

1- as per of my understanding their should be landed before their medical expiration. so their medical was passed Oct 3 2022 today shows Oct 4 2022). however, in their visas and also in GCKEY they have expire date Aug 7 2024 ??!!! I supposed they should be enter in Canada before their Medical got expired? any idea ? or similar experience? They also have same expiry date on Documents Status on theri GCKEY !

2- Is that anything they should do in the airport rather that give that COPR to officer for signing and dating? I heard there is a form that they should fill out for they stuff that may want to bring in Canada in future., any idea?

3- when and where should apply for getting their SIN and PR card?

any idea will be appreciated!
Congratulations!

1 - They can land after their medical expiration, as long as their visa is still valid - so no need to worry about that.

2 - Yes, they can bring a list of items that they may want to bring to Canada in the future.

3 - As far as I know, they don't need to apply for their first PR card, that process begins automatically when they complete their landing. They will receive the cards in the mail.
For the SIN number they can apply online, or at a Service Canada. They will need either their signed COPR or PR card.

Reactions: RRBP

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
Congratulations!

1 - They can land after their medical expiration, as long as their visa is still valid - so no need to worry about that.

2 - Yes, they can bring a list of items that they may want to bring to Canada in the future.

3 - As far as I know, they don't need to apply for their first PR card, that process begins automatically when they complete their landing. They will receive the cards in the mail.
For the SIN number they can apply online, or at a Service Canada. They will need either their signed COPR or PR card.

Thank you so much for your reply! :)
just curious if you see some other cases that their visa's is valid more than a year from their medical?

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Thank you so much for your reply! :)
just curious if you see some other cases that their visa's is valid more than a year from their medical?
I may be wrong here but as far as I know, their landing has to be before the medicals expire. I remember seeing a post a few months ago where immigration even called the sponsor to determine if the applicants can land before medical date cause the finalization vs medical expiry was only within a month time frame. If I am not mistaken, in that particular case, the parents were not able to depart before medical expiry, visa got revoked and had to go through medical process again.

Reactions: RRBP