+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Mojojo

Apr 13, 2019
Hey guys.

Help me with this riddle.
I recently got married and my parents sponsorship is still processing, DO I update this information in CIC for their file?

I have to apply for spousal sponsorship too. unsure. help :)

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Hey guys.

Help me with this riddle.
I recently got married and my parents sponsorship is still processing, DO I update this information in CIC for their file?

I have to apply for spousal sponsorship too. unsure. help :)
Congratulations on getting married. Short answer would be yes, you'd have to update CIC. Long answer would have to come from someone who's been through the same thing before.

rskhanna

Aug 1, 2019
Hello, I submitted my parent's file in December 2021. I have received biometrics & medical request but only for my father and nothing for my mother yet. Is this normal? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Mojojo

Apr 13, 2019
Hey Syed thanks bud!!

I just dont want them to ask my financial papers again and make it more painful than it has already been lol.

Medicals and PCC done in December got Pre-arrivals Letter in December and no Passport request!!

ankit1703

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
N.A. for NDVO
IELTS Request
Submitted with the file
File Transfer...
18-08-2014
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting for Dream Come true
Hi All

Thanks in advance for responding to mey queries:

1) How much $ is mandatory (cash/travellers cheque) when a single parent is landing as PR? (Got PR approved sometime back)
2) My Dad got his PR as well but he recently expired and i have submitted webform informing CIC about the change in personal situation but haven't got any response (it's been 3-4 weeks). My mom is coming on 13th April (she is primary applicant), any other thing we need to do?

@t

Apr 4, 2023
Hi All

Thanks in advance for responding to mey queries:

1) How much $ is mandatory (cash/travellers cheque) when a single parent is landing as PR? (Got PR approved sometime back)
2) My Dad got his PR as well but he recently expired and i have submitted webform informing CIC about the change in personal situation but haven't got any response (it's been 3-4 weeks). My mom is coming on 13th April (she is primary applicant), any other thing we need to do?
Sorry about your loss. As long as you have informed them abt the changes to your file, I think you are all set. Nothing more from your end is required.

Reactions: ankit1703

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hey Syed thanks bud!!

I just dont want them to ask my financial papers again and make it more painful than it has already been lol.

Medicals and PCC done in December got Pre-arrivals Letter in December and no Passport request!!
Hello, Can you please share your timelines? My timelines are in the signature..

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
If the spouse is sponsored, can they still sponsor their parents? If not what are the conditions that needs to be met before they can sponsor their parents?

CanSpo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
If the spouse is sponsored, can they still sponsor their parents? If not what are the conditions that needs to be met before they can sponsor their parents?
Sponsored (spouse) can not for 3 years but sponsor can if income is enough.