+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

SubaRaj

Sep 9, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I got medical request for my Mom's application. She is in Canada as a visitor since March 2020 and we have gotten her medical done in September 2021 for extension of her visitor status. She has not gone out of Canada since we had her medicals done.

Is she exempt from doing medical test again as per this?
Yes.she is exempt to do a new medical.
But add a copy of her IME to your PGP application.

Jan 30, 2023
appreciate timeline from members. my timelines as below
Application submitted - Dec 4th 2021
Medical passed - Aug 8th 2022
Biometric submitted - Aug 1st 2022
PCC and relationship Docs submitted - Sept 21st 2022
Waiting for PR approval and final decision
I am Canadian citizen blessed that PGP picked for my in laws in 2021 and parents in 2022

Reactions: jessiezhai

throwawayquestion123

Dec 23, 2022
I submitted application for my parents in Oct 2023 . Requesting from the 2022 applicants what is the realistic expected time period for application processing? Online the processing time is 43 months.

Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks
I think you mean that you submitted the application in Oct 2022 not 2023.
The processing times vary from case to another, but most people in this thread got it within 1year to 1.5 years.

The processing times only show 38 months, but thats only for the extreme complicated cases. You can refer to the excel spreadsheet that is on this thread to see everyone's processing times, or open the comments user signature and they usually have their processing times there.

best of luck

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
As a non-Indian, I find it very odd that IRCC requests so many documents from Indian applicants as proof of relationship. Surely 1 or 2 documents should suffice?
We submited more so they won't ask again. Otherwise requested was only school certificate or any proof that has father's name.

Reactions: hodari

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi Heli your signature says PCC Accepted date. What change you find on GC Key for PCC acceptance ? I mean how you come to know about this after uploading PCC from GC Key account?
In GC key additional document requied status line change to Not applicable from We are reviewing your document. That's how I Know.

Reactions: SubaRaj

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
As a non-Indian, I find it very odd that IRCC requests so many documents from Indian applicants as proof of relationship. Surely 1 or 2 documents should suffice?
From reading on the forum, my understanding is that birth certificates in India do not have children's names on them. And some do not have full names of parents.
So it's harder to use it as relationship proof. Please correct me if otherwise.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
From reading on the forum, my understanding is that birth certificates in India do not have children's names on them. And some do not have full names of parents.
So it's harder to use it as relationship proof. Please correct me if otherwise.
Yes it is right.

Js2021

Jul 28, 2022
Has anybody been requested Sputum tests for medical? We are currently stuck on Medical processing because we are required to undergo Sputum/TB treatment for 6 months. It looks like this is only common in the Philippines but not in India?

abhishek66

Dec 9, 2013
Visa Office......
Cpc mississauga
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2002
Doc's Request.
same day
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
submitted same day
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
na
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
no
Today all three documents have been received by ircc were send in august....( pcc , proof of relationship and renewed passport).....now expecting ppr

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Today all three documents have been received by ircc were send in august....( pcc , proof of relationship and renewed passport).....now expecting ppr
Sorry, I Didn't get you. Did you receive acknowledgement back from IRCC for the documents you submitted in Aug-2022, or did you notice anything new on the gckey portal?

Raza1214

Aug 20, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
appreciate timeline from members. my timelines as below
Application submitted - Dec 4th 2021
Medical passed - Aug 8th 2022
Biometric submitted - Aug 1st 2022
PCC and relationship Docs submitted - Sept 21st 2022
Waiting for PR approval and final decision
I am Canadian citizen blessed that PGP picked for my in laws in 2021 and parents in 2022
you are way ahead of me in terms of processing. I am a 1st Dec applicant. Sponsor was approved in June 2022. Biometerics were done for my parents when they got their visitor visasin 2020. Didn’t hear back anything. No medical request.

TheFoxTrail

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hello, my brother sponsored my mother and they submitted their application on March 2021.
This is her estimated timeline:
Biometrics: December 2021 submitted
Medical: June 2022 passed
PCC and Divorce Certificate: August 2022 request received and submitted

Currently online it says still processing, I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and if there is any ETA?

abhishek66

Dec 9, 2013
Visa Office......
Cpc mississauga
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2002
Doc's Request.
same day
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
submitted same day
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
na
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
no
Sorry, I Didn't get you. Did you receive acknowledgement back from IRCC for the documents you submitted in Aug-2022, or did you notice anything new on the gckey portal?
IRCC requested for PCC last aug 3 and I have uploaded the PCC on august 24. It took 5 months before they received it. Anyone here who uploaded PCC in GCKey and got the same email and soon received pre-arrival letter please? I would like to have an idea how many days/weeks until DM under PR. Parents are outside Canada. PR In Process since nov 15 2021. LVO is CPC-M. Thank you.