+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

movais

Sep 10, 2018
I have not receive any update from Vancouver office after sponsor approval (June 9 ).
waiting for medical and pcc
anybody faced similar situation
I have exactly same date,
Biometrics request June 9, Sponsor Approval Jun 9
Since then no updates from them. Vancouver office. Looks like Vancouver office is very slow

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hi, can someone please share your thoughts on following:
Applied for parents PR back in Dec 2021- last week CIC sent a letter to send proof of relationship and PCC due FEB 17 2023. Today I received the medical examination request for both parents. They are going to visit me in Canada on visitor visa during March to Sep 2023- what happens if they get biometrics and passport request while they are in Canada? Can they do both from here? I am calling CIC for general questions but as always the automated message says "due to high volume of calls they are unable to connect". Please share your thoughts on what can be done.
they can give biometrics in canada. no issues. you can book an appointment at the nearest service canada office.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp
Just inform IRCC by webform once they are in canada. Update their address. they will receive virtual landing instructions instead of passport request.

User1982

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
Doc's Request.
13-05-2016 rcmp
AOR Received.
5-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
Received medical request for my in laws Jan 26, 2023

Files summitted on 6 Dec 2021

Pankaj7777

Aug 30, 2019
Hello Team,

I applied back on Dec 21. And file was returned due to missing physical signature. We resubmitted again in july 2022 with all the paperwork and since then only recieved the file number and AOR. I am unable to link the file in GCKEY also i have submitted multiple webforms no replies yet. Does anyone has any solution to this?

Pankaj7777

Aug 30, 2019
We submitted our application on December 5, 2021 and still haven’t even got an AOR. No communication from them whatsoever. Nothing. I see many who submitted around the same time as us already are submitting their passports. I don’t know whether I should write to them or wait more. I did link our application to the GCKEY in August and saw they gave a number to our application and it says it is in process but shouldn’t there be more communication? Are they really processing it or is that a standard wording they are using. Is anyone in the same boat and what did you do?
We submitted our application on December 5, 2021 and still haven’t even got an AOR. No communication from them whatsoever. Nothing. I see many who submitted around the same time as us already are submitting their passports. I don’t know whether I should write to them or wait more. I did link our application to the GCKEY in August and saw they gave a number to our application and it says it is in process but shouldn’t there be more communication? Are they really processing it or is that a standard wording they are using. Is anyone in the same boat and what did you do?
I am in same boat but. I got the AOR EMAIL.nothing else also i am unable to link application on gckey.

Paradise

Dec 19, 2011
Hi, can someone please share your thoughts on following:
Applied for parents PR back in Dec 2021- last week CIC sent a letter to send proof of relationship and PCC due FEB 17 2023. Today I received the medical examination request for both parents. They are going to visit me in Canada on visitor visa during March to Sep 2023- what happens if they get biometrics and passport request while they are in Canada? Can they do both from here? I am calling CIC for general questions but as always the automated message says "due to high volume of calls they are unable to connect". Please share your thoughts on what can be done.
Yes they can do their Biometrics in Canada itself. Last May we were in Canada on a Visitor visa, we received Biometric request while in Canada and we did our Biometrics in Canada and the very next day itself we received Medicals. Since we were travelling back to India, we submitted our Medical from India. We raised Webform and IRCC confirmed they have received Biometric and Medical.

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hello Team,

I applied back on Dec 21. And file was returned due to missing physical signature. We resubmitted again in july 2022 with all the paperwork and since then only recieved the file number and AOR. I am unable to link the file in GCKEY also i have submitted multiple webforms no replies yet. Does anyone has any solution to this?
An easy way to login to GCkey ac is to have file no & UCI with you. But you can still try log in using your passport details. Try putting different no. In total applicant included in file (+/-1) mine worked this way.

User1982

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
Doc's Request.
13-05-2016 rcmp
AOR Received.
5-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
Hey Forum,

We got a proof of relationship request for my wife's parents , we already provided the indian passport and education documents , not sure what can we provide now ? They mentioned that we already have your Indian passport and education. we can not provide Addhar because if does not have the father name on it , it has my name (husband ) on it. it was made after our marriage .

Any suggestion what can we provide to IRCC ?

Thanks

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hey Forum,

We got a proof of relationship request for my wife's parents , we already provided the indian passport and education documents , not sure what can we provide now ? They mentioned that we already have your Indian passport and education. we can not provide Addhar because if does not have the father name on it , it has my name (husband ) on it. it was made after our marriage .

Any suggestion what can we provide to IRCC ?

Thanks
Hi
provide PAN Card, school living certificate , OCI ( it has father’s name)and explanation letter that on adhar card don’t have father’s name.
for my husband’s parents as a proof of relationship we sent indian passpor, oci, PAN Card, school living certificate, 10th and 12th marksheet. See my signature for timeline.
make sure you send explanation letter with the document.
i hope this helps you.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hi
provide PAN Card, school living certificate , OCI ( it has father’s name)and explanation letter that on adhar card don’t have father’s name.
for my husband’s parents as a proof of relationship we sent indian passpor, oci, PAN Card, school living certificate, 10th and 12th marksheet. See my signature for timeline.
i hope this helps you.
As a non-Indian, I find it very odd that IRCC requests so many documents from Indian applicants as proof of relationship. Surely 1 or 2 documents should suffice?

CanSpo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hi
i hope this helps you.
Hi Heli your signature says PCC Accepted date. What change you find on GC Key for PCC acceptance ? I mean how you come to know about this after uploading PCC from GC Key account?

abhijeetwadhwa

Jan 17, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I got medical request for my Mom's application. She is in Canada as a visitor since March 2020 and we have gotten her medical done in September 2021 for extension of her visitor status. She has not gone out of Canada since we had her medicals done.

Is she exempt from doing medical test again as per this?