+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Did you check the email id you provided for the applicant as well as for the sponsor. No update on it? We missed out the first document request sent on my wife's email as she was the sponsor and i had put in a use of representative form hence expecting updates on my email but they were requesting an updated use of representative form.
I used my dad’s email in the form I submitted. After submission i got autogenerated email confirming the submission. In the form I used the right email.
My parents had visit visa for 2 years. I used the same UCI number to check the status, it just say “Application Received”. No update after that.
If email on the file is wrong atleast the status on the CIC portal should confirm it right. But I believe they haven’t started our application itself

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hello, I am currently helping my parents now in India and in the process of submitting their passports to Vfs after ppr. I called Vfs global Canada customer service today to clarify the same question as you, the agent advised us to submit 2 A4 sized envelopes- one for PA and one for the dependent. Each envelope should contain the list of items requested in your ppr form - a valid passport, the ppr letter from Ircc, photos, Vfs consent Form and sms consent form sent to your email after submitting a webform and making the payment for courier pickup from Vfs.
If you need assistance you can call the Vfs global Canada contact Center at 02267866002. Hope this helps.
Hi, appreciate your response. Actually, I also called to VFS and they advised me the same. Passports are on its way now. Thank you so much!

music44

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, Can you please share your complete timelines? in the meantime, please visit your local Police station and check the options.

We both have exact same timelines, we should keep each other posted. Waiting for PPR and parents are inland. What about yours?

User1982

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
Doc's Request.
13-05-2016 rcmp
AOR Received.
5-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
Received AOR on 18 Aug:
Dear ......,

This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:

 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents
and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your
Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada
Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income
tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received
date of your application.

OR
o If you selected “No” to the Statement of Consent on this form then you would need to
provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the
Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout
for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your
parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same
as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account.
The Option C document is available free of charge

Do i need to re-submit above documents ?
Received Biometrics request on Nov 16 .

sch93

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Hello all, should the front and back of a parent photo be uploaded separately? Or does the front and back of photo needs be combined in one file? Please advise.

pratul111

Mar 8, 2016
My parents are Indian citizens and have been living in Tanzania as temporary residents. They both have Canada's visitor visa and I am planning to bring them here for couple of months this Summer. I know they can get their biometrics, medical examination done from here. They can also get their Indian PCC done from BLS Canada. Does anyone know if they can do Tanzania PCC from here? I haven't received any update on my application, so am not sure how would I be able to notify them about their travel history update. Can they get upfront PCC done before flying here?
Hi Bhaumik,
I have applied from my Parents PR and they have asked for a PCC from Tanzania (because they stayed there for 190 days). If you were able to get through the PCC from Tanzania. My Parents are now in India.
I found this site (https://www.ke.tzembassy.go.tz/services/police-clearance-certificate) but not sure if:
1. I need to pay for the return courier or is part of USD 25 they are asking?
2. Am I required to submit the 40 USD they are asking upfront?

If you or someone could help in this regard, that will be very helpful, thank so much.

Jakedavid007

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Hello guys, I am starting to fill the application for my parents in the IRCC portal. When I add all the information for my father, who is added as a dependent, the status shows as "Missing Information". I checked each field over and over again. Have any of you ran into this? If so, what did you do to solve it?

Jakedavid007

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Hello guys, I am starting to fill the application for my parents in the IRCC portal. When I add all the information for my father, who is added as a dependent, the status shows as "Missing Information". I checked each field over and over again. Have any of you ran into this? If so, what did you do to solve it?
OK. I figured it out. Using Chrome instead of Safari did the trick

Vkbhalla

Sep 28, 2021
My wife's Biometrics is over. I was asked to provide biometrics. I have paid the biometrics fee in August. Since then waiting for Biometrics instruction letter. Advice what to do. All other documents have been submitted including PCC on 19th Sept 2022 as per the deadline given by IRCC.
Waiting for PPR. It is more than 2 months now.