+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Kumar24

Jan 24, 2015
Hello,

Need some help. In 2020, I put in the expression of interest for my parents PR. I got the invite this year. Unfortunately, my dad passed away during this span. But, I am planning to apply PR for my mom.

How do I mention this to the immigration folks?

On a side note, is there a whatsapp group that I could join (PGP 2022) ?

Thanks in advance

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hello,

Need some help. In 2020, I put in the expression of interest for my parents PR. I got the invite this year. Unfortunately, my dad passed away during this span. But, I am planning to apply PR for my mom.

How do I mention this to the immigration folks?

On a side note, is there a whatsapp group that I could join (PGP 2022) ?

Thanks in advance
I had the same case. Please provide the letter of explanation regarding the change of situation along with the father's death certificate.

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
After medical and pcc, how much time it will take to get PPR ?
Hello, This is a case-to-case basis depending upon the case processing office and documentation submitted and documents expiration date. My timelines is in my signature. If you share your timelines then we can compare. Thanks !

Reactions: rndhr

xxyz

Nov 23, 2022
i was unemployed in the year 2019 for more than half year.
I realized when i was filling IMM 5768 E , got confused. My 2019 Notice of assesment, line 15000 showed income is 48K. However when i am summing up T4s for the year 2019 while filling form 5758 E. its sum up to 25K.
i was unemployed in the year 2019 , can i include Employement insurance in the total income. I think in NOA for the year 2019 , CRA has included EI income.

Please advise?

hello

You need to check that how much your income is less than the required income and then ask your accountant to reassess your tax for 2019.

do not submit your file with less income and if your accountant says he cannot increase your income then change your accountant.

there are many ways to show income, your register your corporation and figure out how to show income.

do what ever it takes to show the income but do not submit your file with less then required income.

Kumar24

Jan 24, 2015
I had the same case. Please provide the letter of explanation regarding the change of situation along with the father's death certificate.
Thank for your response. Should I submit it via the Webform portal? Trying to understand the process. Thank you

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Hello guys, I am starting to fill the application for my parents in the IRCC portal. When I add all the information for my father, who is added as a dependent, the status shows as "Missing Information". I checked each field over and over again. Have any of you ran into this? If so, what did you do to solve it?
If father is dependent then who is principal applicant

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If father is dependent then who is principal applicant
Mother can be the PA. It can be either one.
Can't answer question about Missing Information because we don't see if "all the information" is acutally added. And if so, any issue with those online forms.

sch93

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Update: Our Application was approved today:
Final decision - November 23, 2022:Your application was approved.
Timelines in my signature. Thanks everyone for your help and good luck to all waiting.
Congrats! Since you applied using PR portal, can you please help me clarify whether the front and back of a photo should be uploaded separately or as one merged jpg?

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015<br/>Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015<br/>Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015<br/>Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
My friend received AOR and based on the letter we are trying to figure out what additional documents needs to be sent.

It says if "not" already included the following documents:
  • IMM 5768 - already sent but without SIN/CRA consent
    • IMM 5748 - already sent
    • Option C for 3 years - This is where we are confused, he thinks that since the document checklist mentions Option C or NOA and he has already sent the NOA's then there is no need to send anything again. But since the letter specifically mentions Option C, I think he needs to send it? And does he need to mask his SIN in the PDF or just send everything as is?

The AOR only mentions the principal applicant and not the dependent, is that normal?

Final question, the letter says

** Please include “PGP-Sponsorship” in the subject line of the email **

But there is no option to send the documents through email, just the web form. And there is no option in the web form to specify the subject line. How should he go about this?

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Thank for your response. Should I submit it via the Webform portal? Trying to understand the process. Thank you
Well, it's up to you. I believe you are still going through the initial application. You can upload it along with your initial application. I uploaded it with my initial application. No change in the process. Do you have a section to upload other documents or something similar?

Kumar24

Jan 24, 2015
Well, it's up to you. I believe you are still going through the initial application. You can upload it along with your initial application. I uploaded it with my initial application. No change in the process. Do you have a section to upload other documents or something similar?
Honestly, I haven't started filling in the application yet...do I need to create a account for my mom and dad separately? If I create separately for my dad, do I just need to upload the letter of explanation and death certificate? Or do I need to fill in any other forms?