+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Krishan37

Nov 10, 2022
Did anyone get email to redo medicals with further test instructions sent to the doctor? My father did his test 9 days back and today he got an email to redo medical test. he is a heart patient and has a prostrate gland issue. Does that make him inadmissible? What makes a person medically inadmissible? Can anyone help me understand?

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
I added my mother's upfront medical via webform and after 2 months the status of her medical got updated on the portal. I also enclosed the letter we got from hospital as a proof when I got the actual letter from IRCC asking for her medical. I hope this helps. Cheers!
Thank you very much for your replay it helps me a lot.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
I added my mother's upfront medical via webform and after 2 months the status of her medical got updated on the portal. I also enclosed the letter we got from hospital as a proof when I got the actual letter from IRCC asking for her medical. I hope this helps. Cheers!
you gave UMI number in the webform? Because my upfront medical has UMI number not IME number.

nexxtlevel

Nov 10, 2022
Received medical requests for non accompanying non dependent sibling for PGP immigration. Medical done and passed on Sep 20th. Will non dependent get COPR also?

rocketphd

Jun 10, 2022
Hello all,
Got our pre arrival on 12th Oct but no update after that. Parents were planning to visit but now we are confused whether to wait for PPR and then come or other way.
How much time is it taking post Pre arrival roughly to get the PPR?
Thanks
For us, we got Pre-arrival letter on 28th September and still waiting for the PPR.

Reactions: sss19sap

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Did anyone get email to redo medicals with further test instructions sent to the doctor? My father did his test 9 days back and today he got an email to redo medical test. he is a heart patient and has a prostrate gland issue. Does that make him inadmissible? What makes a person medically inadmissible? Can anyone help me understand?
My father got additional medical request back in May. They asked to do few additional tests. On October 27th he finally cleared his medical exam completely.
On medical inadmissibility one can read here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/medical-inadmissibility.html

SubaRaj

Sep 9, 2022
Hi,
I added upfront medical through webform last month but it's not been updated in GCKey yet.
Do you know any other way I can send the medical other than web form?

bhagyanath

Sep 3, 2011
Hello friends. I have applied for my mother's sponsorship under Parents & Grandparents program, and I have a question with regards to "dependants".
Currently my mother is staying with my elder brother who is working in the U.A.E. He's over 18, financially independent and does not plan on moving to Canada with her. Based on this background, I filled out all the forms.
At first I received a request from CIC asking for IMM5406 for "Principal Applicant and all
dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not". A little confused as to why they're asking for the information that I'd previously entered online,
I ended up resending my mum's IMM5406 form as well as my brother's IMM5406 even though, as clarified before, he's not a dependant. Simply for the sake of providing complete information, and to avoid further delays in application processing.
Recently, I received another request from CIC requesting for IMM0008 form for my brother. I believe, in retrospect, I made a mistake when I sent my brother's IMM5406, because of reasons mentioned above. Do I now write them an email to clarify this?
If anyone could guide me or help me rectify this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
hai did you get any reply from ircc regarding your scinario?
i am in the same bot

anurag0071

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Medical request email was sent on 09th November and i checked my email today (11-Nov) and found medical request email.

I realized there are in total 4 email request of which 2 are for my parents and 2 are for my siblings (Brother and Sister each). None of them are dependent to my parents, married with kids and settled back home).

Has anyone else received medical request for their adult siblings who are not part of application ? Anyone ?

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Medical request email was sent on 09th November and i checked my email today (11-Nov) and found medical request email.

I realized there are in total 4 email request of which 2 are for my parents and 2 are for my siblings (Brother and Sister each). None of them are dependent to my parents, married with kids and settled back home).

Has anyone else received medical request for their adult siblings who are not part of application ? Anyone ?
Please share full timeline.

anurag0071

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
i read previous threads and realized , many applications from Vancouver office have got additional medical request for their siblings who are not dependent on their parents.

SO lets see if they get PR or is it just extra cost for us.

I dont think by doing XRay, CBC, physical exam , they will determine any hereditary disorder