+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Sashti23

May 31, 2022
Hello friends, need your help please. My mom in law is in Canada now on visitor visa and her dependant my father in law is in India. We received PPR for my in-laws 2 days back. My husband submitted address update for virtual landing for my MIL as she is the principal applicant. We have few questions:
  1. What is the time line for virtual landing request?
  2. Can my FIL submit his passport to Vfs for PR stamping and complete the landing separately?

3. Can my MIL travel back to India to complete PR stamping after submitting the webform address update? Thank you all for your guidance

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
hi... Does anyone know how to book appointment at VFS center from India. I was getting access denied for the page when I selected country India on vfsglobal.com.. Then after several attempts the page opened and when I entered their application number FXXXXXXXXX. i got the message 'Application number is invalid... I selected "Permanent Residence Travel document' - is that selection correct?

Derricktse

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Hello friends, need your help please. My mom in law is in Canada now on visitor visa and her dependant my father in law is in India. We received PPR for my in-laws 2 days back. My husband submitted address update for virtual landing for my MIL as she is the principal applicant. We have few questions:
  1. What is the time line for virtual landing request?
  2. Can my FIL submit his passport to Vfs for PR stamping and complete the landing separately?

3. Can my MIL travel back to India to complete PR stamping after submitting the webform address update? Thank you all for your guidance

My honest advice is not to do virtual landing. It is a frustrating process given the backlog with virtual landing at this moment. We got PPR on August 10 and submitted webform on the same day, got Virtual Landing links earlier this week, and we are now waiting for the eCOPR which can easily take another 7-8 weeks.

Reactions: Sashti23

Sashti23

May 31, 2022
can you share your timeline plz? When did you sent the additional docs?
Invitation received 2021 Sept,24
Submitted - 2021 Nov, 27
SA approval - 2022 May, 04
GC key- linked on 2022, May, 12
medical passed 2022 May, 16
PCC and biometric - 2022, June 03
Additional documents submitted - 2022, 06
pre-arrival services letter : 2022, October 27
PPR : 2022 Nov 09
Submitted we form for MIL(PA) 2022, Nov 10
Awaiting instructions now

Sashti23

May 31, 2022
My honest advice is not to do virtual landing. It is a frustrating process given the backlog with virtual landing at this moment. We got PPR on August 10 and submitted webform on the same day, got Virtual Landing links earlier this week, and we are now waiting for the eCOPR which can easily take another 7-8 weeks.
Thank you so much for sharing your inputs. The letter said send web form for address update within 5 days whereas there is 30 days time for passport submission that’s why my husband submitted the webform yesterday for address update. Can my MIL travel to India now to submit the passport to Vfs and complete he process there?

getsetgo

Aug 9, 2014
Hello Everyone,
Please could you let me know if any of you have gone through the process of extending the Visitor Visa beyond 6 months (visitor record) for your parents while they wait for their PPR/PR approval process to complete?
Thanks for your help!!

Sashti23

May 31, 2022
Thank you so much for sharing your inputs. The letter said send web form for address update within 5 days whereas there is 30 days time for passport submission that’s why my husband submitted the webform yesterday for address update. Can my MIL travel to India now to submit the passport to Vfs and complete he process there?
please can some one let me know if you or some one you know in a similar situation. Is travelling to home country allowed after we submitted address update in webform ? Thank you

jayuthaker

Mar 24, 2022
please can some one let me know if you or some one you know in a similar situation. Is travelling to home country allowed after we submitted address update in webform ? Thank you
kind of a similar situation to mine. Parents will be traveling back home at the beginning of January 23. Till then, eagerly waiting for the virtual landing request. I submitted a webform earlier when they landed (around 2 months ago) and still received a PPR.

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
Hi
I (principal applicant) have been through similar situation. I was in Canada on visitor visa when I got PPR and my spouse was back home in India. On receipt of PPR I submitted webform for change of address and requested for virtual landing. Getting no response I preponed my return journey and submitted our passports at VFS New Delhi. On 9th November 2022, we collected our visa stamped passports with copr. Hope this may help.

sch93

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Hello everyone,

Can someone please advise:

1. I had gotten a new birth certificate last year as my original birth certification from India didn't have my name (only showed my parents name). So, should I only include my new birth certificate from 2021 or both? Should I provide a letter of explanation in my application?

2. Should I include Adhar card information under IMM0008 National Identity? If yes, what should I put for expiration date as adhar card doesn't have expiry date but the online application has expiration date as mandatory field.

Thanks all in advance.

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
hi... Does anyone know how to book appointment at VFS center from India. I was getting access denied for the page when I selected country India on vfsglobal.com.. Then after several attempts the page opened and when I entered their application number FXXXXXXXXX. i got the message 'Application number is invalid... I selected "Permanent Residence Travel document' - is that selection correct?
Hi
Selection of prtd is incorrect rather select "passport submission for permanent residence visa application (family class priority, economic)"
Hope this help.