+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

sara10022

Jun 2, 2022
Guys , a question.
After passport request and visa , how long my parent has time for landing?
Should he land before medical get expired ? (1 Year)
He did his medical on May 2021.

Invitation received 2021 Sept
Submitted - 2021 Oct
medical - 2022 May
Additional document request - 2022 Jun
CSQ: 2022 July

pre-arrival services letter : 2022 Nov

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017

Derricktse

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Just an update. Our parents have finally received the link to complete their virtual landing this morning. We received PPR on Aug 10 and submitted a webform on the same date to ask for virtual landing. We have just completed everything (declared current address and upload photos). Typically how long do we have to wait until we get the COPR?

amo.gev

Aug 3, 2022
Hey guys. So currently I am waiting for the request of passports. My parents both are in Armenia, but my mom needs to fly to USA. Anyone knows if we get the passport request and she will be in the US she can get it done separately there? btw she has a Canadian visitor visa, so I am not sure if they still need her passport or not.

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Anyone who received PPR, could you please confirm if the below status is normal? Most of the items are still in progress.

I am worried because I had earlier requested for virtual landing (via webform), since my parents were travelling to Canada this week. But later on, we decided to delay the travel and get passport stamped in India itself. Now I don't want them to action on the webform I have raised. Hoping the passports get stamped even before IRCC reviews the webform (On an average its taking ~2 weeks to get the passport back).

I received PPR on 1st Nov and submitted passports to VFS on 4th Nov, and the documents are with IRCC New Delhi as of 7th Nov 2022.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • May 29, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
My status is Exactly same On Gckey. But not yet received PPR. We were in Canada on visitor visa . After receiving Pre arrival letter same day 17th Oct we informed the same and our date of returning to india. I.e 2nd Nov. but bad luck No PPR received. Now we are in India.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Need help please!!!

Father and mother got the invite along with my little brothers. However, one brother lives in US. He had a misdemeanour there for drinking underage and his police clearance said he had a crime for that.

during the application we werent sure so we put no in if he convicted or not.

its been all cleared and there is no crime, but what happens now? Will they change their decision? We have all the court documents.

thanks

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Hello Everyone, i received phone call last Friday from immigration. i first thought it could be a fraud call but it was not. they confirmed application no and other details.a lady on the phone told me that we have not submitted the requested form and our deadline for that is approaching. it seems unusual to me to get call from them and our deadline is November 19 because they requested that form on October 19 via email. Are they in rush to finalise our application ? Did anyone else received any call ?
Hello.. call on whose number? Sponsor or parents ? We have also submitted additional documents on 17th Oct through Gckey. Still not received any communication or confirmation . We may also get such fon call so I am asking. As We are in India I will inform my son (sponsor ) about such fon call.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Need help please!!!

Father and mother got the invite along with my little brothers. However, one brother lives in US. He had a misdemeanour there for drinking underage and his police clearance said he had a crime for that.

during the application we werent sure so we put no in if he convicted or not.

its been all cleared and there is no crime, but what happens now? Will they change their decision? We have all the court documents.

thanks
yes criminal under age in US is a criminal offencse but the record wont show a crime ,if it was cleared as you mentioned

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Is there anyone waiting for communication just like me?

I have submitted all the additional docs 1 month back and heard nothing after that.

Reactions: Bhaumik_Patel

sara10022

Jun 2, 2022
Guys , a question.
After passport request and visa , how long my parent has time for landing?
Should he land before medical get expired ? (1 Year)
He did his medical on May 2021.

Invitation received 2021 Sept
Submitted - 2021 Oct
medical - 2022 May
Additional document request - 2022 Jun
CSQ: 2022 July

pre-arrival services letter : 2022 Nov

Any comment ?

I need your help.

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
Anyone who received PPR, could you please confirm if the below status is normal? Most of the items are still in progress.

I am worried because I had earlier requested for virtual landing (via webform), since my parents were travelling to Canada this week. But later on, we decided to delay the travel and get passport stamped in India itself. Now I don't want them to action on the webform I have raised. Hoping the passports get stamped even before IRCC reviews the webform (On an average its taking ~2 weeks to get the passport back).

I received PPR on 1st Nov and submitted passports to VFS on 4th Nov, and the documents are with IRCC New Delhi as of 7th Nov 2022.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • May 29, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi
Gckey status is perfectly normal. Ours is a similar case. The status changes when you submit your passport and they process it. I submitted my passport on 21st October and final decision 'approved' was made on 7th November 2022.

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
Hello.. call on whose number? Sponsor or parents ? We have also submitted additional documents on 17th Oct through Gckey. Still not received any communication or confirmation . We may also get such fon call so I am asking. As We are in India I will inform my son (sponsor ) about such fon call.
i received call on my number. i am co-Sponsor and also representative for in law's application.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
i received call on my number. i am co-Sponsor and also representative for in law's application.
That will be the second time in this forum that i hear that someone is receiving a call following up on documents that IRCC is waiting for .while some people didnt get a single reply ,or people that wait for hours on the phone without anyone answering them ,or a whole application returned for one single document .Are we living in the same country ...!!!!! @thebassi35 good for you ...