+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Kar1205

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
Did you get one request letter under the principal applicant? or two separate letters for the father & mother?
Just one, addresing the Primary applicant.
One letter should be sufficite to submit the passports for both parents.
However, there should be two seperate VFS passport submision appoinmnets made.

Derricktse

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
the whole system is overwhelmed and glitches are happening all over the place ,as i mentioned in my case and after all the wait i received one email advising me to check the new status to discover that it says returned ( next to all forms incomplete !!! ) without any explanation ,best or worst part i dont know frankly and while checking the portal after 5 days the portal on its own revert to submitted without having access to a thing .Now is this application doomed or not ... i dont know ,stating these facts to reflect that very few received positive confirmation and good for them ,the rest we are simply waiting ,in your case early morning everyday do not give up try to call because that will be your only resource .
Just want to add another source - reach out to your local federal MP! They have case officers who focus on immigration issues, and they will be able to contact IRCC for you. They were able to help me check on the status for both my citizenship a couple of years ago and parents' PR application a few weeks ago.

Reactions: MAMV

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hi ,

I have recently submitted the form for my parents this year . I just realize that IMM 5768 Financial Evaluation form should be electronically signed . When i was filling out this form i was not able to click in that Underline of the signature and type the name so i printed out the form and me and my wife have signed the form and we uploaded the file . Do you think this is not the correct process , Do you think our file will come back for this reason ?

Thanks
Here is what Guide says but i was not aware about buying a Adobe and sign the form so we manually sigh it .

The sponsor must fill out the following PDF forms below and;

• electronically sign the forms unless advised to print them and sign by hand

Last edited:

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Good morning everyone, my parents received medical request yesterday a week after I received my sponsor approval letter and file transferred to London office. They have biometrics done before for visitor visa.

So, right now I am wondering about the next step after medical examination done. Do they need to do Police clearance certificate next? Or since they have the biometrics in the system, the immigration officer will do the background check by themselves?
They can still ask for Police Clearance. Thanks.

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Mid August we received PCC/Medical and pre arrival letter all at the same week. I just called IRCC this morning and they confirmed the background check has completed.
What does the online status state about this? Completed background check?

Thanks.

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Hi ,

I have recently submitted the form for my parents this year . I just realize that IMM 5768 Financial Evaluation form should be electronically signed . When i was filling out this form i was not able to click in that Underline of the signature and type the name so i printed out the form and me and my wife have signed the form and we uploaded the file . Do you think this is not the correct process , Do you think our file will come back for this reason ?

Thanks
Here is what Guide says but i was not aware about buying a Adobe and sign the form so we manually sigh it .

The sponsor must fill out the following PDF forms below and;

• electronically sign the forms unless advised to print them and sign by hand
I'm assuming you're referring to IMM5768 Section 8. I had no issues with that because I had printed the form and signed it. I received the Sponsorship Approval email.

GusCAN

Apr 25, 2022
Good morning everyone, my parents received medical request yesterday a week after I received my sponsor approval letter and file transferred to London office. They have biometrics done before for visitor visa.

So, right now I am wondering about the next step after medical examination done. Do they need to do Police clearance certificate next? Or since they have the biometrics in the system, the immigration officer will do the background check by themselves?
They can still ask for the PPC, and if I were you I'd send it upfront. That way when they get to your file again, there is nothing else missing and hopefully your parents get approval faster.

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
Just one, addresing the Primary applicant.
One letter should be sufficite to submit the passports for both parents.
However, there should be two seperate VFS passport submision appoinmnets made.
Hi
There is nothing to be worried. PPR is addressed to the principal applicant only. While booking the VFS appointment for passport submission it will ask for number of applications. In my case I put it 2 and after filling the particulars of principal applicant , uploaded the PPR copy. Thereafter it prompts for the particulars of the second person and after filling the particulars of the dependent (spouse), I once again uploaded the same copy of the PPR and submitted. Within a few minutes I got 2 messages as well as 2 emails confirming the appointment. We submitted both the passports on the appointed date. I would like to add that in New Delhi VFS appointments are available for next day or 3rd day so plan accordingly. Hope this will help you.

Reactions: YVR123

bkbbh

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hi All. Can I know which month applications for pgp21 being processed right now. I applied in Dec 2021 but donot know the status.

Son gill

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello everyone..after submitting webform last week for parents address change i got an an email today saying their application processing Center changed to Vancouver..is it because they are here in Canada now?..does it mean anything?
Anyone?

ZAS111

Feb 20, 2020

Hi,

I received medical request last week for my mother from Vancouver office. This week I received pre arrival letter from London office. They didn’t request fingerprints as I think they are using the fingerprints from visit visa application 2 years ago.
They have not requested police report till now and it says background check is still in process.
I am not sure about the next steps, probably they will request police report or any other document.

Sashti23

May 31, 2022
Hello friends need your advise again. My mom applied for temporary resident visa online in March 2020 which was pending all these years due to pandemic closures. As I mentioned earlier, we got invited for pgp on September 2021 and got everything done; currently waiting for pre arrival or passport request.
My question is my mom got a original passport request in her gckey for her temporary resident visa on October 26. Should I contact IRCC regarding this application with an explanation letter?

when we applied for pr, I read in guide somewhere that Ircc will automatically cancel any irrelevant application but looks like that’s not the case. Can I state the visa application number and say we have a pr application in progress and do not need the Temporary resident visa at this time? Or submit the original passport just for my mom as requested and then proceed for both mom and dad when we receive the PPR? My mom is the principal applicant for PR that’s why I am hesitant to submit her passport for temporary visa now. Has anyone of you been in a similar situation? Thank you for your valuable input.

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Can anyone please help me link my application for my mom and dad my husband is my cosigner i have Aor