+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
i know right? It is clearly stated notes will be released within 30 days. Such a relief I got PPR not long afterwards, save me the hustle to go after those notes. I wonder when they will suddenly pop up in my email.
I would highly recommend anyone to order notes from CBSA, not IRCC. Read on if you want to know my mistake.
So I ordered notes from CBSA early July, mistakenly uploaded the consent form from IRCC. About 3 weeks later, CBSA emailed me, asking for the right consent form. (right within the 30 day mark) Since my parents are not fan of scanners or emails or anything digital, I decided to submit again to IRCC on Aug 3, with the IRCC consent form on hand. And voila, dead silence since then. I can't help but wonder what if I went the extra mile to teach my parents again to sign the correct form, scan and email. Maybe I would have got the notes. To me CBSA is more responsive and reachable.
i know right? It is clearly stated notes will be released within 30 days. Such a relief I got PPR not long afterwards, save me the hustle to go after those notes. I wonder when they will suddenly pop up in my email.
I would highly recommend anyone to order notes from CBSA, not IRCC. Read on if you want to know my mistake.
So I ordered notes from CBSA early July, mistakenly uploaded the consent form from IRCC. About 3 weeks later, CBSA emailed me, asking for the right consent form. (right within the 30 day mark) Since my parents are not fan of scanners or emails or anything digital, I decided to submit again to IRCC on Aug 3, with the IRCC consent form on hand. And voila, dead silence since then. I can't help but wonder what if I went the extra mile to teach my parents again to sign the correct form, scan and email. Maybe I would have got the notes. To me CBSA is more responsive and reachable.
We requested GCMC yesterday !
what is CBSA?!

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
hi everyone,

i applied for my parents on dec 6,2021
A email was received on june 9,2022 where they gave the application # and also asked for imm5748 if not submitted earlier.
so i sent the same form which i submitted with application.
After that I didnt hear back anything.
my dad didnt have last name so I cant even check the application status online.
his given name is of two words so i used those two words in family name but even then I cant get the ecas status.

any suggestions ?
for me Ecas never work but you can try to link link your application to GC KEY account.

Invutae

Jul 5, 2022
For police certificate,
Where should the police office send it to? I received the request letter for police certificate and the letter states that it should be sent to the stated office but there’s none. (Except at the bottom right; my processing office address I supposed)

(#300 - 2 Robert Speck Parkway, Mississauga, Ontario)

Do I send it there? The Hong Kong officers has no clue where to send. One asked if they should send to processing office while the other said they will send to the Consulate of Canada in Hong Kong.

I’ve them send to Mississauga. Will there a problem? Thanks

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hello all,
I have some issues with my father’s election card and I am very concerned if that will affect the file.

The gender in my father’s election is ‘female’ and we have applied for the corrections but haven’t heard back from the election admin office. They just gave the some reference number.

on the online portal it is not showing because my election card is older than 2017. We didn’t realize this mistake in card until now when I saw it while submitting. I am not very concerned if it will affect my parents file.
Anyone who know about this or have been through please guide what to do in this case?
Your help is much appreciated
I believe as a sponsor; you have to submit your voter card. You have your father's name on your voter card as proof of the relationship. Can you please confirm why you are submitting your father's voter card?

KasKasmo

Oct 14, 2022
I recently received invitation to apply for my mum under parent and grandparents sponsorship. I will be getting married to my long distance boyfriend early next year and after our wedding I intend to sponsor him immediately to come to Canada as my spouse

My question: If I sponsor my mum under the parent and grandparent sponsorship this year, will that hinder me from sponsoring my spouse next year under the spousal sponsorship?

Thanks

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I got initiation to sponsor my mother but the invite pdf mentions my spouse name. Not sure if that is ok. He will be my co-sponsor.

Thanks
H

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
I recently received invitation to apply for my mum under parent and grandparents sponsorship. I will be getting married to my long distance boyfriend early next year and after our wedding I intend to sponsor him immediately to come to Canada as my spouse

My question: If I sponsor my mum under the parent and grandparent sponsorship this year, will that hinder me from sponsoring my spouse next year under the spousal sponsorship?

Thanks
No not at all but when you will sponsor your spouse next year you have to mention in the application that you sponsor your mom. And your income will be calculate inculde you, your mom and spouse.
Back in 2005 I sponsor my parents and i got marry in 2007 so when i was filed application for sponsor my spouse I had to include my parents information.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
I believe as a sponsor; you have to submit your voter card. You have your father's name on your voter card as proof of the relationship. Can you please confirm why you are submitting your father's voter card?
they sent letter asking for my parent’s id.

the message is as below.
112xxxxxxx - SHAILESH BABULAL SHAH:
> Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and
Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.

I submitted this docs for both my parents.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi

I got initiation to sponsor my mother but the invite pdf mentions my spouse name. Not sure if that is ok. He will be my co-sponsor.

Thanks
H
If you are sponsoring your mom then your name should me in PDF letter. Maybe when you submit invitation you filled wrong name in sponsor name.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Reposting here as this thread is read by people who have already experienced the following situation:

Hi,

I am reading the guide for PGP application, mainly to see how passport should be uploaded. It reads as follow

Passports
  • Copies of passports for people being sponsored should include all the pages.
  • Copies of the sponsor’s and co-signer’s passport should include the pages showing the passport number, issue and expiry dates, photo, name, surname, and place and date of birth.
  • You don’t need to get translations for the stamps in passports.

Here, the term "Passports" is used for the principle applicant, and/or accompany dependent(s). I am trying to understand what does that mean. Are we suppose to submit the current valid passport that we will be using to travel Canada, once PR is approved. Or we have to include all the passports that are in our possession, such as expired passport(s), valid passport(s) from other counties, for people with multiple nationalities, other than to be used to travel Canada?

Any comments or experience?

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hi all,

2nd PCC submitted on July 28th.
Recieved PR approval email today. Parents are in Canada on supervisa. Hope this helps. Thanks!
Hey, Just for my knowledge, can you please share the reason why you had to submit the PCC for the second time?

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Reposting here as this thread is read by people who have already experienced the following situation:

Hi,

I am reading the guide for PGP application, mainly to see how passport should be uploaded. It reads as follow

Passports
  • Copies of passports for people being sponsored should include all the pages.
  • Copies of the sponsor’s and co-signer’s passport should include the pages showing the passport number, issue and expiry dates, photo, name, surname, and place and date of birth.
  • You don’t need to get translations for the stamps in passports.

Here, the term "Passports" is used for the principle applicant, and/or accompany dependent(s). I am trying to understand what does that mean. Are we suppose to submit the current valid passport that we will be using to travel Canada, once PR is approved. Or we have to include all the passports that are in our possession, such as expired passport(s), valid passport(s) from other counties, for people with multiple nationalities, other than to be used to travel Canada?

Any comments or experience?
You have to upload valid one for people being sponsored and sponsor and co signer.