+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Finally got medical exams requested for my parents. It is weird how long it takes between processes. I'm assuming that the process now should be concluded soon, since the exams are valid for a year only, I'm guessing I should see the end of it before then. Does anyone know if this logic has any truth in my view?
Fairly typical to have to redo the medical another time. IRCC likely wants to identify potential medical problems that could be expensive to treat or that require treatment in home country before being considered like TB before going through all the processing for nothing. There are a few lucky people who get fast processing times but the general estimate is around 3 years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@druid2010 @Amolak817 @anees28991 @quujaz
guys don't worry about status showing "returned". It won't change soon. As long as you have submitted requested documents then "all is well".
I was requested IMM5406 in April and at that time status changed from Submitted to Returned. As of now after that I received Biometric request, sponsorship approval and medical request; still on PR portal status says "returned".
In my theory, IRCC is using PR portal just as a platform for application submission and they don't bother much once application is submitted.
It is sponsor approval not sponsorship approval. Sponsor approval means that you meet LICO, you don’t have a criminal record, etc.

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
I submitted it on 12th Nov 2021 and received the file number on March 14th, 2022 by email saying my file has been transferred to Vancouver for further verification. since then NO news at all, I am checking GCKey every single day. Yesterday sent by WebForm informing them that my both parents are now here in Canada on Visitor Visa.
Finally, today received the email about doing Medical for my parents, can someone recommend Doctor for Medical, in the Mississauga or Brampton area. Thanks.

Reactions: kuldip25

Amolak817

Jun 16, 2022
It happened to me. Requested for additional doc on January 22nd and was submitted immediately. Status showed returned for a long time, finally changed to submitted on August 1st.
Have you heard back for Biometric or Medical? If yes, when? Thank you for sharing the timeline.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Hi everyone..
I Submitted PGP application in November 2021.
In May 2022 I received an email asking to send additional document from IRCC.
In May 2022 I sent them documents through email indicated in the letter.
I haven’t received any update yet or confirmation from them that documents they asked have been received?

Has anyone received an update once they submitted additional documents as requested to IRCC?
I submitted PGP application in Oct 2021, and got an additional doc request on May 4th, 2022 and submitted the docs on the same day.
On August 16th, I got a notification from GCkey saying they started to review the additional documents I submitted.

Reactions: sureshcoim

segi2022

Mar 13, 2022
I have received a medical request for my parents and my brother. Now, i am confuse about my brother medical request. what should i do in this situation? is it mandatory for my brother to do a medical exam? He is not dependent on my father. My brother is married and he is 38 year old.

Jatinmittal

Aug 18, 2022
Did you update parents address? if not updated then update the address via web form. After that CIC will send you instruction for virtual landing.
I also received passport request while parents are here in Canada on super visa. Filled the web form to update address and do virtual landing. DO you know how long it will take for them to rspond? Any email address where i can send updated address. ?

@Son gill @Heli darji

Jatinmittal

Aug 18, 2022
I received passport request while parents are here in Canada on super visa. Filled the web form to update address and do virtual landing. DO you know how long it will take for them to respond? Any email address where i can send updated address. ?

itralala

Aug 21, 2020
We have an update! Parent is in Canada (Ontario) on super visa so Biometrics are still valid.

============================
Submitted application: Oct 24
Ghost update: Jan 10
Linked application (GCkey): Jan 28
Met eligibility as a Sponsor email: March 3 <= File transferred to Vancouver Immigration Office
Medical Request: Aug 15 <= NEW
============================

I'm worried that there is no PCC request yet.

Chu2017

Apr 13, 2017
Hello everyone. Application submitted in Nov 15, no ghost update or sponsor email. However linked application in May and medical received this week. There is no sponsor eligibility email or any other correspondence apart from medical. biometrics already completed because of visitor visa. When should we expect sponsor email?

Nayan Patel

Aug 2, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I got the following email from CIC office mentioning if I have not submitted Form IMM 5768 with my application, I need to submit this. I submitted this form with the original application. Questions:

1. Do I need to submit this again? Please note, both the biometric is done and medical passed. I have not received any email after that (the online status shows Medical passed and biometric received).
2. How long normally it takes to get the AOR after medical and biometric is done?

Thanks!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Dear My Name:

This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):

My Parents Names

Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:

- A completed and signed authorization form –
IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Did you submit it again? I got same email today.

Nayan Patel

Aug 2, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I got the following email from CIC office mentioning if I have not submitted Form IMM 5768 with my application, I need to submit this. I submitted this form with the original application. Questions:

1. Do I need to submit this again?

Thanks!

Dear My Name:

This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):

My Parents Names

Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:

- A completed and signed authorization form –
IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.