+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

JUNB

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
Dear JUNB,
I encountered another issue. I have recently received another email from IRCC, in which I should fill out two additional documents for my sister, who is 47 years old and is not a dependent child of my father; for his sponsorship I applied.
These two documents are IMM 5669 and additional family info IMM 5406E.
Do you think there isn't any mistake? Or misunderstanding?
I think IRCC wants to evaluate the eligibility of my sister for permanent residence in Canada under the category of parents' sponsorship, while she is not a dependent family member.
What do you think? Did you fill out these forms for all of your parents' children regardless of their dependency?
I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Did you include your sister as a dependent in both IMM5406 and IMM5669, if so, you have to comply . In my case, the only dependent in my app is my wife. That is why they ask to complete the missing info on the IMM5406 and IMM5669 for me and my wife.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Update

Application Date: 6 Oct 2021
GC Key linked: 17 Jan 2022
Medical Request: 28 Jan 2022
Medicals Completed: 18 Feb 2022
Medical Exam passed: 28 Feb 2022
Additional docs requested: 2 May 2022 (Voter ID, Aadhar card, School certificates)
Sponsor Approval: No
Access to ecas: No
Parents: Not in Canada

Invitation to pre-arrival services: 5 Aug 2022

Can anyone kindly help me to understand if there is any action required from my end ? Also what to expect next ?

Thank you.
congratulations almost there.
did you submit additional docs on gckey? what is your status under review of additional documents? Eligibility and background check?

Reactions: Bhaumik_Patel

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Dear JUNB,
I encountered another issue. I have recently received another email from IRCC, in which I should fill out two additional documents for my sister, who is 47 years old and is not a dependent child of my father; for his sponsorship I applied.
These two documents are IMM 5669 and additional family info IMM 5406E.
Do you think there isn't any mistake? Or misunderstanding?
I think IRCC wants to evaluate the eligibility of my sister for permanent residence in Canada under the category of parents' sponsorship, while she is not a dependent family member.
What do you think? Did you fill out these forms for all of your parents' children regardless of their dependency?
I really appreciate any help you can provide.
It would be better if you post part of the request letter. so to understand what they are requesting exactly.
short answer is NO. you don't provide these forms for adult, independent children. they cannot get PR through your parents application so they don't need these forms. but you need to include them on your parents 5406.
did you include your sister in your father's IMM0008?(EDIT: to be clear, you should not include her in IMM0008) this is the framework for them to count how many ppl(PA and dependants) to be included in this application before further access eligibility. It can also be a mistake on their side. Anyways a letter of explanation should solve it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chintan.patel

amyn27

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
congratulations almost there.
did you submit additional docs on gckey? what is your status under review of additional documents? Eligibility and background check?
Thanks @kafepoche. Yes I was able to upload the additional docs from GC key within one week after request. It says "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded". The status of eligibility and background still says under review and in process.

Do you know if any action is required from my end in response to pre-arrival letter. It seems like a generic letter.

Thank you

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Thanks @kafepoche. Yes I was able to upload the additional docs from GC key within one week after request. It says "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded". The status of eligibility and background still says under review and in process.

Do you know if any action is required from my end in response to pre-arrival letter. It seems like a generic letter.

Thank you
No, nothing from your end. pre-arrival is just a notice. some possible services you can check out for your parents as new immigrants.

I uploaded docs in May, almost the same timeline as yours. Since then the status has been "uploaded", until yesterday, it changed to "Not Applicable".

If anyone has any theory about this "Not Applicable" please let me know. Appreciate it. I did a little search on my own but nothing conclusive.

Reactions: amyn27

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017

amo.gev

Aug 3, 2022
Hi all, Could you please let me know if liking the application to GC-Key is a must? I didn't link it and it doesn't work for me. I am receiving all the papers by email so far and not sure if I missed something because I didn't link my application to GC- Key. This is what I got so far
Applied October 19, 2021
March 25 - Confirmation that the application was received
June 2 - Biometric letter
June 9 - I was approved as a sponsor
Aug 3 - Letter for Medical exam
Aug 4 - Invitation for pre-arrival services.

Am I missing something in between? Do you know what is the next step?

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hi all, Could you please let me know if liking the application to GC-Key is a must? I didn't link it and it doesn't work for me. I am receiving all the papers by email so far and not sure if I missed something because I didn't link my application to GC- Key. This is what I got so far
Applied October 19, 2021

Congratulations as your file moving forward rapidly...
Linking to GCKEY is not mandatory. It is just more detailed explanation of what is the overall look of your file. You can see details in more enhance.

Reactions: kafepoche

amo.gev

Aug 3, 2022
Congratulations as your file moving forward rapidly...
Linking to GCKEY is not mandatory. It is just more detailed explanation of what is the overall look of your file. You can see details in more enhance.
Thank you! I wish I could do it so I could see what's happening there :) SO the next step is the police certificate? Do you know? In my case Medical exam was the last step, that's why I am confused.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Thank you! I wish I could do it so I could see what's happening there :) SO the next step is the police certificate? Do you know? In my case Medical exam was the last step, that's why I am confused.
You still can link your application to GCKEY.
Most probably PCC is next step and if they require anything else; they will send you detailed letter.

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022

Thank you

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
We received sponsorship approval letter on July 28th which included a generic statement where they asked us to send any document which we didn't send before and it also included the police certificate. I have then requested the applicants back home to get the police certificate ready.

Is it ok to send the police certificates without a formal letter requesting it?

Timeline:
Sponsorship Approval: July 28th 2022
Biometrics Done: July 28th 2022
Biometrics requested: July 20th 2022
Option-C printout submitted: July 13th 2022
Option-C printout requested: July 27th 2022
GCKey application linked: June 28th 2022
Ghost Email: June 23rd 2022
IMM5669 submitted: April 11th 2022
IMM5669 requested: April 1st 2022
Application submitted: Oct 19th 2021

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Actually, based on my experience, it is very clear how are they adding our applications to their system. So for my parents' file, when I linked my application to the IRCC portal I got to know that they misspelled the names in the system and also got biometrics and medical requests with incorrect names. I had all the screenshots of the forms that we submitted online and I can confirmed that we submitted them correctly. So I have a feeling that they link/transfer into the their system manually from the portal where we submitted our files (it might not be 100% manual process of transferring uploaded files and whatnot though)
all the applications are entered for sure not based only on what we filled on the online applications ,one example the reference to confirm the right way of writing a name is a legal document and shouldn't be an application ,a passport as an example or a birth certificate and here comes the human error while copying or transferring the information ,the fact that you can access your application means its in process and not a temporary file nor returned ,good catch your findings about the wrong spelling and hope you where able to communicate it to IRCC .its going to be a long road but we will get there ..Patience is our only key

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
Applied October 19, 2021

What about PCC~