+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Friends,
I am waiting for parental sponsor program to accept new application since end of 2020 to apply the permanent residence for my father. I heard it may re-opened by end of this year. If you can just let me know what all docs needed and approx. time frame.

My case : My mother recently passes away so I just have my father only and now he is just by himself. His age is 60+ and has visitor visa and have travelled few time into Canada for short trips (around 1 month). Someone also said if CIC wont take new application for parental sponsorship this year, I should look into other options like applying under humanitarian ground. Don't know much about this process so if anyone can let me know.

Thank You.
I think you can look into super visa for now. He is only 60 and if you want him to stay longer without waiting for the long process of PGP 2022/2023, supervisa will let him stay in Canada with you. (with proper supervisa medical coverage)

Nayan Patel

Aug 2, 2022
Hi guys— just now checked - the app now shows “submitted” after re-submitting requested documents. Case Status id '7' as per F12.
Any suggestions/ timelines on what next?

PGP 2021
Application Submitted: 6 Dec 2021
Ghost email: None
Add. Documents requested: April 21, 2022
Documents Submitted: April 22, 2022

Also, I am unable to link application to cic account, have tried all possible ways, please advise

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hi guys— just now checked - the app now shows “submitted” after re-submitting requested documents. Case Status id '7' as per F12.
Any suggestions/ timelines on what next?

PGP 2021
Application Submitted: 6 Dec 2021
Ghost email: None
Add. Documents requested: April 21, 2022
Documents Submitted: April 22, 2022

Also, I am unable to link application to cic account, have tried all possible ways, please advise
Hi Nayan,
Next step will be Biometric, I would say wait till biometrics letter to link an application to GCKEY.

Reactions: Nayan Patel

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Hi everyone - What's the next step after Biometric and Medical? Thanks!

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Am I or my parents going to get any email from CIC that will confirm they passed the medical? I got one from the physician's office with the detail of the testing results. Thanks!

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Hello Friends,
I am waiting for parental sponsor program to accept new application since end of 2020 to apply the permanent residence for my father. I heard it may re-opened by end of this year. If you can just let me know what all docs needed and approx. time frame.

My case : My mother recently passes away so I just have my father only and now he is just by himself. His age is 60+ and has visitor visa and have travelled few time into Canada for short trips (around 1 month). Someone also said if CIC wont take new application for parental sponsorship this year, I should look into other options like applying under humanitarian ground. Don't know much about this process so if anyone can let me know.

Thank You.
Am I or my parents going to get any email from CIC that will confirm they passed the medical? I got one from the physician's office with the detail of the testing results. Thanks!
check Gckey everyday.. normally after medical Hospital uploads reports within 10 working days..

User1982

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
Doc's Request.
13-05-2016 rcmp
AOR Received.
5-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
Reactions: JUNB

User1982

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
Doc's Request.
13-05-2016 rcmp
AOR Received.
5-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
What does 7 mean? how do you get this through F12?
press F12 key before opening the application status is browser and then check the case id etc in right side window .

Reactions: sami85

hassan905

May 7, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July 2014
Nomination.....
25th Nov 2014(PER)
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
applied october 10th no update so far !! anyone in same boat ?

nostartnoend

Feb 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am 2021 September PGP applicant. My mom did her first medical exam in April and sputum culture test & 2nd X ray last month (July 2022). After the 2nd X ray the panel physician suggested her to go to a local hospital to further check her lung. Non-small cell lung cancer was discovered and she completed a surgery immediately. Now we got the report with staging (Stage IA, T1N0M0) and indicating no further treatment is required.

Should I inform the panel physician/IRCC now? Or provide more up to date prognosis when asked?

Anyone who know people with similar experience?

EhsanS

Jul 11, 2020
Hi everyone, after a year waiting, today we received emails that my parents should go for medical examination, but they also send the same requests for my brothers who are not included in this sponsorship program and both are over 18. Any idea whether it is a systematic issue or from every parents, they also need to check their children's health status? Please share if you have the same experience. If not, to whom should I contact to resolve the problem?

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Anyone from India who uploaded PCC what was the expiry date selected?
6 months (link - India PCC Validity) - "The PCC is valid for a period of 6 months and can be applied before if there is any expectation of its requirement for PR or renewal of work permit/study permit, etc."

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hi everyone, after a year waiting, today we received emails that my parents should go for medical examination, but they also send the same requests for my brothers who are not included in this sponsorship program and both are over 18. Any idea whether it is a systematic issue or from every parents, they also need to check their children's health status? Please share if you have the same experience. If not, to whom should I contact to resolve the problem?
Per my understanding, at the time the application was submitted; as long as they are below 22years, are unmarried and not in a common law relationship they are considered dependant for immigration purposes and must do medicals regardless if they are non accompanying.