+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Oct 14, 2021
My email starts with the following sentence:
"This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):"

They also mentioned submitting the IMM 5768 form, if not already included. I already submitted form 5768 with my original application in November, so I believe I don't have to submit anything right now.
Thank you very much. This is all I wanted to confirm. Wasn't sure about the 5768 document submission part. At peace now. Thank you!!

Oct 14, 2021
Can someone teach me how to link the application to GCkey? Thanks in advance.
Create an account at the CICC website ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html ) and link using either the UCI, Application # or applicant details. I tried with the applicant details as the UCI and application number was not matching any documents. Also, at the bottom, where it asks for number of people, make sure you add the PA, dependents (if any) and the sponsor and co-signer (if any).

Eg; in my case, it was my father-in-law (PA), his wife (dependent), my wife (sponsor) and myself (co-signer). So total was 4. Hope this helps.

Reactions: wvo2017

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hi everyone, My parents received the passport request on July7th. They are currently in canada on visitors visa and have return tickets booked for 2nd August. I already raised the webform on 7th July itself stating if they can do the virtual landing. No reply there yet. Tried called the CIC helpline a lot many times;could not get through an agent. Any idea what is the current timeline for getting a reply on the webform. CPC office : missisauga
sometimes they are quick at responding webforms for virtual landing, especially if you have already updated the residential address to Canada before you raise the virtual landing request. If you haven't update the address yet, and judging from the fact that your parents plan to leave soon, I would suggest you ask for PPR extension thru webform, so they can go back to home country as scheduled and submit passport for stamping there. (There is no need to wait for confirmation for PPR extension. Usually they are lenient for several days delay out of the 30 day window.) After stamping they will need to land again within COPR validity, so probably another trip to Canada in the near future. This can be a fallback plan in case virtual landing instructions don't come in before your parents leave Canada.
So basically 2 routes you need to pick from. Wait here until the virtual landing comes in (who knows how long. and you need to seriously push them, call, webform, MP etc) or extend PPR and have passport stamped.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
I am not sure what to do. Getting very frustrated. since I submitted my parents application on 01 Oct 2021, I have not received a single update. Nothing...complete silence. File is untouched.

My parents are here in Canada with me and getting irritated with the process and want to go back before the winters. I understand the processing time of 35 months but if I know our file is being looked at … will feel a little better :(
if it is any consolation, the processing time posted is just what IRCC gather from past cases that have concluded in a rolling window. It is in no way a prediction and they don't give predictions anymore. There are many 2019 cases being concluded at the moment, so adding a lot of samples of more than 3 years processing time, dragging down the average. don't be discouraged by the numbers.

homeincanada

Jul 27, 2022
Application date 06/10/2021
Medical,pcc, upfront.Addtional documents aadhar,voter id, renewal of passport request 10/06/2022.PR approval Principal applicant and dependent 25/06/2022.ECoPR 29/06/2022.Today PRCard.
Would you please provide the timeline in more detail...?

Biometric, Medical, PCC, passed separate dates and PPR exact date...

Last edited:
Reactions: kuldip25

M.Prasla

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
Hi guys, Finally, I just received the AOR for my Parents under Parents and GrandParents sponsorship. I noticed, the AOR has My UCI number. Is that normal? Also, my parents file has been forwarded to Vancouver Immigration office, however, I lived in Ontario, is this ok?

Reactions: Mojojo

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hi guys, Finally, I just received the AOR for my Parents under Parents and GrandParents sponsorship. I noticed, the AOR has My UCI number. Is that normal? Also, my parents file has been forwarded to Vancouver Immigration office, however, I lived in Ontario, is this ok?

Yes - AOR will have your UCI and not your parents (at least in my case).

Yes - Your file could be transferred anywhere on earth regardless of you and/or your parents location.

Something that may help you on your journey is to search this site for your questions before posting as most times the questions have been answer multiple times.

Hope this helps.

jayuthaker

Mar 24, 2022
I received Sponsor approval today. In March submited optic c (2018,2019,2020) and financial evalution from, April submitted proof of relationship between sponsor and applicant. Biomatric done on June 30, 2022.
Received sponsor approval after one month of Biomatric.
I also received a sponsor approval letter (Email) today. Now booking an appointment for PCC.

Reactions: Chintan.patel

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Quick update:
I also received sponsor's approval today (looks like multiple of us received it today.. GREAT :)) File transferred to Vancouver office.

Reactions: jayuthaker

M.Prasla

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
Same here file transferred to Vancover office. now waiting for medical request. parents are in canada.
Hi, I also got this morning, what should we expecting after the AOR, would it be Biometric or medical? I can not linked my Parents' application, therefore, I can not see the status of the application.

M.Prasla

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
Quick update:
I also received sponsor's approval today (looks like multiple of us received it today.. GREAT :)) File transferred to Vancouver office.
Awesome! Chintan, could you please help me with the gc link, I tried every possible combination while linking the application but I haven't got any success yet.