+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, I submitted the application for my parents on Nov 28 last year. I received an email to submit additional documents in April. They gave me 30 days time to submit the additional documents and the status of the online application changed to 'Returned'. I provided the documents they requested within 30 days. The status changed to 'Submitted' after more than a month of the submission of the documents.

What is the next step now? How long it might take to process the application?
You have to wait until your application is essentially processed again. Processing times for PGP is around 3 years so there will be long periods of time where you hear nothing.

Reactions: sami85

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

For my parents' sponsorship application, we just got medical exam requests and completed the exams. For the next steps, what will my parents need to prepare in terms of paperwork? They are planning a longish trip to visit us on travel visas. What paperwork should they get done in the home country before the trip? I know we'll need police clearance certificates, anything else?

Thanks in advance! Super helpful forum!
All you need is PCC. They may need further medical testing depending on their medical results. That can be done anywhere in the world although it is much more costly in some parts of the world. The majority of the time they will just be waiting. PGP is a very long process

sami85

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE > MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with appilcation
Med's Request
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
19-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
You have to wait until your application is essentially processed again. Processing times for PGP is around 3 years so there will be long periods of time where you hear nothing.

Good news...I received an email on Friday evening from CIC after submitting my comment here. I think it's an AOR.

It says "This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):"

It only has my father's name. He is the principal applicant of this application and my mother is his dependent, probably that's why right?
Any idea how long it takes usually to get the medical request after the AOR?

They also mentioned: "Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents
and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number."

I already submitted form 5768 with my original application in November, I don't have to do anything right now, just wait for the next step right?

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Hello All,
How do we know that medical has been submitted to IRCC from panel physician?
Do we receive any email from IRCC or message in GC Key account and when?
Thank you.
Hello Everyone,
No email and no message in GC key for medical. I just checked today and application status was updated. I looked inside and there was a latest update message: Review of medical results passed. I hope to get next email for PCC request soon.

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Hello Everyone,
No email and no message in GC key for medical. I just checked today and application status was updated. I looked inside and there was a latest update message: Review of medical results passed. I hope to get next email for PCC request soon.
I got PCC request 20 days after ‘medical Passed’

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Hello All,
How do we know that medical has been submitted to IRCC from panel physician?
Do we receive any email from IRCC or message in GC Key account and when?
Thank you.
Just check Gckey status every day.. after medical normally hospital upload reports in one week .. then one week to update status in Gckey.. actually they should send messages/email for status updates. In my case i didn’t received any email . My medical done on 1st June and medical passé status on 15th June.

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Hello Everyone,

Need to check if I am doing it right. My parents have completed their biometric and also completing medical this week. I was trying to see their application status and was trying from here:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

I tried by both UCI and Application Ref but neither of these worked. Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance!

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Sorry to bother everyone again. Normally how long it takes to get the PPR from after medical is done?

Thanks!

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Just check Gckey status every day.. after medical normally hospital upload reports in one week .. then one week to update status in Gckey.. actually they should send messages/email for status updates. In my case i didn’t received any email . My medical done on 1st June and medical passé status on 15th June.
Exactly. I was expecting some kind of communication for confirmation.

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Thanks for detailed answer. I tried UCI number as well, nothing comes up... It seems that my application isn't reviewed at all yet.
For Gckey last question number of persons.. if you are single sponsor then number is your parents +1 you.. if cosponsor then parents +2

readraviteja

Jul 25, 2022
I got PGP invitation in OCT 2021 and submitted documents in Dec 2021. In March i got request to submit the biometrics for my parents and after that they replied that your sponsorship application is approved and application is transferred to Vancouver office. But after this its been 3 months no further update on my application and haven't got medicals and PCC request yet.

But to track the status of application i kept trying to link my application in CIC online and so far always it says details not matching. Can anyone help if you are able to lick FC4 family class category application in online and able to track the status? if so please do help me.

Derricktse

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Hi guys~ I would like to share with you guys..My parents sponsorship submitted in October 2021 has been approved on July 22. I know it sounds crazy....But it did happen so fast~ good luck to everyone!!!!!
Congrats!! You are probably one of the first ones of the 2021 batch.

Would you mind sharing the medical and police cert timeline? And what is your processing office please? Thanks.

kirantejoday

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
26-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
30.03.2015 And 3 rd line update on 08.04.2015
Passport Req..
28.05.2015 and DM on also 28.05.2015
VISA ISSUED...
passport submitted on 3 June and received on 13 June
LANDED..........
Landed in Canada OCT 2015
Hey Guys!!

I have a couple of questions which I'm hoping will be answered here. Questions in red and email reference in green.

1) Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - PGP 2021 AOR Letter
This subject is surprising- I think no one in this forum received the email with above subject line specifically word " AOR Letter".

Got an email recently with this subject line. Is this the AOR that everyone is receiving? The email was about an attachment. Opened the attachment and the details are below;

2) "This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):
XXXXXXXXXX
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:"

Is this something I need to worry about or are they just reminding about the form? I already submitted the form along with the application.

Nothing to worry- this is common when they transfer file to local visa office.

3) I previously received another email with a missing signature in a document, which I submitted in a couple of days. This was about a month ago. But, the portal still shows as returned and hasn't been updated since I sent the missing document. Does the portal reflect the current status of the application accurately?

Check GCKey account. PR Portal will say nothing new.

4) The email I received recently, point 1, has a UCI and application number in the attachment, point 2. But, when I try to track the application using these numbers, nothing shows up. Am I doing something wrong? I tried the PA's info, Sponsor's info and representatives info and nothing worked. Tried linking as well and nothing shows up. Please help!!

Try to link in IRCC Portal..family members use different numbers if don't work.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Cheers!!