+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

vishalnune

Jul 31, 2013
Hello everyone,
I received a pre arrival letter on March 17 and information letter on March 20 in my CIC account.
The information letter is confusing, it details about the steps to submit passport, photo requirements etc.
The information letter only has the principal applicant name on it, the dependant name is missing, when I looked the VFS website for passport submission it mentions the letter should match the applicant name.
Does the passport request letter has both principal applicant name and dependent name?
Is information letter same as passport request letter or will I get one more update about passport request letter.

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hello everyone,
Finally I got visa stamping done on my mother’s passport. This group was really helpful in this journey and I will stay around a while to help and provide answers from my experience.
Thanks!
Congratulations!!

Did you submit passports to IRCC Delhi? How long did it take to get the visa stamps?

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hello everyone,
I received a pre arrival letter on March 17 and information letter on March 20 in my CIC account.
The information letter is confusing, it details about the steps to submit passport, photo requirements etc.
The information letter only has the principal applicant name on it, the dependant name is missing, when I looked the VFS website for passport submission it mentions the letter should match the applicant name.
Does the passport request letter has both principal applicant name and dependent name?
Is information letter same as passport request letter or will I get one more update about passport request letter.
This is your passport request. You will not get a separate letter. You should receive letters for all applicants. For me, I received a letter for each person - main applicant and 2 dependents, so 3 in total, each letter has the person’s name and address, etc., on the top.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Hello everyone,
Letter on principal applicant name covers both applicant and any dependent/accompanying member.
No separate letter for dependent . We used same letter for submitting passports of both applicants at VFS and our passports are stamped.

Under Step 2 (a) It says "you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family"-

Later in letter it says "Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member"

Last edited:

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hello everyone,
kindly share your timeline.
1)When did you get the message to submit medical & PCC ?

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Hello everyone,
Have you received any email or just msg in My CIC account??

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Letter on principal applicant name covers both applicant and any dependent/accompanying member.
No separate letter for dependent . We used same letter for submitting passports of both applicants at VFS and our passports are stamped.

Under Step 2 (a) It says "you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family"-

Later in letter it says "Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member"
Hm.. I didn’t notice before that I have both these points mentioned in the letters. I received 3 letters anyway for all three members and sent 3 packages for visa stamping.

Akhanca

Apr 7, 2022
Letter of Invitation: Sep-2021
Application Submitted: OCT2021
Biometric request: N/A (Valid through Visit visa)
AOR: Feb2022
Sponsor Approval: March 2022 and transfer to Vancouver office
Medical Request: Oct 2022
Medical completed: Nov2022
Medical passed: 26th Nov 2022
Received request to submit, landing fee and PCC from UK and Pakistan : 16th Dec2022
Submit landing fee and PCC from Pakistan and request extension for PCC from UK: 20 Dec 2022
Submit PCC from UK: 3 Feb , 2023
Received request to submit Passport: March 15, 2023

Processing Office: CPC-Vancouver

Last edited:
Reactions: ghostk

akriti123

Oct 12, 2017
I am having a baby in March and got sponsor approval already. What are the next steps they will take after in inform them about the birth ?