+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hi all,
I wanted to share my timeline so that it can help someone.

Application submitted- Dec 06,2021
File AOR received: Nov 11.2022
Biometrics request - Feb 03,2023
Biometric submitted - Feb 06.2023
Sponsor approval letter - Feb 23.2023
Medical request- Mar 03, 2023
Medical finished - Mar 07, 2023
Proof of Relationship: PCC, Adhar, Voter Id Request: Mar 09, 2023
Currently waiting for PCC from India (BLS Canada)

This is Mississauga office...

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Wait until birth certificate to send as a proof!
Friendly Advice. Please avoid giving suggestions before proper research.

You do not need to prove anything. IRCC clearly says to INFORM them about any change in circumstances IMMEDIATELY.
Currently its taking around 5 - 6 months to get a Birth certificates.

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Thank you for your kindness. Did all the requests of biometrics, medical test and police check get from emails or from the Gkey account requests? I am still waiting for further notice.

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
This is your passport request. You will not get a separate letter. You should receive letters for all applicants. For me, I received a letter for each person - main applicant and 2 dependents, so 3 in total, each letter has the person’s name and address, etc., on the top.
do they email about it and then when should check our GCKey account for PPR or it will just show up in GCKEY?

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
That i understand but they will check sponsor eligibility again? And take more time for the application?
No one except IRCC can answer that for sure. I have not come across any instances to say one way or the other.

Here's my understanding on the matter:
Sponsor Eligibility is decided based historical NOAs (i.e. last 3 years)
Since the baby is born in 2023, you will need to meet the income requirements for 1 additional family member starting from 2023 which will be declared around early or mid 2024.

Just hope that the application is completed before that.

Having said that, you have signed an undertaking to sponsor for 20 years, so technically if IRCC decides to reassess your income (again never heard of this happening) and if you do not meet the minimum income requirements they can cancel the PR.

Once again, this is my understanding.

akriti123

Oct 12, 2017
No one except IRCC can answer that for sure. I have not come across any instances to say one way or the other.

Here's my understanding on the matter:
Sponsor Eligibility is decided based historical NOAs (i.e. last 3 years)
Since the baby is born in 2023, you will need to meet the income requirements for 1 additional family member starting from 2023 which will be declared around early or mid 2024.

Just hope that the application is completed before that.

Having said that, you have signed an undertaking to sponsor for 20 years, so technically if IRCC decides to reassess your income (again never heard of this happening) and if you do not meet the minimum income requirements they can cancel the PR.

Once again, this is my understanding.
Expllains everything. Thanks a lot.

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
do they email about it and then when should check our GCKey account for PPR or it will just show up in GCKEY?
you generally receive an email that you have registered with GC Key saying you have a message in your GC Key account.
You need to login to the GC key account and read the message there.

Reactions: RRBP

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
I received an email, the passport request letters were attached as word document to it. Nothing came up in gckey except Background check changed to in progress (before it was something along the lines - it has not yet started…) Later in the day I received Pre Arrival in my gckey account.

Reactions: RRBP

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
They send an email to principal applicant email address, indicating new message in our GCC account mailbox and we would need to login to GCC account and download it from there.
It says "We send a message about your application to your account" .......
No harm in directly checking GCC account every few days.

Reactions: jessiezhai

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
They send an email to principal applicant email address, indicating new message in our GCC account mailbox and we would need to login to GCC account and download it from there.
It says "We send a message about your application to your account" .......
No harm in directly checking GCC account every few days.
Thanks!
and do you know usually how long it takes to be received after Pre arrival letter?

vishalnune

Jul 31, 2013
Letter on principal applicant name covers both applicant and any dependent/accompanying member.
No separate letter for dependent . We used same letter for submitting passports of both applicants at VFS and our passports are stamped.

Under Step 2 (a) It says "you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family"-

Later in letter it says "Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member"
Thanks for your response.
I went on VFS website and booked the passport submission. I received one email appointment confirmation for each application. The email specifies that the name on the letter should match the name on email confirmation.
Now my mother's name is not present on the CIC letter. I called the VFS agent in India. The agent told me that the letter should have both the applicant names or else they cannot accept the passport. May be the agent was not completely aware of the situation.
Should go ahead and submit the passport at VFS and see what they have to say?