+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Did your parents stayed more then six months or more in a SINGLE VISIT? if not they do not need to submit the PCC for Malaysia.

Here is what I found in application guide:

"Police certificates
If you and your family members are 18 years of age and older and aren’t permanent residents or Canadian citizens, you must provide a valid police certificate for any country other than Canada in which you spent 6 or more months in a row since the age of 18."

Above is the basic rule for all application, but did not find specific wording for PGP program. So better you double check with IRCC first.
The did stay once for more than 180 days. But if you visit the Malaysian embassy website “https://www.kln.gov.my/web/can_ottawa/other_information/-/asset_publisher/2K2XbgZkf92E/content/application-of-certificate-of-good-conduct-by-foreigner?inheritRedirect=false&redirect=https://www.kln.gov.my/web/can_ottawa/other_information?p_p_id=101_INSTANCE_2K2XbgZkf92E&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_pos=1&p_p_col_count=2”, they clearly mention that they don’t give pcc if the stay wasn’t for a consecutive 12 months.

Excerpt from this link-

Foreigners who wish to apply for CGC MUST have resided in Malaysia for a period of AT LEAST TWELVE (12) CONSECUTIVE MONTHS under long term social visit pass (i.e.: employment pass, student pass, spouse of Malaysian, expatriate pass)

Also the Canadian website “https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/malaysia.html” says to write the same explanation in response when asked for pcc.

Excerpt from this website

Special considerations
If you have not lived in Malaysia for 1 year or more, you are not required to provide a Malaysian police certificate.

If you are asked for a police certificate from Malaysia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Malaysia because certificates are only available to people who have lived in Malaysia for 1 year or more.”
To be safe I also contacted the Malaysian embassy from Malaysia and they also confirmed on email that this rule is true and we won’t get PCC.

rafeeq988

Jan 28, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Timeline from one of the groups;

◦ Interest to sponsor form sent : Oct 16, 2020
◦ Invitation to sponsor received : sept 24, 2021
◦ Sponsor Province: AB
◦ Country of PA : India
◦ Sponsorship application submitted: Oct 11, 2021
◦ Ghost email : 14-12-2021
◦ Same day was able to access GC KEY
◦ Additional Document request: Jan 27, 2022 (Option C of Co signer)
◦ Additional document submitted same day as requested
◦ AOR received: March 25, 2022
◦ Biometrics request : Apr 19, 2022
◦ Biometrics submitted: Apr 25, 2022
◦ Medicals: April 20 , 2022 (visitor visa medicals done in dec 2021)
◦ PCC request: May 4, 2022
◦ PCC submitted : June 3, 2022
◦ PR Approval letter to PA: July 8, 2022
CONGRATS. PARENTS ALREADY INSIDE CANADA? WHICH OFFICE PROCESSED YOUR VISA? OVERSEAS?

Reactions: kuldip25

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
The did stay once for more than 180 days. But if you visit the Malaysian embassy website “https://www.kln.gov.my/web/can_ottawa/other_information/-/asset_publisher/2K2XbgZkf92E/content/application-of-certificate-of-good-conduct-by-foreigner?inheritRedirect=false&redirect=https://www.kln.gov.my/web/can_ottawa/other_information?p_p_id=101_INSTANCE_2K2XbgZkf92E&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_pos=1&p_p_col_count=2”, they clearly mention that they don’t give pcc if the stay wasn’t for a consecutive 12 months.

Excerpt from this link-

Foreigners who wish to apply for CGC MUST have resided in Malaysia for a period of AT LEAST TWELVE (12) CONSECUTIVE MONTHS under long term social visit pass (i.e.: employment pass, student pass, spouse of Malaysian, expatriate pass)

Also the Canadian website “https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/malaysia.html” says to write the same explanation in response when asked for pcc.

Excerpt from this website

Special considerations
If you have not lived in Malaysia for 1 year or more, you are not required to provide a Malaysian police certificate.

If you are asked for a police certificate from Malaysia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Malaysia because certificates are only available to people who have lived in Malaysia for 1 year or more.”
To be safe I also contacted the Malaysian embassy from Malaysia and they also confirmed on email that this rule is true and we won’t get PCC.
Then you should raise a webform and provide explanation to IRCC that Malaysian embassy is unable to provide PCC and provide them proof of email you contacted to Malaysian Embassy.

Reactions: MDM23

sexychill

Aug 21, 2012
Visa Office......
EDMONTON - MANILA
Good, you got some update finally.

I got update because I inquire about my Parent's status thru webform. It was May that time and I just received an email from them July 6, that my parent's application was up to date this time and I don't need to do anything.

After one week I received an update and need to resubmit IMM 5406.

sexychill

Aug 21, 2012
Visa Office......
EDMONTON - MANILA
I am married of the year 2017, we got separated 2018 and 2019. I got my divorce 2020.

Is my 2018 and 2019 should be a total of 4 or still 3?

I didn't even realize it until I saw one here that got rejected because of his 2018

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
I got update because I inquire about my Parent's status thru webform. It was May that time and I just received an email from them July 6, that my parent's application was up to date this time and I don't need to do anything.

After one week I received an update and need to resubmit IMM 5406.
Oh, that is good. I might also send one enquiry in this case. Thank you for letting me know.

deepharman

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
Nomination.....
29-10-2012
AOR Received.
06-01-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Passport Req..
21-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
I am married of the year 2017, we got separated 2018 and 2019. I got my divorce 2020.

Is my 2018 and 2019 should be a total of 4 or still 3?

I didn't even realize it until I saw one here that got rejected because of his 2018
4 Members. Finally an update for you as well. :)

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
CONGRATS. PARENTS ALREADY INSIDE CANADA? WHICH OFFICE PROCESSED YOUR VISA? OVERSEAS?
From what I gathered, this person's parents were already in Canada (did medical during visa extension). The processing office is CPC Mississauga.

Last edited:

ANarang

Jul 15, 2022
Hi
I am primary applicant
My son is sponsor
When he had applied, his status was PR holder. Now he has completed the citizen oath process. Will he need to update this change to his status to IRCC and if yes how?

Reactions: kuldip25

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Hi
I am primary applicant
My son is sponsor
When he had applied, his status was PR holder. Now he has completed the citizen oath process. Will he need to update this change to his status to IRCC and if yes how?
I don't think that is necessary. IRCC already has his UCI number, they would know about his citizenship.