+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

bhagyanath

Sep 3, 2011
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required: (my brothers name)> Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures . Please ensure to complete section A, section B and section C as applicable. Be sure to not leave any fields blank or incomplete. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.pdf This must be received at this office by: 2022/08/12
I am sponsoring my father and mother
i am not sponsoring my brother
i got this email from IRCC
they mentioned my brother name and asked for new imm5406
my question is when filling this imm5406 who is the principal applicant? in this case my brother or
do i need to fill this form for all the member who is 18 yrs above?
anybody have same experience, i am confused need help plz

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
hai did you use file no. or uci id .date of birth or what, can you please tel , i am trying to link since last month no luck
I was trying it every day for months. I didn’t have application number, so I was trying with all different combinations like UCI and Family Last Name or Given Name and Last Name. Then ofcourse, passport information and what city they will live in here. For number of people I added - 5 (sponsor/me, co-sponsor/my husband, primary applicant/my dad, dependant1/my mom, dependent2/my sister)

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
I was trying it every day for months. I didn’t have application number, so I was trying with all different combinations like UCI and Family Last Name or Given Name and Last Name. Then ofcourse, passport information and what city they will live in here. For number of people I added - 5 (sponsor/me, co-sponsor/my husband, primary applicant/my dad, dependant1/my mom, dependent2/my sister)
Timeline from one of the groups;

◦ Interest to sponsor form sent : Oct 16, 2020
◦ Invitation to sponsor received : sept 24, 2021
◦ Sponsor Province: AB
◦ Country of PA : India
◦ Sponsorship application submitted: Oct 11, 2021
◦ Ghost email : 14-12-2021
◦ Same day was able to access GC KEY
◦ Additional Document request: Jan 27, 2022 (Option C of Co signer)
◦ Additional document submitted same day as requested
◦ AOR received: March 25, 2022
◦ Biometrics request : Apr 19, 2022
◦ Biometrics submitted: Apr 25, 2022
◦ Medicals: April 20 , 2022 (visitor visa medicals done in dec 2021)
◦ PCC request: May 4, 2022
◦ PCC submitted : June 3, 2022
◦ PR Approval letter to PA: July 8, 2022
Congratulations
I also submitted PCC yesterday .. hope will receive something within month. One question whether you submitted voter ID and Aadhar Card with PCC?

Ryanpre3

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
Congratulations
I also submitted PCC yesterday .. hope will receive something within month. One question whether you submitted voter ID and Aadhar Card with PCC?
Hi .. please can you tell how you submitted pcc , arhat card and voter id through Gc account. I got the email to submit these documents but I don’t see that is requested to upload in the account.

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Friends, Anyone got success in downloading copy of Voter ID card from Indian election commission website ?

Can we download ? I heard about it but not sure.

My parents are in Canada but Voter cards are in India.

Ryanpre3

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
Hi, I got the PPR (Passport request) for my parents. I was worried earlier when the processing time jumps to 34 months but IRCC really surprised me this time. My timeline is as follows:

Application submitted: 13 Oct 2021
Ghost email update: Jan 05, 2022
File linked to IRCC: Jan 10, 2022 (File number and biometrics information was already there)
Document request ( prove the relationship between sponsor and principal applicant): Jan 22, 2022
AOR, Sponsor approval: Never received any till now
Medical update: Mar 02, 2022 (passed, previous medical from super visa was used)
PCC, document request (prove the relationship between the principal applicant and my mother): May 17, 2022 (although the marriage certificate was submitted earlier, they request, Aadhar & Voter id card too)
Background Check started: July 06, 2022
PPR : July 07, 2022

My parents are from India. IRCC is processing the applications fastly now and I think the super visa application of my parents did really help a lot this time as no biometrics, no medical was asked. The further background check was already done, so it doesn't take long this time, I guess.

I would wish everyone to get their results sooner.
Hi congratulations.. please can you share the process of passport request . Do the parents have to go and submit in vfs ?

Reactions: kuldip25

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hi guys,

In June i got a biometrics request for my parents. We did the biometrics next day and it got updated online (GCKEY) next day. i can see the number and date when it was done. Few days later i got an email that my profile was updated. When i opened i noticed the biometrics section got updated with this:

Biometrics
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Anybody got any clue whats happening or faced this issue? There is no new message below.

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Hi guys,

In June i got a biometrics request for my parents. We did the biometrics next day and it got updated online (GCKEY) next day. i can see the number and date when it was done. Few days later i got an email that my profile was updated. When i opened i noticed the biometrics section got updated with this:

Biometrics
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Anybody got any clue whats happening or faced this issue? There is no new message below.
Same with me, but you should be able to see Biometrics details and valid till on the top.

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Congratulations
Again this isn’t for me, it’s from someone I know. For me, I did receive a separate aadhaar card and voter id request for my parents which I provided. Check my timeline in signature for further details.

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Hi .. please can you tell how you submitted pcc , arhat card and voter id through Gc account. I got the email to submit these documents but I don’t see that is requested to upload in the account.
Did you check “view/upload documents” section? For me it was available to upload there.

saitron

Oct 20, 2012
Linked application on the IRCC website today. Until today I didnt see a need to link the application between the PR portal and the IRCC portal. But after I looked into the details I felt it carries value. Slightly more details and status available and also provides the accessibility to upload documents.

I wasnt able to link the application past few months perhaps due to various reasons. But I think once the application and UCI numbers are available it is possible. The browser settings dont make it easier but with cookies cleared and Incognito mode helped.

Below link helped:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
To prove my relationship with my dad, I am expected to provide my voters card. Earlier along with the application I had submitted 10th, 12th and convocation copies along with birth certificate. Now i don’t have a voters card as I never got one made when I was back home. Now I am Canadian citizen but I do have aadhaar and pan card, will that suffice? And do I need to give an explanation as to why I am submitting pan and aadhaar instead of voters card? Please advise. Thanks in advance

jai.dhillon

Nov 21, 2017
Hello, I have my mothers PR sponsor application in process, waiting for medical.
Question- are parents as PR applicants eligible to apply for OHIP under “apply as PR applicants category”?
thanks