+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Stars2022

Feb 23, 2022
Applied Oct 10th 2021 but no update yet, F12 trick tried but only 4-5 documents checked nothing else, status 7.
Anyone in the same boat ? Has anyone sent a webform and received a reply
Applied couples days earlier than you, only 5 documents checked in April, no more progress. Sent webform, no response. Called IRCC and talked to agent, was told WAIT

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Also One more question, can I apply the same for my aunt i.e. my father's sister under the SuperVisa, I understand as the name suggests it's for parents and grand parents and I can apply visitor visa for her, but my apprehension with that is she does not have much of assets to show ties to her home country so I think the vistor may be rejected for her. please advise?
Hello,

You cannot apply for a super visa for your aunt. It is strictly only for parents/grandparents. Getting a visitor visa for her might not be as difficult as you think. Just provide a sponsorship letter for her and show proof that you will pay for her expenses during her stay in Canada if she cannot handle it herself. Also, about your earlier question, firstly, get a super visa only if you want parents/in laws to stay in Canada for close to two years on first visit. If not, it’s easier to just get a multiple entry visitor visa. Secondly, applying for a super visa is exactly similar to applying for a visitor visa except you need an extra set of really specific documents from parents plus their mandatory medical insurance.

Sruraja

Feb 4, 2022
Hi Everyone, I am the sponsor for my parents. My parents are in india. They are planning to visit me in July. I would like to take pcc upfront before IRCC requests pcc. Can anyone please help me how to request pcc for my parents in india.
much appreciate your help .
thanks in advance

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
Hi Everyone, I am the sponsor for my parents. My parents are in india. They are planning to visit me in July. I would like to take pcc upfront before IRCC requests pcc. Can anyone please help me how to request pcc for my parents in india.
much appreciate your help .
thanks in advance
I went through the process of upfront pcc last week. I applied for pcc through Passport Seva Kendra(psk) online , deposited inr 500 per person online and got next day appointment. They asked for passport and its photocopy. The process took half an hour and they told me the pcc would be sent to your address after police verification in 2 to 3 weeks. After a day I got whatsapp msg from police station and they asked for two local witnesses (with copies of their aadhar card). The present status on psk site " pcc letter dispatched". I didn't encounter any difficulty in getting upfront pcc as the process is quite fast in NCR. In the meantime I got a request for pcc from ircc as well.

Sruraja

Feb 4, 2022
I went through the process of upfront pcc last week. I applied for pcc through Passport Seva Kendra(psk) online , deposited inr 500 per person online and got next day appointment. They asked for passport and its photocopy. The process took half an hour and they told me the pcc would be sent to your address after police verification in 2 to 3 weeks. After a day I got whatsapp msg from police station and they asked for two local witnesses (with copies of their aadhar card). The present status on psk site " pcc letter dispatched". I didn't encounter any difficulty in getting upfront pcc as the process is quite fast in NCR. In the meantime I got a request for pcc from ircc as well.
Thank you for the information. Did you request pcc for your parents? What is ncr? Can I register in passport seva kendra for my parents?

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
Thank you for the information. Did you request pcc for your parents? What is ncr? Can I register in passport seva kendra for my parents?
I am principal applicant. Ncr is National capital region. You might encounter difficulty in getting OTP but still you can try

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
Applied couples days earlier than you, only 5 documents checked in April, no more progress. Sent webform, no response. Called IRCC and talked to agent, was told WAIT
How should I know which documents ate checked? I mean where exactly l should look at f12 ?

Sruraja

Feb 4, 2022
I am principal applicant. Ncr is National capital region. You might encounter difficulty in getting OTP but still you can try
Got it! I have registered and started pcc application ! I just have one question. What did you enter for purpose for which pcc is required? Did you choose residence permit or immigration other than citizenship? Please help

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Quick question on PCC:
I applied for PCC after getting the letter from IRCC. on May/19. The earliest date available at Hyderabad (where my parents are based) is June/2. Apparently, it takes 2-3 weeks from then to get PCC. By then I will pass the deadline of June/18.

[1] Should we show the letter from IRCC at the Passport Seva Kendra ?
[2] Will PCC be delivered to us by Passport Kendra or Local Police ?

Most important question: How to ask for extension for submitting PCC ?

Thanks

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
Got it! I have registered and started pcc application ! I just have one question. What did you enter for purpose for which pcc is required? Did you choose residence permit or immigration other than citizenship? Please help
Immigration other than citizenship

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
Quick question on PCC:
I applied for PCC after getting the letter from IRCC. on May/19. The earliest date available at Hyderabad (where my parents are based) is June/2. Apparently, it takes 2-3 weeks from then to get PCC. By then I will pass the deadline of June/18.

[1] Should we show the letter from IRCC at the Passport Seva Kendra ?
[2] Will PCC be delivered to us by Passport Kendra or Local Police ?

Most important question: How to ask for extension for submitting PCC ?

Thanks
1) they may ask for the letter so better keep it. In my case they simply asked me where are you going
2) pcc will be delivered by Speed Post by psk
As far extension due to anticipated delay is concerned, you may inform ircc through web form or email before last date of submission of document to ircc.

Reactions: MridulSharma