+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Same here. No progress on my file. I submitted it on Oct 12. How about you? We can continue sharing info as we have the same caseworker.
The F12 trick shows status id 10 "completed", which was updated on Dec 15 when I received the ghost email. I have been trying to link my application to GCkey, but with no luck.
yes definitely, Its frustrating as we are early oct applicants but no progress on files. I submitted on 01 Oct. I have not received any ghost email. On F12, it still shows status "7". when i scroll further down, it shows "complete: true" for some of the documents but "null" for most of them. last updated is 20 April

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
yes definitely, Its frustrating as we are early oct applicants but no progress on files. I submitted on 01 Oct. I have not received any ghost email. On F12, it still shows status "7". when i scroll further down, it shows "complete: true" for some of the documents but "null" for most of them. last updated is 20 April
Interesting. I wonder the two AORs might have been automatically generated, which does not depend on the caseworker's progress. Yes, it is unfortunately that a slow progress is being made. I was hoping that an earlier application would result in a faster review, assuming there is a queue. However, I realized that I was wrong after seeing the discussions.

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
Interesting. I wonder the two AORs might have been automatically generated, which does not depend on the caseworker's progress. Yes, it is unfortunately that a slow progress is being made. I was hoping that an earlier application would result in a faster review, assuming there is a queue. However, I realized that I was wrong after seeing the discussions.
I do not why but I think when they start the older application then they would have faster processing time! hopefully

Mustflo

Apr 15, 2013
I have submitted application on Nov 3rd through a consultant. He said there is no update on my file.. absolutely nothing. Anything I can do to follow up?
Hello,

I had submitted through a consultant and provided their contact email. But the ghost email was sent to my parent's email. So please make sure to check all the emails you have provided.

Gavin9955

May 12, 2022
If you(sponsor) are the representative then you have to sign as a representative in section B. Applicant need to sign section D.
May be you missed the sign in section B.
Do I (Sponsor) need to sign? even though i have representative hired and his form is submitted with applicant signature?

if you read the Officer request, wording is confusing.
"IMM 5476 (for Sponsor): It appears that you are using an authorized representative, however, an IMM5476 has not been provided for the Sponsor. Please provide a current, complete and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) for the Sponsor."

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
This is very strange. GC key shows the medical request on May 10 but no email is sent to sponsor or the principal applicant. I am worried now that something in the communication between ircc and us is broken. Need to call them or send a webform about this. I think it is very important that everyone links through gckey

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
My parents did their medical exam today. How long does it take to see the results in gckey account? My father has heart arteries blockage found in the angiography but the doctors told him to take medication only and he doesn’t need to do angioplasty. Do you think this might impact the medical exam results?

Reactions: kuldip25

bkbbh

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hello everyone
Got this email Today ! But i already Consent IRCC to get my Incone from CRA along with application OR its Just Reminder Email ?

This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):

Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:

 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your application.
OR
o Ifyouselected“No”totheStatementofConsentonthisformthenyouwouldneedto provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account. The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA. To obtain this document please call CRA at 1-800-959-8281.
[/QUOTI alsogot simalar mail for 5768. I think if any of the situation is changed recently they are again asking for it updated. In my case it was changed due to change of employer.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Proof of relationship with invitee in the shape of aadhar card, voter card, 5th standard 8th class, 10th and 12th class certificate. Out of the above, 5th and 8th class certificate is not traceable. All other 4 documents are there. Kindly give your suggestion what to do.
I also received the request to provide proof between sponsor and applicant. In my letter mentions education certificate, passport,or birth certificate or any document that can proove the relationship.
I submit 10th,12th certificat, indian passport, PAN Card, and some other education certificate

Reactions: kuldip25

Nidhaan

Apr 4, 2022
Hello guys . I have one question. Do they consider a cerb and maternity benefits in family income for parents sponsorships? Thank you