+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

DinoD

Dec 5, 2016
One of my friend has asked for a Declaration Letter for his parents. He is applying for his parents on compassionate grounds. Is it okay to give a Declaration letter along with my details (Passport Copies). He has some old pictures of us with his parents and he plans to attach those as well. I have never given any such letters before so was wondering if its okay to give such a letter. As I will be trying for my parents in the future and don't want it to effect my case negatively. Thank you for your help.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hi guys, I have a quick question. I am a sponsor. My spouse became PR in 2019 and before that she never been in Canada. So she has only 2019 and 2020 tax returns. She does not have Canadian income or tax return for 2018. So can she still be eligible as a co-signer?

Sep 29, 2021
Unfortunately, appears you are right, per the following from Guide:

When to give your biometrics
You will need to pay for and then give your biometrics, even if you gave biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html
As per this link, I don't think they have to do it again. Again confused.

April1990

Oct 22, 2021
hello ,regarding the IMM 0008. there is a difference between the online for and the one I filled. it blocked after page 3.
can not correct any thing nor move to page 4 and after.
regards

DinoD

Dec 5, 2016
One of my friend has asked for a Declaration Letter for his parents. He is applying for his parents on compassionate grounds. Is it okay to give a Declaration letter along with my details (Passport Copies). He has some old pictures of us with his parents and he plans to attach those as well. I have never given any such letters before so was wondering if its okay to give such a letter. As I will be trying for my parents in the future and don't want it to effect my case negatively. Thank you for your help.

Jul 23, 2016
[QUOTE="share_SK, post: 977293
It is a form for dependants, which is 22 years or younger or if they have any disablity in which case above 22 years are considered. Since she is 28, she is not a dependent and you dont need to include her.

Jul 23, 2016
Declaration stating what?

Jul 23, 2016
Thank you . Declaration stating that we know his parents very well, and they are more like family members and would want them to be here in Canada with us. More like proof of genuine relationship.
I have never heard of any documents like this or what is the use of this? I dont think knowing someone personally will make any case stronger. Maybe other members can pitch in.

Reactions: DinoD

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Quick question folks - My wife got invitation letter on 28th Sept. Do her parents need to do bio metrics and digital photo taken before submitting application? or at a later time when they send you to submit? bit confused.

Get your fingerprints and photo taken
If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for every application for permanent residence you submit, even if you gave your biometrics in the past and they’re still valid.

• You must pay the biometric fee when you submit your application. Otherwise, you may experience delays.
  • Get this done as soon as you get the letter from us that tells you to give biometrics.
  • You have 30 days to do this from the date on the letter.
Photo specifications
You need one photo for each person on your application.

Follow the instructions in the online application to scan and upload both sides of your photo.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I have never heard of any documents like this or what is the use of this? I dont think knowing someone personally will make any case stronger. Maybe other members can pitch in.
I think that friend of his/hers is not applying under normal PGP. So probably being creative to show that parents already live in Canada and have settled in for H&C.
Not sure about this kind of letter. Likely not a very strong piece of proof. Unless the parents live with DinoD or see DinoD everyday like his/her own parents.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Quick question folks - My wife got invitation letter on 28th Sept. Do her parents need to do bio metrics and digital photo taken before submitting application? or at a later time when they send you to submit? bit confused.

Get your fingerprints and photo taken
If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for every application for permanent residence you submit, even if you gave your biometrics in the past and they’re still valid.

• You must pay the biometric fee when you submit your application. Otherwise, you may experience delays.
  • Get this done as soon as you get the letter from us that tells you to give biometrics.
  • You have 30 days to do this from the date on the letter.
Photo specifications
You need one photo for each person on your application.

Follow the instructions in the online application to scan and upload both sides of your photo.
From the document checklist, biometrics and medical request will come later. They are not required to do that yet. Payment for biometrics would be made in advance