+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

gjgjmorris

Oct 18, 2021
Hi,

FORM 0008

1) I am sponsoring my father who is separated for more than 10 years but is not divorced. Do I provide his separated wife's details?

2) Have you taken a test from a designated testing agency to assess your English or French skills?
Is this a yes/no question or does this have to be completed?
Grateful for a response please

alan123999

Oct 23, 2021
In the instruction guide this is the definition of family members: family members include your spouse (even if separated) or common-law partner, your or your spouse or partner’s dependent children and any children that are their dependent children

I think based on this definition only dependent children are family members.
yes, it is correct

alan123999

Oct 23, 2021
Hi, hoping someone can help me fill up IMM5768 form.
I am the sponsor and my husband will be my co signer. We have one kid and we are sponsoring my dad ( principal applicant) , my mom and my brother who is under 22 yrs old. Our total is 6 but not sure which box to put the numbers.

Is this correct?

2. you -1 (me)
3. A) current undertaking- 3 ( dad, mom , and brother)
5. Your spouse, if not included in 3. - 1 ( my husband)
6. Every other family member - 1 ( our son)
Total 6 . Please help. Thank you!
it is correct.

MuzafferQA

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2014
Med's Done....
22-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:05-06-2014, PPR2:17-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
Do we include 2021? Lets say 1 employment ended May 2021 and had another employer for 2021
like i said, start with the recent and end at 2018 jan.
I

share_SK

May 5, 2014
Hello Guys,
On the IMM 0008 form, if the PA doesn't have any dependents but has 3 children, one of them in India and the other 2 in Canada, does he need them listed in the section where we are asked to add dependents: Here is the heading on that page, that is not making sense to me:

" You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada)."

They are talking about family members and ALL YOUR CHILDREN

Last edited:

share_SK

May 5, 2014
Check this link

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#family_members

Gives you clear info on who are considered as dependent and not.

Any family member who is physically or financially dependent on your parents are called dependent

Spouse - Dependent
Children- Dependent Child.

If you and your siblings are not physically or financially dependent on your parents, you dont have to mention yourself or your sibling.
The letters in Bold contradict. What to do...
You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada).

share_SK

May 5, 2014
Thank you, I am also confused in filling out form 008 as I am filling out the form on behalf of my Dad who is the principal applicant. His dependants are my younger brother (6years old) and my mother. But I also have sister who is 28 years old. Should I still include my sister? Or completely remove her? As the form says “you must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents ir citizens of Canada”
did you find answer to this? I am stuck at this as well.

cctc8

Oct 14, 2021
Help, IMM 1008 I trying to correct some info at the online form wont let me save it anybody similar situation?

Nov 10, 2017
Can anyone please provide input. Should the income for the 3 years be only from Canada, or can I use my income in USA (the year I migrated to Canada, I was in US for 6 months and had a full-time job) also to support my income requirements. I am satisfiying the requirements for 2019 and 2020, but for 2018 I can only satisfy the income requirement if I combine by US income and Canadian income. Does CRA also consider the US income?

Appreciate your help.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hi guys, one quick question. Do we have to upload ALL pages of passport for our parents?
In an instruction guide section of "to avoid common mistakes" it mentions that we need to upload all pages of parent's passport.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can anyone please provide input. Should the income for the 3 years be only from Canada, or can I use my income in USA (the year I migrated to Canada, I was in US for 6 months and had a full-time job) also to support my income requirements. I am satisfiying the requirements for 2019 and 2020, but for 2018 I can only satisfy the income requirement if I combine by US income and Canadian income. Does CRA also consider the US income?

Appreciate your help.
It's up to the officer if foreign income is considered. For that income to be considered, it must be declared in your CRA return and listed on your NOA.

MamaNiAvie

Jun 11, 2013
did you find answer to this? I am stuck at this as well.
Hello Guys,
On the IMM 0008 form, if the PA doesn't have any dependents but has 3 children, one of them in India and the other 2 in Canada, does he need them listed in the section where we are asked to add dependents: Here is the heading on that page, that is not making sense to me:

" You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada)."

They are talking about family members and ALL YOUR CHILDREN
As per description, only dependent children should be listed.