+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

coco-cindy

Oct 23, 2021
Hi,
I received the portal link from IRCC asking my parents to create an account, then my representative can submit application on my behalf, but in the same email, a username and temporary password are given. I tried to sign in with them, but not working. When I was trying to create an account with the user name give in the email, it’s shown the account with the username is already exist. Then I clicked forgot password, trying to reset it, but never received any verification code. I’m starting a new application, so how can I sign in the portal? Thanks.

sammiroobois

Oct 24, 2013
Hi guys, how does the 60 day work? I received on September 23 but it says submit before Dec 6, that's not 60 days... I just started to fill application because I really didn't have time before. Sorry if someone asked already, I don't know how to search this thread. TIA!

Naser Fallah

Sep 26, 2020
Hi,
I received the portal link from IRCC asking my parents to create an account, then my representative can submit application on my behalf, but in the same email, a username and temporary password are given. I tried to sign in with them, but not working. When I was trying to create an account with the user name give in the email, it’s shown the account with the username is already exist. Then I clicked forgot password, trying to reset it, but never received any verification code. I’m starting a new application, so how can I sign in the portal? Thanks.
Hi,

I'm facing the same problem. My representative forgot to change the password within 14 days specified for password change. Then when i tried to reset my password, even after passing 24 hours (the time duration said in the reply within which we should receive verification code) i didn't get any verification code.

Please share any available solution. You mentioned: "I'm starting a new application"...Is this the solution for such problem? Please guide me....Thanks...

Sep 29, 2021
Do our parents have to biometrics again ?
As per the guide even if your past biometrics are valid, you still need the new one. M confused, please Help.

Naser Fallah

Sep 26, 2020
Do our parents have to biometrics again ?
As per the guide even if your past biometrics are valid, you still need the new one. M confused, please Help.
Unfortunately, appears you are right, per the following from Guide:

When to give your biometrics
You will need to pay for and then give your biometrics, even if you gave biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Rawal

Oct 24, 2021
Family Size question
Sponsors brother was under the age of 22 for taxation year 2018/2019/2020, does that mean the brother was a dependent and should be included in family size? He turned 22 now and is already a PR

JcKobe

Aug 8, 2019
Winnpeg

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Family Size question
Sponsors brother was under the age of 22 for taxation year 2018/2019/2020, does that mean the brother was a dependent and should be included in family size? He turned 22 now and is already a PR
No, he does not need to be included.

Naser Fallah

Sep 26, 2020
Hi guys, how does the 60 day work? I received on September 23 but it says submit before Dec 6, that's not 60 days... I just started to fill application because I really didn't have time before. Sorry if someone asked already, I don't know how to search this thread. TIA!
Hi,

I think they mean 60 working days i.e. the holidays should be excluded.

Niki1000

Oct 20, 2021
Hello, I have a small question. Any reports that parents take with them to the medical exam - does the doctor keep them or return them back? Thank you !

JcKobe

Aug 8, 2019
Winnpeg
Good day. Im filling up the forms in behalf of my dad. As per my understanding, we dont need to provide biometrics as he is with us here in Canada and provided biometrics before he came here. Is this correct? See link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Also for IMM5768 - me and my wife (co-signer) provided our SIN so this means we dont need to included our NOA's as we gave them authority to access our files in IRCC.?
Follow up question - Should I upload all the resumes under "Other" or children information?

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Hi All,
I got invite for my parents sponsorship and I am trying to fill IMM0008 form. 2 questions
1. Do I add me (Canadian citizen) and my brother (work permit over 22 y/o) as dependents? (the question says to add children even if they are PR or citizens)
2. Do I add my mother as dependent (making my father as PA) ? If not, where do I add her in the application?

coco-cindy

Oct 23, 2021
Hi,

I'm facing the same problem. My representative forgot to change the password within 14 days specified for password change. Then when i tried to reset my password, even after passing 24 hours (the time duration said in the reply within which we should receive verification code) i didn't get any verification code.

Please share any available solution. You mentioned: "I'm starting a new application"...Is this the solution for such problem? Please guide me....Thanks...
Sorry, I don’t have any solution yet. This is the last step for me, but unfortunately just stuck here. I mean my status-starting a new application, not the solution. Sorry for misleading you. I don’t even know representative need to reset password in 14days. I don’t quite understand that part, and I don’t see it’s indicating any where in the email. Do you?