• Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 25, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 17, 2019
  • AoR Received : August 13, 2019
  • Sponsorship In Process Date: September 10, 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: September 11, 2019
  • Sponsorship Approval Letter: September 16, 2019 (CPC-Mississauga)
  • Principal Applicant In Process Date: September 10, 2019
  • Bio Metric Request Date : September 10, 2019
  • Bio Metric Completed Date: September 12, 2019
  • Medical Request Date: September 12, 2019
  • Medical Passed Date: December 31, 2019
  • Re-Medical Request Date: July 23, 2021
  • Re-Medical Passed Date: August 19, 2021
  • Pre-Arrival Service Date: February 28, 2022
  • Principal Applicant Decision Made Date:
  • Passport Request (PPR) Date: March 1, 2022
  • MyCIC Update: Sponsor: Decision Made and Principal Applicant: In Process
Please update the tracker @laxsun

Reactions: serious_cheese

vg2010

Jun 6, 2019
I have two questions - usually how long after prearrival letter do we get decision made? and how long after that do they request passport? VO is Mexico but parents are in Canada.

2) Where can I get information about landing? specially when it comes to getting advice on how to do it properly?

Thanks!

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Sponsorship Application for Parents,
When additional information submitted & PCC

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Any idea how to get this letter to apply for OHIP...
  • Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) letter (IRCC used to be called Citizenship and Immigration Canada, or CIC). The letter must:
    • be on IRCC letterhead, addressed to you as applicant
    • state IRCC has confirmed you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada and you have not yet been denied.
It would be great if people who are in Canada waiting for their case approval could apply for OHIP. I don't know about the letter. I was under the impression that you could apply for OHIP after DM for the applicant. Other members can share their thoughts on it. @canada4life_pgp2019

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Hi, can anyone guide me? My mother became PR on Aug 23, 2021. However, after six months in Feb, IRCC mailed her PR card but to the wrong address in St. Catherine - Ontario. We live in Mississauga. I googled the address found out that the residential address is associated with the private educational institute and i could call the person. He informed me he had received the PR card, but he was not ready to give me the Card. I even asked him if I could come with my mom and verify the credentials with my mother's passports and COPR. However, he refused to give is the PR card, and yesterday he texted me that he had returned the PR card to IRCC.
Since yesterday I have been trying to call IRCC, but no luck. Their number is always busy due to the large volume of calls.
I called my MP, and I was advised that I have to wait for six weeks to file a Solemn declaration. I failed to understand why I still needed to wait for six weeks when IRCC sent the PR Card to the wrong address. I wonder IRCC took six months to issue the First PR card, and now giving us a new Card may take more time.
Please advise what options I have now.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi, can anyone guide me? My mother became PR on Aug 23, 2021. However, after six months in Feb, IRCC mailed her PR card but to the wrong address in St. Catherine - Ontario. We live in Mississauga. I googled the address found out that the residential address is associated with the private educational institute and i could call the person. He informed me he had received the PR card, but he was not ready to give me the Card. I even asked him if I could come with my mom and verify the credentials with my mother's passports and COPR. However, he refused to give is the PR card, and yesterday he texted me that he had returned the PR card to IRCC.
Since yesterday I have been trying to call IRCC, but no luck. Their number is always busy due to the large volume of calls.
I called my MP, and I was advised that I have to wait for six weeks to file a Solemn declaration. I failed to understand why I still needed to wait for six weeks when IRCC sent the PR Card to the wrong address. I wonder IRCC took six months to issue the First PR card, and now giving us a new Card may take more time.
Please advise what options I have now.
Try to get connected with IRCC and think of better outcome. Sometimes the PR card comes within few weeks.
That card with wrong address might not have useful.

Last edited:

Christine666

Sep 21, 2021
Sponsorship Application for Parents,
Hello Zedman, might i please know why you re-medical request?

Just4pgp2019

Dec 19, 2019
Hello Everyone,

My parents received passport request on Feb 4 but on the email there is no pdf attachment about this passport request it is like just typo, not sure if everyone is getting the similar thing like without pdf.

pleasse advise.

thanks.

ndd0917

Star Member
Jun 20, 2009
Hi there,

How can you see if medical PASSED? The CIC window only says " MEDICAL RESULTS RECEIVED ON XXX DATE", My parents are not in Canada and can not login in using GC key but with their application or UCC file number only. Not sure what is the process to see this statement that medical results PASSED. Thank you.
what is the current status of your case? Is it 'we are processing your background check'?
Mine has been under background check for 5 months now, and my parents are just law-abiding regular citizens, who did non-sensitive ordinary office jobs, who have impeccable backgrounds! god knows what is there to investigate for months!
Medical passed can be seen on my mom’s online account with IRCC

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Try to get connected with IRCC and think of better outcome. Sometimes the PR card comes within few weeks.
That card with wrong address might not have useful.
I had been trying to contact IRCC for two days not been able to contact them. Every time I get the message that the line is busy due large volume of calls.