+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello,

I applied for my parents PR in 2019. Shortly after that my sibling sponsored their US GC and they received GC in 2020.

During 2020 they were in US for around 7 months after getting GC, came to Canada in early 2021 from US and stayed around 9 months with us, then back to US for couple weeks before going back to India.

We received a query in Early November to submit PCC, my father's CV and all countries they had visited in last 10 years and confirm their mailing address. We confirmed that currently they are staying in India.

As timeline was unknown and fear that covid-19 may get worse in India (and my mom got covid-19) we decided that they will come back to USA and within few weeks come to Canada as a visitor and hopefully we get passport request by then to do virtual landing.

We just got passport request yesterday when they were boarding a plane to come to USA. Letter received has address of India and Immigration Office in Delhi to send passport.

What are the options,
- can we send their passport to VFS in USA?
- how do we communicate they will be in USA and send passport back to US address?
- Can they come to Canada after a week and do virtual landing (letter says to inform within 5 days if they are in Canada and want to do virtual landing - not sure if they can come and update within 5 days or if they can enter on Visitor visa)

Anyone can share if they have knowledge on how to handle or had been through similar process.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks
The easiest for your parents may be to come to Canada and do virtual landing.
However, there are many struggling to get invitation for virtual landing.

Moein29

Jan 22, 2020
My parents COPR was expired in Dec. 2021 since they were not able to travel to Canada. It appears that IRCC would send us an email inquiring if my parents are still interested to immigrate to Canada. I wonder if anyone has received this type of email and how long it took them to receive such email since the expiry of their COPR.

ivehope

Apr 17, 2017
Have been visiting this forum for a while now. Here's my timeline.

PGP Application - for 2
Application received: May 15 2019
AOR: Aug 26 2019
Visa office- CPC M
Biometric completed - Aug 29 2019
First Medical requested- Aug 27 2019
PCC submitted- Sep 15 2019
Sponsor decision made- Sep 30 2019
First Medical passed- Jan 10 2020
Second medical requested- July 10 2021
Second medical passed- Aug 23 2021
Line 2 on ecas updated to 'We started processing xxxx application on January 20, 2022' on Jan 2022
Background check on gckey updated (via ghost update) to 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.' on Jan 27, 2022

Waiting for further updates.

@laxsun @serious_cheese

Reactions: serious_cheese

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
My parents COPR was expired in Dec. 2021 since they were not able to travel to Canada. It appears that IRCC would send us an email inquiring if my parents are still interested to immigrate to Canada. I wonder if anyone has received this type of email and how long it took them to receive such email since the expiry of their COPR.
Did you inform IRCC the reason for your parents were not able to travel before the expiry date of COPR?
You are supposed to inform them and then they will follow up with you

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Have been visiting this forum for a while now. Here's my timeline.

PGP Application - for 2
Application received: May 15 2019
AOR: Aug 26 2019
Visa office- CPC M
Biometric completed - Aug 29 2019
First Medical requested- Aug 27 2019
PCC submitted- Sep 15 2019
Sponsor decision made- Sep 30 2019
First Medical passed- Jan 10 2020
Second medical requested- July 10 2021
Second medical passed- Aug 23 2021
Line 2 on ecas updated to 'We started processing xxxx application on January 20, 2022' on Jan 2022
Background check on gckey updated (via ghost update) to 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.' on Jan 27, 2022

Waiting for further updates.

@laxsun @serious_cheese
Thanks, i have added your info to the tracker. A few questions to complete the tracker:
1) are you sponsoring parents or grandparents?
2) country of citizenship?
3) which province do you live in?
4) Invitation receive date?
5) Biometric request date?

Reactions: laxsun

Just4pgp2019

Dec 19, 2019
Hello Everybody,
@laxsun

Received Pp request on Feb 5.

my parents are here in Canada and received pp request. I have filled out the webform informing them that they are in Canada.
any idea how long can that take for inland portal while they are here in Canada.

please advise.

thank you

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Everybody,
@laxsun

Received Pp request on Feb 5.

my parents are here in Canada and received pp request. I have filled out the webform informing them that they are in Canada.
any idea how long can that take for inland portal while they are here in Canada.

please advise.

thank you
Your PPR letter must have some options for applicants already in Canada.
Not all but some are struggling to receive invitation to create PR portal.
Did you have to do second medical of your parents? And also when did ecas change to DM2?

Just4pgp2019

Dec 19, 2019
Your PPR letter must have some options for applicants already in Canada.
Not all but some are struggling to receive invitation to create PR portal.
Did you have to do second medical of your parents? And also when did ecas change to DM2?

2nd medical Feb 23

ecas changed to DM Feb 4 2022.

Yaa the pp request letter had the option where as if you are already in Canada then let us know within 5 days of this letter which I did already but i know someone who is waiting for past 4.5 months and no response yet.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, how long does it take to get the PR cards ? My parents landed Dec 9 and still have not got their PR cards yet ?

Thanks in advance
Photo uploaded to portal Nov 11th
Ecopr recieved Nov 12th
Mother's pr card received on Nov 22nd.
Father pr card received on Dec 4th

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hello,

I applied for my parents PR in 2019. Shortly after that my sibling sponsored their US GC and they received GC in 2020.

During 2020 they were in US for around 7 months after getting GC, came to Canada in early 2021 from US and stayed around 9 months with us, then back to US for couple weeks before going back to India.

We received a query in Early November to submit PCC, my father's CV and all countries they had visited in last 10 years and confirm their mailing address. We confirmed that currently they are staying in India.

As timeline was unknown and fear that covid-19 may get worse in India (and my mom got covid-19) we decided that they will come back to USA and within few weeks come to Canada as a visitor and hopefully we get passport request by then to do virtual landing.

We just got passport request yesterday when they were boarding a plane to come to USA. Letter received has address of India and Immigration Office in Delhi to send passport.

What are the options,
- can we send their passport to VFS in USA?
- how do we communicate they will be in USA and send passport back to US address?
- Can they come to Canada after a week and do virtual landing (letter says to inform within 5 days if they are in Canada and want to do virtual landing - not sure if they can come and update within 5 days or if they can enter on Visitor visa)

Anyone can share if they have knowledge on how to handle or had been through similar process.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks
Yes , you can inform 25 days in advance.Using webform inform IRCC that your parents will be in canada wef ...put date .
Update canada address .

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
2nd medical Feb 23

ecas changed to DM Feb 4 2022.

Yaa the pp request letter had the option where as if you are already in Canada then let us know within 5 days of this letter which I did already but i know someone who is waiting for past 4.5 months and no response yet.
Do you know the second medical pass date? It normally shows up in MyCIC.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi,
@laxsun @serious_cheese

Please update my file #813
Feb 10, - Medical Passed

London LVO are working hardly now.
Waiting for DM2.

Does somebody know if my parents are here should receive PPR or just CORP?
I also heard that now is virtual landing. Is it easy process?
Tracker updated.
If your parents are here, make sure that their address is changed to Canadian one.
They need to receive invitation to create PR Portal not PPR,

preet05

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Tracker updated.
If your parents are here, make sure that their address is changed to Canadian one.
They need to receive invitation to create PR Portal not PPR,

Expert Advice Needed Folks

I received PPR on 19th August 2021 - My mother is in Canada and I submitted the web form immediately. I did not receive any Portal link since 7 months.

Question :- Can we still go back to home country and Submit Passport for Stamping ? The PPR Letter said that steps had to be completed within 30 days.

My mother is planning to go back next month - Would she be able to submit Passport in India and get stamping and COPR ?

Below is what is written in PPR letter.

"Please review your contact details above and advise us of any errors or updates.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You
must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your
Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for
any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our CPC Mississauga office
immediately via the IRCC Web Form "

Last edited:
Reactions: caninfoseeker