+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Harry0707

Star Member
Feb 1, 2022
At least your application is under process. Mine is in waiting queue. No progress since 2 years. Last doc submitted after sponsorship approval letter received. Then no activity, not even atip notes provided since requested 5 months back and again a month back.
Same here

Harry0707

Star Member
Feb 1, 2022
Hi all, May 2019 applicant here. Got request for marriage certificate in Dec 2021. Sent them the required documents but no update since then. They are just delaying asking documents one by one. I know there are many in the same boat waiting on PR. It is the point where I totally lost hope that they will give PR even in next 6 months. My parents are here since Nov 2020 on visitor visa and extending their stay after every 5 months. Contacting MP doesnt help either. Webforms has the same automatic shitty reply. When I hear cases for approved PR for applicants after 2019 batch I feel very frustrated and sad at the same time about how the system is operating.
Sorry long post guys but just taking out my frustration!!
Are you receive pre arrival letter or not ?

pratikvyas333

Dec 16, 2019
Please update my status
medical request for parents - January 28, 2022
Sponsor Eligibility approval letter - Feb 2, 2022
Processing office -
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for
Permanent Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was
selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further

My parents are in India and I am in Canada; is it normal to get CPC-Mississauga as a processing office or should I contact them and ask for New Delhi Office in India?

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese

Reactions: serious_cheese

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Please update my status
Processing office -
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for
Permanent Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was
selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act.

My parents are in India and I am in Canada; is it normal to get CPC-Mississauga as a processing office or should I contact them and ask for New Delhi Office in India?

processing office is determined on workload- you cannot choose the processing office and any request will be denied.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Please update my status
Processing office -
Refugee Protection Act.

Yes, it is normal, you should not contact them and ask for New Delhi as that is one of the slowest VO out there.

rax7187

Aug 21, 2014
Input needed.

After almost two years finally my in laws will do PR landing, though my parents are still waiting on sending their passport for stamping. User rax7187 #1 and #2 profile on sheet.

My question is,
- What is procedure now days at airport after landing?
- Are they able to apply for PR card at the airport? Do they have to bring or take photos for PR card after landing?
- Can they get SIN at the airport or they need to visit Service Ontario for that?
- Can they get OHIP next day using Lease agreement signed where we are staying (even if they shows staying in our home) or should take private insurance and wait for Bank Statement or Drivers License?

If anyone has experience with recent landing please share any link or information. Thank you

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Input needed.

After almost two years finally my in laws will do PR landing, though my parents are still waiting on sending their passport for stamping. User rax7187 #1 and #2 profile on sheet.

My question is,
- What is procedure now days at airport after landing?
- Are they able to apply for PR card at the airport? Do they have to bring or take photos for PR card after landing?
- Can they get SIN at the airport or they need to visit Service Ontario for that?
- Can they get OHIP next day using Lease agreement signed where we are staying (even if they shows staying in our home) or should take private insurance and wait for Bank Statement or Drivers License?

If anyone has experience with recent landing please share any link or information. Thank you
Glad to know your PIL are landing soon. Did your parents (rax7187 #1) get PPR already? When?

For landing, the additional item is ArriveCan conformation email with barcode is needed for them.
They will be applying for PR card in the airport but for SIN you have to take appointment with the Service Canada.
For OHIP, someone from Ontario may help about their experience.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Did you get an answer to your questions? I am interested
@dapin84, I was thinking someone will reply about your query below:
<I have been waiting 2.5 years for the sponsor application for my mom.
I need to move to the US for work. However my sister will remain in Canada, but she is not the sponsor.

Can I be in the US and can she land as a resident?
Can I just come to visit Canada when she lands?
>

I think there is not much problem as your sister is here to complete landing process of your mom.
You have to look into the sponsorship agreement you sent to IRCC though.

Other experienced members @steaky @canuck78 may have more insights on this.

hello2adi

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Mar-2012
AOR Received.
28-Jun-2012
Med's Done....
30-Dec-2011
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012 (Got a wrong req, so sent PP only on 3rd sep)
Hi Everyone,
I am a 19 Jun 2019 applicant.
1. We did re-medical in Aug 2021 and back in Dec 2021 we got an email to get the Biometrics done again for my father.
2. This was done on 12 Jan.
3. We were also asked to submit PAN, Ration Card, Aadhar card and voter id. We submitted only PAN and Aadhar which we had and an explanation letter via the CIC portal. This was also 12 Jan 22.

Since then I have not yet heard back from CIC nor seen any updates on their portal. I have tried webform and numerous times to call CIC call centre but no response.
Also, I have submitted multiple GCMS notes requests (Aug 2021 and Nov 2021), never received anything from CIC though i was charged the $5.

My questions are:

1. Besides waiting is there anything I can do?
2. What would be best time to call the call center?
3. Any other suggestions?

I am planning to call my parents to canada on visitor visa this year to get this process expedited. They already have a 10 year visa.

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I am a 19 Jun 2019 applicant.
1. We did re-medical in Aug 2021 and back in Dec 2021 we got an email to get the Biometrics done again for my father.
2. This was done on 12 Jan.
3. We were also asked to submit PAN, Ration Card, Aadhar card and voter id. We submitted only PAN and Aadhar which we had and an explanation letter via the CIC portal. This was also 12 Jan 22.

Since then I have not yet heard back from CIC nor seen any updates on their portal. I have tried webform and numerous times to call CIC call centre but no response.
Also, I have submitted multiple GCMS notes requests (Aug 2021 and Nov 2021), never received anything from CIC though i was charged the $5.

My questions are:

1. Besides waiting is there anything I can do?
2. What would be best time to call the call center?
3. Any other suggestions?

I am planning to call my parents to canada on visitor visa this year to get this process expedited. They already have a 10 year visa.
Call immediately and update new address of Canada on case of father after landing۔
I did same I m Principal Applicant of 25June 19. landed canada on 25th October 22۔Biometric and medical examination done here in January۔Waiting COPR ۔

Reactions: caninfoseeker

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Today i receievd DM2 in ecas and received a letter asking to submit passports photos etc. my parents are physically in CANADA now .. can anyone confirm of i DO NOT need to submit passports?

Reactions: serious_cheese

rohanraichand

Nov 19, 2016
I received letter to submit passport, photos etc. but my parents are in India. I wonder if VFS Premium Lounge service offers pick-up/drop-off of passports OR we need to pay additional fees.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Today i receievd DM2 in ecas and received a letter asking to submit passports photos etc. my parents are physically in CANADA now .. can anyone confirm of i DO NOT need to submit passports?
Did they update their address to indicate that they are currently visiting Canada?