Med's Done....
June-01-2012
Passport Req..
Oct-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process Apr-03-2013, DM Apr-12-2013
LANDED..........
May-18-2013
Hi guys, My dad is in India and my mom is here in Canada.

We got PPR on Dec 23rd and we submitted the web form right away telling IRCC that my mom is here. For my dad, we sent the PP and it came back stamped around Jan 20th.

I haven't yet heard from them for my mom and have a couple of questions:

1. How much time does it usually take to get a reply from IRCC in such cases?
2. Once they provide credentials for PR Portal, how long is the process to get a COPR from there?
3. We are in Ontario, I see Ontario has waived off the waiting period for applying for OHIP card, so that means we can apply right away when we have COPR?

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
This is an extract from that webform attachment:

In your reply to this email, copy and paste this template and fill in the information for yourself and for each member of your family. If you are not sure of the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate.
  • Name:
  • UCI:
  • Email (one for the whole family)
  • Original entry date:
  • Date of last time you entered Canada:
  • Location where you last entered:
  • Are you currently inside Canada:
  • If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date:
Thank you, I hadn't sent them this information thinking that you only need to send it if you want to activate the portal. I had just let them know that my mother is outside Canada and will need the documents to land as a PR. I'll reply to their email with this information and hopefully should receive something then. My VO is Mississauga so fingers crossed as even my mother's visitor visa is expiring soon.

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Thanks do you know how long does it take? It’s showing 4-8 weeks
I have to submit it with in 30 days
Looking at the current scenario, I am not sure how long will it take but if you don't receive before the submission deadline, just let them know via the webform that you have applied at BLS but are still waiting to receive the PCC for your mother. By that time, if you've got your father's PCC, you can email them and tell them that as your mother is in Canada, you have applied at BLS and are waiting for it. From what I have heard, if your current address is same as in the passport, process would be faster probably because you won't require police verification back home. But again, I am not completely sure about it.

Vbp86

Aug 17, 2021
Today ecas says decision made but no email for pre arrival services. June 2019 applicant. Usually how long it will take for pre arrival email?? Parents in India now.. so I hope they will ask us to submit passport in Delhi..

Reactions: Paul09

maverick601

Oct 4, 2007
Hi, long time lurker, not a frequent poster... request your help.
My mother's application status has a new line "We have started processing your application on January xx". She passed her re-medicals back in Aug 2021; and this is the 1st update since then.
Can anyone indicate what this status refers too?
Thanks.

Vbp86

Aug 17, 2021
My mother's application status has a new line "We have started processing your application on January xx". She passed her re-medicals back in Aug 2021; and this is the 1st update since then.
Thanks.
You will see decision made pretty soon… in my parents file, same thing happened and today it’s shows decision made.

Reactions: maverick601

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thanks.
Sometimes that line appears when there is change in visa office.
Your line in the tracker is has no updates. Do you mind to post when IME, PCC and biometrics were requested?
Also what was your VO originally?

maverick601

Oct 4, 2007
Sometimes that line appears when there is change in visa office.
Your line in the tracker is has no updates. Do you mind to post when IME, PCC and biometrics were requested?
Also what was your VO originally?
hi, yea.. VO is CPC-M, re-medicals passed Aug 2021, 2nd PCC June 2021, bio completed in Feb 2020.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i hope everyone will have their final approval and visa soon. All the best. This process has dragged more than enough.

Iryna K

Feb 12, 2019
Thank you, I hadn't sent them this information thinking that you only need to send it if you want to activate the portal. I had just let them know that my mother is outside Canada and will need the documents to land as a PR. I'll reply to their email with this information and hopefully should receive something then. My VO is Mississauga so fingers crossed as even my mother's visitor visa is expiring soon.
I replied to this questionnaire providing all the dates and mentioning that they are NOT in Canada and then I received a response that they can come to Canada and we can finish the process with the virtual landing online. My response was that they can't come to Canada as their visitor visa has expired and they need a request for passports and visa to come to Canada. Shortly after (the same day), they sent me a request for passport which I was pleasantly surprised about. This correspondence was with Vancouver while our LVO was London. Good luck with your case and hopefully you'll get a request for passport soon!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I received two letters from IRCC - CPC Mississauga on Jan 20,2022 regarding my parents application.
1. Letter asking to submit the Passport, 2 photos, RPRF fee proof and Height and Eye color for Principal applicant and dependents
2. Pre-arrival Service letter

Questions:
1. My parents live in Bangalore, India. Where do these documents need to be submitted? VFS says they don't allow people in their offices apart from Biometrics due to Covid. Should I just use the 2-way courier service with them where the passport and the documents are picked up from home and returned back?
2. Where and how do the Height and Eye color details need to be provided for the applicants?

Thanks in advance for your help!
For no. 2, one way to include these information is in each photo of the applicants.

Reactions: karthit

Akc81

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi
Spoke with an agent today and said that only criminality is on process. Eligibility, security all passed, prearrival letter received.
any idea how long will it take before receiving ppr?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I replied to this questionnaire providing all the dates and mentioning that they are NOT in Canada and then I received a response that they can come to Canada and we can finish the process with the virtual landing online. My response was that they can't come to Canada as their visitor visa has expired and they need a request for passports and visa to come to Canada. Shortly after (the same day), they sent me a request for passport which I was pleasantly surprised about. This correspondence was with Vancouver while our LVO was London. Good luck with your case and hopefully you'll get a request for passport soon!
congrats! so glad to hear.

Reactions: Iryna K