+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

sroyyyy

Jan 5, 2022
Did they accept your canceled Indian passport for the proof of relationship? I got an email asking for the exact same things as yours. I dont have voter or Adhaar card but I have my grade 12th and canceled Indian passport that I am planning to send.
Hi Anjali, wondering about your application. They asked the same for my mother's application. I don't have an adhaar card or voter card as I came here right after my high school. But I do have my grade 10 and 12 certificates where it shows my Mother's name and also my passport. Did it work on your case? Thank you.

Reactions: preet05

ndd0917

Star Member
Jun 20, 2009
Hello,
i just got my approval letter (sponsor) and there are documents that are required like cv/resume. Does it need to be very detailed? My mom was not really employed, what should I write?Also do i need to submit the police certificate now or wait for a seperate request?Any info would help

Thanks

farshid55

Jul 4, 2019
Hi there,
Could you please fix the errors on the tracker, there are numerous errors on dates, as dates are showing updates in Dec. 2022, which will be in one year. those need to get corrected to 2021.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: serious_cheese

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hello,
i just got my approval letter (sponsor) and there are documents that are required like cv/resume. Does it need to be very detailed? My mom was not really employed, what should I write?Also do i need to submit the police certificate now or wait for a seperate request?Any info would help

Thanks
you can provide basic resume with her education info and any certifications, etc. that she might have done for any hobbies. You can also include the dates and mention her to be a "homemaker" or "house-wife".

regarding PCC , i would say wait for the request .. because if you submit and it expires, you might have to submit again in future...

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hi,

Hope you guys have a wonderful holidays.

I just wanted to seek your advise regarding my mom's application. I applied her on PGP2019 and we are still waiting for the decision made.
The last movement on her application is the repeat medical which was approved on Oct 19, 2021.

She is currently with us in Canada. However, her visa is expiring this January. Do you think it will be better for me to change her address to here on her application? However, would she still be allowed to stay if her visa expires?

Appreciate your help on this.
yes, you should update her address on file.

apply for visitor record (extension of visitor visa) that would allow her to stay for upto 2 years i believe.

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
For PR landing, we are planning to travel from Delhi in the end of this month i.e. Jan 2022.
Due to the travel restrictions, we have some doubts.
Can any body guide us on the following;

- How much time in advance we should reach at the airport, considering covid-19 testing
- Which test we should book RT-PCR or RAPID PCR, considering cheap and less time taking
- What are the documents we should carry for testing
- What are the documents we should carry for landing

Point wise response will be appreciated..

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
For PR landing, we are planning to travel from Delhi in the end of this month i.e. Jan 2022.
Due to the travel restrictions, we have some doubts.
Can any body guide us on the following;

- How much time in advance we should reach at the airport, considering covid-19 testing
- Which test we should book RT-PCR or RAPID PCR, considering cheap and less time taking
- What are the documents we should carry for testing
- What are the documents we should carry for landing

Point wise response will be appreciated..
I can answer about the testing part. Although, the travel.gc.ca website says you need RT-PCR, I know of people that got the RAPID PCR and it was acceptable to Canadian authorities. If you call air canada, in the auto generated voice recording, they mention both as being acceptable.

Time to reach in advance depends on the test you choose. I would say give 3-4h for RAPID test and 8-10h for RT-PCR.

RAPID test is Rs 3500 , but RT-PCR is much cheaper (300, i think)

For testing, all you would need is passport and tickets, I think

Reactions: HKIMM

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hello

We got Alberta Health Care Cards for parents and along with that we got some forms to apply for dental/eye care benefits. It says financial assistance on the top of the form and its given to seniors with low income.
I am not sure if sponsored parents are eligible for this or it is considered social assistance?
Does anyone have information about it?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

We got Alberta Health Care Cards for parents and along with that we got some forms to apply for dental/eye care benefits. It says financial assistance on the top of the form and its given to seniors with low income.
I am not sure if sponsored parents are eligible for this or it is considered social assistance?
Does anyone have information about it?
interesting, I don't think they are allowed to apply but I could be wrong.

Reactions: calgary17

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
interesting, I don't think they are allowed to apply but I could be wrong.
I have similar impression too. But I don't have the exact inforamtion.

From the Alberta Seniors Financial Assistance programs site:
https://www.alberta.ca/seniors-financial-assistance.aspx#overview
The primary source of income for seniors (65 years of age or older) is provided by the Government of Canada through the Guaranteed Income Supplement and Old Age Security. To supplement these programs the Government of Alberta provides the following supports and services:
:
:
If you and/or your spouse/partner have chosen to defer or delay receipt of Old Age Security, you are not eligible for the following Seniors Financial Assistance programs:
  • Alberta Seniors Benefit
  • Special Needs Assistance for Seniors
  • Dental and Optical Assistance for Seniors Programs

As far as I know... sponsored parents cannot apply for Old Age Security. It's supplimental income for low income seniors to be able to sustain their living. But as sponsored parents, their sponsor is supposed to provide them for it.

Anyway, calgary17 can call them and ask for confirmation. May be ask for a manager since most do not know anything about new immigrant.
Their 3 months living in Alberta requirement seems like for ppl who moved from a different province.

Reactions: calgary17

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I have similar impression too. But I don't have the exact inforamtion.

From the Alberta Seniors Financial Assistance programs site:
https://www.alberta.ca/seniors-financial-assistance.aspx#overview
The primary source of income for seniors (65 years of age or older) is provided by the Government of Canada through the Guaranteed Income Supplement and Old Age Security. To supplement these programs the Government of Alberta provides the following supports and services:
:
:
If you and/or your spouse/partner have chosen to defer or delay receipt of Old Age Security, you are not eligible for the following Seniors Financial Assistance programs:
  • Alberta Seniors Benefit
  • Special Needs Assistance for Seniors
  • Dental and Optical Assistance for Seniors Programs

As far as I know... sponsored parents cannot apply for Old Age Security. It's supplimental income for low income seniors to be able to sustain their living. But as sponsored parents, their sponsor is supposed to provide them for it.

Anyway, calgary17 can call them and ask for confirmation. May be ask for a manager since most do not know anything about new immigrant.
Their 3 months living in Alberta requirement seems like for ppl who moved from a different province.
Thank you for the reply.
I know someone whose parents were sponsored 4-5 years ago and they are getting these benefits but who knows they might have applied it without knowing this and then later the sponsor becomes defaulter of conditions.
They were telling me that this is not social assistantce but i will do some more research about this.

Reactions: YVR123