+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

DJay1234

Apr 27, 2016
Hi everyone,

Remembrance day greetings! Reg my parents-grandparents application I've today received a notice for submission of police clearance certificate & medical request letter.

Can someone pls advice on
1. Do we need medical again if we've done that for Tourist Visa/Super Visa?
2. Process to get police clearance certificate in India?
3. What's usually the next step & timeline after these submissions? It's been 1 yr since Biometrics were collected and it just feels they're awfully slow in processing our application.

Thanks for your help in advance. Much appreciated!!

Here's the application timeline
  • Application submitted - 21 June 2019
  • Started processing - 2nd Sep, 2020
  • Acceptance - 3rd Dec, 2019
  • Biometric request letter - 22nd Oct 2020
  • Biometric completed - 25th Nov 2020
  • Medical Request Letter - 11th Nov 2021
  • Police Clearance Certificate - 11th Nov 2021

Jun 20, 2016
I just got off the phone with an agent from cic, and he said the same thing as you. He was firm with saying that my dad should NOT be included as a dependant. And my mom’s marital status have to be legally separated because in the context of ircc guide, "legally separated" means married but are no longer living together. And the answer should be based on the real, ongoing relationship right now, not just because there’s a marriage contract binding. There is no relationship between them anymore therefore she is legally separated and my dad will not be included in the family size. Although he’s still in Additional Fam Info. And yes, the agent said a letter of explanation will suffice. But I will also have my mom get Affidavit to support the explanation, just to be safe.
It all makes sense now. Finally I can breath after being up all night stressing about it. I’m really grateful for all the response here. Thank you sooo much!!

thesaiyan

Jan 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey there... Anybody from Mexico visa office has had any progress lately? I applied in June 2019 and received AOR, got CSQ and then went absolutely silent. No medicals or anything. Is this normal?
*Re-posting this just to see if there is anybody on the same situation.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@robertp @laxsun

Please update my application in the PGP 2019 tracker:

Sponsored people: Parents
Parents country of citizenship: India
Province: ON
Invitation received date: April 24th 2019
Application received date as per ecas: 25th June 2019
AOR date: Dec 9th 2019
Biometrics Request letter: July 13 2021
Medical Request letter: July 19 2021

Medicals Received: August 8th 2021
Biometrics Received: August 24th 2021

PCC requested: September 21 2021
PCC received: October 13th 2021

Pre-arrival services letter received: Nov 10th 2021
DM on ecas for PA: Nov 10th 2021

Line number 838 in the tracking sheet
Tracker is uploaded with above information.
Did you ever received sponsorship approval letter?
Where is your local visa office?

Last edited:

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Hi All,

Quick question : My father's passport is expiring in May 2022. Looking at the processing timelines, what would suggest we should do regarding renewal of passport? I believe you require at least 6 months of passport validity in order to travel. I don't think I'll receive a PPR request by December. I'll be uploading PCC and schedule A form today, I am not sure if the processing will be completed by December.

Also, if we renew the passport, should IRCC be informed immediately so that passport number can be updated? will be further delay the process?
Hello, re posting this again. Any insights will highly be appreciated.

Jan 12, 2020
Hi Friends,

I sponsored my parents and they are in India. We are asked to submit the marriage certificate, and we don't have it.

I explored with one of the agents and he said that getting the marriage certificate is a lengthy process. Not sure that I will be able to submit it within the timeline.

Can you please suggest to me what are options available to get it? or getting the notarized letter from a lawyer would be a valid document for a marriage certificate?

#EEC

May 19, 2019
Hi Friends,

I sponsored my parents and they are in India. We are asked to submit the marriage certificate, and we don't have it.

I explored with one of the agents and he said that getting the marriage certificate is a lengthy process. Not sure that I will be able to submit it within the timeline.

Can you please suggest to me what are options available to get it? or getting the notarized letter from a lawyer would be a valid document for a marriage certificate?
Just apply certificate n upload receipt with letter saying tht u will submit marriage certificate once u get it and do it when u get it...

senseNsimplicity

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th July 2011
Doc's Request.
27th july 2011
IELTS Request
30-04-2010
Med's Request
Pre-Med
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2011
We recieved pre-arrival letter today. What does it mean in terms of the processing stage?

Thanks

Urvi17

Oct 30, 2019
Can you please add on line that police clearance amd additional documents submit on 11-11-2021. P
Received pre arrival late on 19th October 2021
PA decision made at 07-11-2021
Waiting for passport request
Thank you