+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi Friends,

I sponsored my parents and they are in India. We are asked to submit the marriage certificate, and we don't have it.

I explored with one of the agents and he said that getting the marriage certificate is a lengthy process. Not sure that I will be able to submit it within the timeline.

Can you please suggest to me what are options available to get it? or getting the notarized letter from a lawyer would be a valid document for a marriage certificate?
The local municipality office may be able to issue marriage certificate in native language.
Start the process to get it and inform IRCC that you will submit once you receive it.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Can you please add on line that police clearance amd additional documents submit on 11-11-2021. P
Received pre arrival late on 19th October 2021
PA decision made at 07-11-2021
Waiting for passport request
Thank you
Tracker is updated with above information.
So they asked PCC and additional documents after PA DM.
What additional documents are asked?

ambi24

Nov 11, 2021
hello..wanted help urgently..

ok so my parent sponsorship application is at the stage of police verification etc..

I was approved to be a sponser in 2019 December

we had a baby in Aug 2020 but did not know have to update IRCC about the same..

we just realized it yesterday

now what should we do....like probably we are so close to getting the PR for our parents

also our income requirement for our new family size does not change..do we still need to update IRCC...will it just delay everything now

any guidance...any experience..please share

will they reassess my income etc at suh late stage..please help

kishna

Dec 5, 2008
Hi I have a few questions that I’m hoping someone will be able to answer.
1. I got a letter asking for “original” police clearance certificate (New Delhi). Can I submit the scanned copy or does a physical original copy have to be mailed?
On the bottom of the letter, it contains the following info:
Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India Email: delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca Website: www.india.gc.ca

If scanned copy is okay, do I send it to the email address from the letter, use web form or upload it using the cic account?

2. how long does medical test completion status typically take to show up in the cic portal?

thanks

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Garry, One thing I forgot to mention, when I looked online, where we need to upload documents, it states under instructions - "You must provide a police certificate from this country or territory" . is that a standard verbiage? or by sending only the indian PCC, could work and they may request RCMP one later on? (As you can tell, I really want to avoid RCMP PCC hahaha, because of this delay of 2 months but If I have, I have to I guess)

Also, the process I know for Fingerprinting outside of Canada is, we send the forms to India, then they go to recognized police authority for fingerprinting, and then courier it back to fingerprinting place in Canada, who then uploads to RCMP system. Correct?

Also, for Travel History Form, they are asking for "Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information." what do they mean by resiudent document information? is it just a TR Visa Number, on which they travelled?
You don't need to send the form and you don't need to get a courier back to Canada. It is done digitally.
On the passport with a sticker for Super visa, there is the document number.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I have a few questions that I’m hoping someone will be able to answer.
1. I got a letter asking for “original” police clearance certificate (New Delhi). Can I submit the scanned copy or does a physical original copy have to be mailed?
On the bottom of the letter, it contains the following info:
Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India Email: delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca Website: www.india.gc.ca

If scanned copy is okay, do I send it to the email address from the letter, use web form or upload it using the cic account?

2. how long does medical test completion status typically take to show up in the cic portal?

thanks
1. If you have linked the application to the online ircc portal then you can upload a scanned copy to cic account, Or send using email to the address provided, Using web form is another option but I don't recommend it since it does not provide any proof after you send the document. If you are sending by regular mail or courier then send the original.
2. It can take a few weeks.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello..wanted help urgently..

ok so my parent sponsorship application is at the stage of police verification etc..

I was approved to be a sponser in 2019 December

we had a baby in Aug 2020 but did not know have to update IRCC about the same..

we just realized it yesterday

now what should we do....like probably we are so close to getting the PR for our parents

also our income requirement for our new family size does not change..do we still need to update IRCC...will it just delay everything now

any guidance...any experience..please share

will they reassess my income etc at suh late stage..please help
Message me directly.

harrygne

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh (online)
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
land on 20-08-2014

ronakrpatel

Apr 29, 2019
Hello, re posting this again. Any insights will highly be appreciated.
My parents had 10months validity left on their passport but they still ask us to renew the passport and resubmit the new passport. They stated in the request according to IRCC act they need 12month validity. So I suggest you get their passport renewed. I got COPR right after I submitted my new passport.

good luck

Reactions: rockwidme

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Thanks @reezam, mine shows in process since 26th Oct but nothing yet, have idea how many days NDVO high commission takes to stamp the passports?
Most people say 2-3 weeks, let's keep each other posted. Mine ones were received by IRCC Delhi on November 10th and under process since Nov 11th. Fingers Creossed.

All the best to you

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
My parents had 10months validity left on their passport but they still ask us to renew the passport and resubmit the new passport. They stated in the request according to IRCC act they need 12month validity. So I suggest you get their passport renewed. I got COPR right after I submitted my new passport.

good luck
Thank you for this information. Did IRCC inform you of the renewal? Once the passport is renewed should a webform be submitted to inform IRCC regarding passport number change?

ronakrpatel

Apr 29, 2019
Thank you for this information. Did IRCC inform you of the renewal? Once the passport is renewed should a webform be submitted to inform IRCC regarding passport number change?
Yes they request new renewed passport with 30 day timeline. Once I got new passport I submitted with linked application online. Not by webform.