+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Unfortunately they said they will only reply to priority enquiries
That's what they replied to me as well. But weeks later in the email they sent me asking for PCC, some documents etc, they mentioned granting an extension which is what I had asked for in the Webform. So clearly, they got the message and processed it but I received the standard "priority enquiries only" response after 3-4 days for webform submission.

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
After receiving PPR on 27th October, submitted webform on 27th October, informing that parent in Canada. Received portal email today to confirm email address and other details. Just sharing for the benefit of those who maybe in similar situation. LVO is NDVO.
Thanks for sharing! We are waiting for more than a month since DM2 and passport request :'(

ndd0917

Star Member
Jun 20, 2009
That's what they replied to me as well. But weeks later in the email they sent me asking for PCC, some documents etc, they mentioned granting an extension which is what I had asked for in the Webform. So clearly, they got the message and processed it but I received the standard "priority enquiries only" response after 3-4 days for webform submission.
That is good to know, i hope i will get an update soon

thanks

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015

Did you have to submit PCC for his time in Canada as well? or just from India?

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
Hi all,

I have applied for my parents for immigration, and they have asked for "PCC from any country where your stay has been longer than 6 months". My parents have come in Canada on SuperVisa and have stayed longer than 6 months on couple of those occasions.
I am gotten mixed answer from anyone who I have talked, but here is the question:
1. Do I need Criminal Record Check from my parents from RCMP, for their stay in Canada?
I saw this link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4 which says, I do not need police certificate from Canada.
but then I have talked to someone who had to provide Criminal record check, after it was requested by IRCC.
I do not want to go through the hassle and delay 2 months (which is what the wait time it is right now from RCMP) if I do not have to. Also, someone mentioned, that IRCC specifically would ask me for RCMP Criminal Record Check and should not include at this time. My file is in New Delhi, if that matters.

2. Can I just send them the PCC from India, and then mention in a letter the link above and state, as per link, I am not providing the PCC from Canada?

3. Also, my Mother is still here in Canada with me, so travel history form, should I just state, the date she entered Canada to "Present" ? or do not mention anything about her last travel, because it has not completed yet (meaning she has not returned back just yet), because I do not have the option to add "present" as "To" field is Data field. I'll have to Print the form and write with hand, thoughts?

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have applied for my parents for immigration, and they have asked for "PCC from any country where your stay has been longer than 6 months". My parents have come in Canada on SuperVisa and have stayed longer than 6 months on couple of those occasions.
I am gotten mixed answer from anyone who I have talked, but here is the question:
1. Do I need Criminal Record Check from my parents from RCMP, for their stay in Canada?
I saw this link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4 which says, I do not need police certificate from Canada.
but then I have talked to someone who had to provide Criminal record check, after it was requested by IRCC.
I do not want to go through the hassle and delay 2 months (which is what the wait time it is right now from RCMP) if I do not have to. Also, someone mentioned, that IRCC specifically would ask me for RCMP Criminal Record Check and should not include at this time. My file is in New Delhi, if that matters.

2. Can I just send them the PCC from India, and then mention in a letter the link above and state, as per link, I am not providing the PCC from Canada?

3. Also, my Mother is still here in Canada with me, so travel history form, should I just state, the date she entered Canada to "Present" ? or do not mention anything about her last travel, because it has not completed yet (meaning she has not returned back just yet), because I do not have the option to add "present" as "To" field is Data field. I'll have to Print the form and write with hand, thoughts?
1. Yes provide the RCMP PCC from Canada. (About that link. it does not state if you have lived more than 6 months)
2. You should provide from both countries It has been asked by many people by IRCC. (If you want to know how to get RCMP PCC from India then message me. it takes 15 days to get PCC from RCMP)
3. If she is in Canada then you will provide from the date she entered to present.

Last edited:

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
Thanks Garry, One thing I forgot to mention, when I looked online, where we need to upload documents, it states under instructions - "You must provide a police certificate from this country or territory" . is that a standard verbiage? or by sending only the indian PCC, could work and they may request RCMP one later on? (As you can tell, I really want to avoid RCMP PCC hahaha, because of this delay of 2 months but If I have, I have to I guess)

Also, the process I know for Fingerprinting outside of Canada is, we send the forms to India, then they go to recognized police authority for fingerprinting, and then courier it back to fingerprinting place in Canada, who then uploads to RCMP system. Correct?

Also, for Travel History Form, they are asking for "Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information." what do they mean by resiudent document information? is it just a TR Visa Number, on which they travelled?

Last edited:

sidhubi

Jan 24, 2017
Hi
Status changed to decision made today morning. But no email yet from CPC mississauga.
Any idea what will be the next step.
How long it will take to get PPR?
Thank you

Reactions: serious_cheese

Niki1000

Oct 20, 2021
since the application is not your own, the answer will be No. you
are requesting information on your brother’s behalf. You need consent of your brother.
Thank you. Would you know if there is a consent form or format available on CIC for him to fill and sign so I can apply for his GCSM notes?
since the application is not your own, the answer will be No. you
are requesting information on your brother’s behalf. You need consent of your brother.
Thank you. Would you know if there is a consent form or format available on CIC for him to fill and sign so I can apply for his GCSM notes?

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi all,

PCC is not required for Canada unless specifically requested by IRCC. Most cases its not requested. Submit PCC for India and any other country they stayed 6+ months. You dont have to mention that you are not providing PCC for Canada.

Travel history should include Canada just put the current date and provide a letter explaining that your mom is in Canada.

test20

Apr 28, 2019
Hi Everyone ,

My parents recieved the PPR Request and opt for 2 way courier service with VFS in India , consent form is 4 pages and last page is related to biometrics consent , Can some confirm if i need to leave the page blank considering my parents already completed there Biometric before and its valid for 10 years.