+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Where should the police certificate be sent? There is no instruction on my file?
My file is in Ankara office right now. They asked for medical and police certificate but didn't mention where should it be sent?
You can send your pcc via webform.

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
anyone has experience with parents vaccinated with non-approved vaccines coming over recently? are they getting tested again at the airport? has hotel quarantine been lifted and they only require the 14 day quarantine?

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My brother (19yo) is here in Canada with a visitor visa. He is the dependent in my parent's sponsorship application. They just got the medical and police certificate request.
I am wondering if there is any way that he can get a open work permit or study permit so he can stay here in Canada until the sponsorship application gets approved.
I think he can stay here by his visitor visa extension (more than 6 m) if his visitor visa is still valid,
but I think at the end of the process applicant and dependents need to land together or virtual landing together (Double check with experts please)

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we got married in 2021 so family size 4 make sense for 2021 for my history , what about my wife's history for 2021 i guess 4 ?
what will be my wife's family size for 2018,2019,2020?
I believe her family size will be 1 for the year she was single and 4 after she married you.
You should confirm with someone as I am not 100% sure about this.

Reactions: ASPR

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where should the police certificate be sent? There is no instruction on my file?
My file is in Ankara office right now. They asked for medical and police certificate but didn't mention where should it be sent?
If you have access to an online application portal then upload there or submit using the webform. Usually, when you get a request they mention where to send it. I believe one option is to send using the email that is provided in request.

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hello @laxsun
How are you?

Can I please request for your inputs.

Recently, I had received a letter from IRCC addressed to my father asking for additional documents - proof of relationship, travel history, government positions and PCC.

The letter was addressed to my father.

Section from the letter:
<Father's UCI> - <Father's name>:
> Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide
your voter
ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school
certificate). NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.

Everything was clear except for proof of relationship asked. I was confused whose document was asked.

First I thought they were asking my documents but I have already submitted them my passport and school documents. I mentioned I did not have birth certificate.

Reading the letter later sounded like they asked my father's documents. Now I am confused why would they ask my father's voter id, aadhar card and education documents as proof of relationship to principal applicant.

Based on my understanding, I have submitted my father's voter id, aadhar and education certificates. Did I make a mistake in my submission?

They also asked to confirm if the residence address has changed since the application was submitted.

Any inputs from your end will be extremely helpful.

Thank you.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My brother (19yo) is here in Canada with a visitor visa. He is the dependent in my parent's sponsorship application. They just got the medical and police certificate request.
I am wondering if there is any way that he can get a open work permit or study permit so he can stay here in Canada until the sponsorship application gets approved.
There is no special permit for people waiting for PGP sponsorship.
He should extend his visitor status before it expires and if he wants to stay in Canada while waiting for PR, he will need to just be a visitor and not work nor study.
He can apply for a study permit like ANY international student but it will be hard to proof his intension to only study and will return to home country after.
(He needs to pay international fee until he gets PR if he gets study permit)

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2015
AOR Received.
February 2, 2016 (AOR 1) AOR2 May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
February 16, 2016 (Feb 22nd File received in Manila Visa Office)
Med's Done....
December 7, 2015
Passport Req..
September 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 3, 2016
LANDED..........
October 23, 2016
Did you consent cra to access your account? Or you didnt?

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2015
AOR Received.
February 2, 2016 (AOR 1) AOR2 May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
February 16, 2016 (Feb 22nd File received in Manila Visa Office)
Med's Done....
December 7, 2015
Passport Req..
September 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 3, 2016
LANDED..........
October 23, 2016
Hello, is there anyone here who did not give consent to CRA but already got DM? Thanks for any response.
Did you give cra consent or not? Hows your pgp application?

debog2506

Jul 4, 2019
Hi All,

received my Portal email from Virtual Landing Unit on 28/Oct/21 and remainder email on 29/Oct/2021.

I responded to them on 28/Oct itself. And again today(29/Oct) received remainder email. I just received a third one today. Does anyone had similar experience. After sending reply also getting remainders from Virtual Landing Unit(
IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca)

vineshdparekh

Oct 16, 2021
I would recommend you not to apply, as you will get refuse if you don't meet the income requirement. First thing you cannot just sponsor one family member and leave other. You need to add your father to the application for income verification, as a non accompanying family member

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14
To calculate your family size, include:

• yourself
  • your spouse or common-law partner (who could also be your co-signer) (doesn't matter weather they live in Canada or not)
  • your dependentchildren
    • only include your children if they meet the definition of a dependent child
    • for young children, only include them starting on the year they were born (see example 2)
  • your spouse’s or partner’s dependentchildren
    • only include children who meet the definition of a dependent child
    • for young children, only include them starting on the year they were born (see example 2)
  • any other person you (and your co-signer, if applicable) may have sponsored in the past, for whom you’re still financially responsible
  • the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor and their dependants (spouse or partner and dependent children). You must also include
    • any dependent children who won’t come to Canada with your parents or grandparents
    • your parent or grandparent’s spouse or partner, even if they won’t come to Canada
    • your parent or grandparents’ separated spouse
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-assessing-sponsor.html

There is nothing you can do to solve this. You need to proof income for 4 people for all 3 years.
Hello, my spouse and I were separated in mid 2020 so should I consider 3 people or 4 people when I am looking at income requirement table? Thank you for your help.

shivi1234

Jan 2, 2020
Hello everyone,
I am planning to call my mum here as a visitor. I have applied for PR for my father and mother and waiting now after two medical.
Mum is principal applicant and Dad is dependent.
Is it ok to call my mum here as dad is still back home. If PAssport request comes, would it be ok to send one here and Dad’s back home.
Can my Dad come himself as Mum is already here. please advise I am booking mum’s ticket soon.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

received my Portal email from Virtual Landing Unit on 28/Oct/21 and remainder email on 29/Oct/2021.

I responded to them on 28/Oct itself. And again today(29/Oct) received remainder email. I just received a third one today. Does anyone had similar experience. After sending reply also getting remainders from Virtual Landing Unit(
IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca)
I have received twice in 24 hr. There was 2 different format of PR confirmation Portal attached, one mentioned "We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence " and the other "Your application for permanent residence has been approved" and both explained portal process and after around 30 hr of my reply my mom received portal access and submitted photo and address ...since Oct 20 no ECOPR or PR card yet.
With the email attachment which showed their application is approved my parents applied for OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan).

frange

May 25, 2018
I have received twice in 24 hr. There was 2 different format of PR confirmation Portal attached, one mentioned "We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence " and the other "Your application for permanent residence has been approved" and both explained portal process and after around 30 hr of my reply my mom received portal access and submitted photo and address ...since Oct 20 no ECOPR or PR card yet.
With the email attachment which showed their application is approved my parents applied for OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan).
Did they get the OHIP card with those documents?

Pancham S

Jan 19, 2015
@laxsun
Hello All, quick question, in my ECAS, it says immigration had sent a correspondence on the 25th October but neither my consultant and not me have received any correspondence regarding my PGP. We have submitted medical results in August.
, anyone with similar sinario. What we do in this situation?